2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone applying for the combined MPH program get an email asking you to rank your choices? Not sure if it means anything lol haven’t received an II so just curious
Same! I’m hoping it does mean something!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Same! I’m hoping it does mean something!!
Haha, was looking at past threads and it seems like they sent acceptances for the MPH program separately from the MD--kind of weird but makes me put less stock in this!

Haha, was looking at past threads and it seems like they sent acceptances for the MPH program separately from the MD--kind of weird but makes me put less stock in this!
So would it be an acceptance to the MPH program but not the MD? I wonder if that gives better chances to get an II for the MD program

Members don't see this ad :)
I never received an email about the tour, does that mean anything? I would love to see the campus in person!

Reactions: 1 user
At the Virtual Chat Session, they said decisions will be released in mid to late February. Hang tight (I'm anxious too) and best of luck to you! :)
I predict it will be before February 19th so people have time to "plan to enroll" in AMCAS.

Just got an interview invite!!

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this has been asked but whats the dress code for virtual chat sessions?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people who took the in person tour at Downstate, when did you receive the email with additional info?

There's a writing assignment due after the interview? Was it difficult?
yes there is a short writing assignment due 4 PM on the day of your interview. It is not difficult! They also say that it does not affect your admission chances I believe

II received today! OOS, WARS in the low 80s, complete late September. Scheduling in February (one of y'all sniped my preferred time before my eyes :cryi:)

II received last night while I was watching the new Avatar movie. Complete early August. IS.

S'all good, man.

Hi everyone! I have been wanting to do this for the past year and a half, and did not have the courage until now, because my experience at Downstate has been so bad and other students should know before they commit to 4 years here.

I started medical school with 6 acceptances, but ultimately I decided to attend Downstate because I wanted to be closer to family and my partner worked in NYC. This was a decision I regretted almost immediately.

Downstate promotes themselves as a school that supports their students, but in reality this is the furthest from the truth. If you are under-served, low income, have physical/mental health issues, need academic support or a combination of the above, they will not help or support you. Downstate caters to students that are privileged, although they market themselves to be otherwise.

If anyone is accepted to any other medical school in the US, please go there. Go anywhere but here.

If anyone wants more details or has questions, feel free to send me a private message.

This is my experience, so my experience may not be everyone's at Downstate, but for the majority of my class, it is.

• Wow
Reactions: 18 users
IS II just now, complete 8/15, received MPH email around Thanksgiving and uploaded update letter mid-Dec. They are still scheduling throughout Feb. :)

IS II just now, complete 8/15, received MPH email around Thanksgiving and uploaded update letter mid-Dec. They are still scheduling throughout Feb. :)
Hi! Did you apply to the MD/MPH program or was the MPH email promotional?

Hi! Did you apply to the MD/MPH program or was the MPH email promotional?

Hi! Yes, i did apply md-mph. I believe the email asked to rank 3 public health concentrations i’d be interested in. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.

just to confirm, they release decisions at some point in Feb right?

Just received a pre-interview rejection. I was complete in July and OOS