You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre II R
Those who got acceptances, when did you interview?
Ear_BS
Full Member
Those who got acceptances, when did you interview?
I interviewed September. Found out via email to check portalHow did you hear? Interview date?
Interviewed in Sept also. Based on last year's thread, it seems there were few acceptances the first day of decision release, and then a large influx the next morning. I am completely thrown off by January acceptances, so who knows what will happen. Fingers crossed for us that there is more good news tomorrow
PremedKid4
Full Member
There's only two As reported here for a school that doesnt do rolling admissionsAlso interviewed in September so starting to worry a bit 🙁
Can't lose hope just yet (also a September interviewer)
Does anyone know if the virtual chat sessions are required. Does it look bad if we don't attend?
PremedKid4
Full Member
not required and I doubt they factor it into admissions lolDoes anyone know if the virtual chat sessions are required. Does it look bad if we don't attend?
Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/7! LM 72!
PremedKid4
Full Member
Accepted, LM 73, interviewed September
Just to clarify, accepting the admission offer is just holding your seat right, you're not confirming you'll attend?
Just to clarify, accepting the admission offer is just holding your seat right, you're not confirming you'll attend?
biggkahuna
Full Member
IS II! Complete 7/25, reapplicant, waitlisted last year, LM 68, hopefully this year it works out! Interviews are being scheduled for mid-late February
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly alphabetical makes the most sense to me for "non-rolling" admissions, assuming they're working through a spreadsheet or somethingYeah I really wonder what order they're going in...
*anxiety intensifies because of my last name*Honestly alphabetical makes the most sense to me for "non-rolling" admissions, assuming they're working through a spreadsheet or something
PremedKid4
Full Member
just to add on to this, my last name does start with one of the first lettersHonestly alphabetical makes the most sense to me for "non-rolling" admissions, assuming they're working through a spreadsheet or something
so you could be right!
Last name with an S, and got an II a few weeks ago (and was complete Late September so.. pretty late).Honestly alphabetical makes the most sense to me for "non-rolling" admissions, assuming they're working through a spreadsheet or something
The order is likely similar to the order for all other schools. All speculation, of course, but I imagine schools give priority based on some* of the below (*with different weights)
GPA / MCAT / Submission date / EC hours in select categories / IS or OOS / URM or ORM / SES / Undergrad Prestige/ Military / etc
and I've said this elsewhere but there is also a matter of WHO is reviewing your file. Are you in Charlie's pile, who reviews 200 applicants a day? Or are you in Dennis' pile, who has been in the Bahamas all week but promises to review some apps on the flight back?
PremedKid4
Full Member
like admitted or just got an interview? the theory was for admissionsLast name with an S, and got an II a few weeks ago (and was complete Late September so.. pretty late).
The order is likely similar to the order for all other schools. All speculation, of course, but I imagine schools give priority based on some* of the below (*with different weights)
GPA / MCAT / Submission date / EC hours in select categories / IS or OOS / URM or ORM / SES / Undergrad Prestige/ Military / etc
and I've said this elsewhere but there is also a matter of WHO is reviewing your file. Are you in Charlie's pile, who reviews 200 applicants a day? Or are you in Dennis' pile, who has been in the Bahamas all week but promises to review some apps on the flight back?
Is it worth sending a letter of interest here vs a letter of intent? I know not all admissions decisions have come out yet, but I have interviewed and would like to have the opportunity to tour this school and learn more about the school from other students before sending a letter of intent since I am OOS. I'm just worried if I send a letter of interest it will be looked down upon since I am not committing to go there if I am accepted.
Ear_BS
Full Member
I was one of the first to receive an A. My initials are middle lettersHonestly alphabetical makes the most sense to me for "non-rolling" admissions, assuming they're working through a spreadsheet or something
Interview invite. Excited for this one!
On second thought, will likely be declining my invite! All the best to everyone still in the running!
II just now!
Quick question for anyone whose already interviewed - if my interview is at 3pm, how am I supposed to complete and upload the writing assignment by 4pm? Do they give you the assignment first thing in the morning? Or at the start of the interview?
congrats! i am surprised they sent an ii on a sunday.II just now!
they give you the assignment first thing in the morning from my recollection.Quick question for anyone whose already interviewed - if my interview is at 3pm, how am I supposed to complete and upload the writing assignment by 4pm? Do they give you the assignment first thing in the morning? Or at the start of the interview?
congrats! i am surprised they sent an ii on a sunday.
they give you the assignment first thing in the morning from my recollection.
I was surprised too! It came through at 11:46 and was not expecting it at all! Okay, thanks so much for sharing 🙂
Forgot to report that I also received A on Friday! Interviewed early Nov
I have the same question!Do we think they are going to do a slow release of acceptances, or if I interviewed early can I expect I’m waitlisted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really heartbroken that I got an Pre-II R. This was my top choice and I really wanted to come here. Was hoping I could at least be one of the lucky few that they interview late march for a waitlist spot. I wish everyone else here the best of luck for those who are still waiting to hear, really sad I won't be following this thread after today.
traveler15
Full Member
it seems like not a lot of people have been accepted yet, but honestly I'm not sure what's going on or what it means for people who interviewed early.Do we think they are going to do a slow release of acceptances, or if I interviewed early can I expect I’m waitlisted?
Please do 😂 I would also think it’s appropriate because they told us the release would be later onDo you think it’s worth it/appropriate to call admissions and ask if they have a specific date or a plan for when they are releasing decisions? I guess besides for the few that have already been released
juneweather
New Member
I just called to clarify and they said acceptances have been going out so you can expect to hear back sooner than mid-Feb. I have no idea what this means for the order or for those of us who haven't heard back yet though 🙁Okay so I just called and they said that they had already started and to keep checking emails. I then asked about how they said they would release them in February and that's where it got a bit confusing. They weren’t very clear and it sounded like they would be releasing until February but also kinda sounded like they were sticking to their plan for February so idk. I guess they are just doing whatever.
If someone else maybe wants to call to get a clearer answer that could help. The person was nice enough but it was a very vague answer.
Hi, for those with acceptances. Did you guys go to an on campus tour?
For those who have gone to on campus tours, what was the dress code?
Thanks!
For those who have gone to on campus tours, what was the dress code?
Thanks!
traveler15
Full Member
I went on a tour and everyone was dressed somewhat casual. most people were in jeans.Hi, for those with acceptances. Did you guys go to an on campus tour?
For those who have gone to on campus tours, what was the dress code?
Thanks!
Yup the whole vibe was pretty chill.I went on a tour and everyone was dressed somewhat casual. most people were in jeans.
Hi everyone. Congratulations to those who have received A and II so far! I am planning to apply this cycle and given that Downstate is my first choice (IS applicant) I was wondering if those who have received A or II would be willing to DM me their stats and/or ECs or whatever is comfortable sharing. I just wanted to get a sense of what Downstate looks for in prospective matriculants. Thanks in advance.
+1, complete mid-October+1. Complete mid-August
juneweather
New Member
Did they send out emails about the campus tour to everyone who applied? I got one and haven't heard back post-II yet so was just wondering...
Last edited:
Admissions told me they only send the tours out to certain people. I didn't get one. I think getting one is a good sign!I think to all who interviewed? I went on a tour and haven't heard either
ty for this answer and I hope you get one soon! Did you call admissions for this answer? Or was this mentioned during your interview?Admissions told me they only send the tours out to certain people. I didn't get one. I think getting one is a good sign!
Interviewed and I didn’t get a tour eitherty for this answer and I hope you get one soon! Did you call admissions for this answer? Or was this mentioned during your interview?
Admissions told me they only send the tours out to certain people. I didn't get one. I think getting one is a good sign!
May I ask when you interviewed?Interviewed and I didn’t get a tour either
October. Haven’t heard back yetMay I ask when you interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you for your answer and i hope good news for you soon!October. Haven’t heard back yet
The first one. I called a while ago (don't want to say exactly when). I called once every couple of weeks and they told me an invitation should come soon, then the last time I called they said only certain people are "selected" (I think that was the word they used) for a tour, but wouldn't say what the criteria was.ty for this answer and I hope you get one soon! Did you call admissions for this answer? Or was this mentioned during your interview?
Thanks for the info. Does this mean you interviewed? From what I can understand, tour invites were sent to those who were interviewed.The first one. I called a while ago (don't want to say exactly when). I called once every couple of weeks and they told me an invitation should come soon, then the last time I called they said only certain people are "selected" (I think that was the word they used) for a tour, but wouldn't say what the criteria was.
Yes I interviewed.Thanks for the info. Does this mean you interviewed? From what I can understand, tour invites were sent to those who were interviewed.
tiramisu008
Full Member
I don’t see any more acceptances other than the 3 reported before. Is the first wave over or haven’t even started? I am so stressed. Has anyone received acceptances lately?