2022-2023 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL interviewed mid-September (MD)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got a PSTP A via text!!! Stanford has been a dream school for the longest time. So blessed to have the opportunity!

Edit: interviewed late October
yooo congrats!! Did it say PSTP on there or just MD? I got my A for MD but unsure if that includes PSTP as well or not :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
yooo congrats!! Did it say PSTP on there or just MD? I got my A for MD but unsure if that includes PSTP as well or not :)
They mentioned at info session that MD acceptance = auto-"acceptance" for PSTP (different from MSTP decisions)!

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody have intel whether and when Stanford doing any MD As this week? What about more waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have historic data on waitlist movement at Stanford? Do people ever get off it and accepted? How many? Seems that Stanford doesn’t reject anyone post interview so a waitlist feels more like a rejection here ….

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone who applied for KHS and got rejected also get rejected from the MD program? When were you complete?

Sadge, just got my Pre-II R

Held out this long 😭 curious whether everyone gets the same comment in their rejection letters though.

Last edited:
Update button removed this morning, guessing As coming today…

If I told my traditional interviewer about an update (it’s a clinical job I’m doing) do y’all think it’s better to or not to send an update about it on the portal?

If I told my traditional interviewer about an update (it’s a clinical job I’m doing) do y’all think it’s better to or not to send an update about it on the portal?
I don't think that would qualify as a "significant update" based on what they told us at my interview day. Also based on the wording on the update portal it states:
  • Please upload ONLYsignificant updates, such as:
    • New publications (include ORCID)
    • Institutional, national, or international awards
    • Major employment research accomplishments

• Care
I don't think that would qualify as a "significant update" based on what they told us at my interview day. Also based on the wording on the update portal it states:
  • Please upload ONLYsignificant updates, such as:
    • New publications (include ORCID)
    • Institutional, national, or international awards
    • Major employment research accomplishments

This was confusing to me since in the drop down for “type” employment/experiences is an option! I do think you’re right to go off of this though instead especially since interview day they really sounded like they want us to err on the minimal side lol

Can anyone share how their interviews went — was the MMI tricky, standard, similar to others? How about the traditional part?
I very assertively explained why I thought some of the MMI questions were silly, interviewers laughed, unsure if it made or broke my app

Does anyone happen to know if Stanford sends physical acceptance letters to those who received an A? It would be nice to have a physical memento of a moment I thought would never happen.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your A. Lucky you. Were you accepted in the last few days or in the January wave? Wondering when Stanford’s next A wave is happening or whether it already did last Friday or today and no one reported?

Accepted just now, told her on the phone to get rid of the MMI lmao

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations! Did you get a text first? Also what time zone do you live in? Hope lots more of us get calls tonight

Got a text at 12 PST and calls (that I missed, oops) a minute or two later. An email came after another half hour, maybe because I missed the calls? I’m so relieved I can’t think straight, wishing you all the best!!!!

EDIT: it was 4 pm, not noon, too frazzled for time zones

Last edited:
Got a text at 12 PST and calls (that I missed, oops) a minute or two later. An email came after another half hour, maybe because I missed the calls? I’m so relieved I can’t think straight, wishing you all the best!!!!

Congratulations!!!! When did you interview?

Are any accepted applicants having trouble logging into AXESS financial aid portal?

Bleh anyone else interview in late Jan and super anxious about when they'll hear back?

Another 1/11 interviewee here wondering the same thing! If anything, the update button disappeared on my portal on Tuesday.

Thank you!! early Jan

May I ask if you interviewed earlier than 1/11 or on that date? I didn’t see earlier openings when I signed up so wasn’t sure :) Thanks!

Last edited:
Early January Interviewee. Button isn't gone yet, but I also applied PSTP, so maybe thats why.

Does anyone know when second look/admitted students day is? Thank you!

Does anyone know when second look/admitted students day is? Thank you!
They currently have it scheduled for the afternoon of April 18th to the morning of April 20th. Speaking of Second look, does anyone know if Stanford usually pays for flights to California or do we have to buy our own flight?