2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Haha, was looking at past threads and it seems like they sent acceptances for the MPH program separately from the MD--kind of weird but makes me put less stock in this!
So would it be an acceptance to the MPH program but not the MD? I wonder if that gives better chances to get an II for the MD program
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the Virtual Chat Session, they said decisions will be released in mid to late February. Hang tight (I'm anxious too) and best of luck to you! 🙂
I predict it will be before February 19th so people have time to "plan to enroll" in AMCAS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I have been wanting to do this for the past year and a half, and did not have the courage until now, because my experience at Downstate has been so bad and other students should know before they commit to 4 years here.

I started medical school with 6 acceptances, but ultimately I decided to attend Downstate because I wanted to be closer to family and my partner worked in NYC. This was a decision I regretted almost immediately.

Downstate promotes themselves as a school that supports their students, but in reality this is the furthest from the truth. If you are under-served, low income, have physical/mental health issues, need academic support or a combination of the above, they will not help or support you. Downstate caters to students that are privileged, although they market themselves to be otherwise.

If anyone is accepted to any other medical school in the US, please go there. Go anywhere but here.

If anyone wants more details or has questions, feel free to send me a private message.

This is my experience, so my experience may not be everyone's at Downstate, but for the majority of my class, it is.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad