2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
depends when your interview invite was, but if mid-january+, then you are interviewing to hear back in May (which is when a lot of schools start waitlist movement)
i got my II invite in december. interviewed January 11. thoughts on when i hear back ? may or February block
 
Got a good feeling about today, gang
1675869226953.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get an email asking them to withdraw if they're no longer interested? Email title included something along the lines of confirming interview interest.
Silence here 😌✨….although downstate is my top choice, I am now waiting for my rejection email ahhaha
 
Did anyone else get an email asking them to withdraw if they're no longer interested? Email title included something along the lines of confirming interview interest.
I did. If they haven't even looked at my application, why don't they just give me back the $100 I paid them to look at my application? Otherwise you withdraw and lose the primary/secondary fees associated with applying with nothing in return..

Actual email text below for reference:

Thank you for applying to SUNY Downstate. We appreciate your interest in our College of Medicine and would like to update you on your application status.

Due to the large volume of applications received this year, our initial review has taken longer than expected and we have not yet selected all the students for our entering class.

We understand that you may have already made other plans for medical school. If this is the case and you have decided that you are no longer interested in SUNY Downstate, please log in to your admissions portal and click on the withdraw section located in the left-hand blue menu bar. Alternatively, you may send an email by Friday, February 10, 2023, to [email protected] to withdraw your application from further consideration.
 
I did. If they haven't even looked at my application, why don't they just give me back the $100 I paid them to look at my application? Otherwise you withdraw and lose the primary/secondary fees associated with applying with nothing in return..

Actual email text below for reference:

You make a fair point. I forget exactly which thread but someone posted on r/premed or sdn that through some confusion a school (Not downstate) admitted to never even reviewing the application from the applicant. They ended up denying the refund request.
 
You make a fair point. I forget exactly which thread but someone posted on r/premed or sdn that through some confusion a school (Not downstate) admitted to never even reviewing the application from the applicant. They ended up denying the refund request.
That was rosalind franklin and I’m sure they learned to never admit something like that lol. For Downstate, if they said confirming interview interest, it’s prob not a bad email. They don’t have time to send IIs and wait to see who reject/accept.
 
That was rosalind franklin and I’m sure they learned to never admit something like that lol. For Downstate, if they said confirming interview interest, it’s prob not a bad email. They don’t have time to send IIs and wait to see who reject/accept.

Oh yeah, I don't think it's a bad thing. But I also don't think it means anything. Probably just a mass email to the leftover applicants.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking at previous threads it seems that Downstate usually has at least one huge A day in Feb. Based on only seeing a few A's today and the others earlier, I don't think the A day happened yet (basically this is what I'm telling myself so I don't get too stressed lol). Does any one else agree with this?

Last years thread had 2 As the day before the big A day (Feb 22 and then Feb 23). Fingers crossed that Downstate didn’t change this lol
 
Looking at previous threads it seems that Downstate usually has at least one huge A day in Feb. Based on only seeing a few A's today and the others earlier, I don't think the A day happened yet (basically this is what I'm telling myself so I don't get too stressed lol). Does any one else agree with this?
I agree with it but also am mostly hoping for it
 
I know it's easier said than done, but friends, please do not stress too much. I am sure your acceptances will be released shortly! As someone who overanalyzed this thread for the past few months and put myself through torture unnecessarily, there is no sense in this process. It is a matter of time before you receive the great news! Sending lots of virtual hugs.
 
for those who interviewed, how did it go? Was it a general interview like questions or more of a conversation? Sorry if someone already answered it, I couldn't find it.

Also, Can I PM someone?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiosity, for those who got the confirming interview interest email, what dates were you all complete? I got the confirming interview interest email on 2/8 and was complete on 10/29.
 
I wonder if it was only sent to late applicants (to decide whether they even want to spend the resources to look through out application if we have other offers lined up).
 
I wonder if it was only sent to late applicants (to decide whether they even want to spend the resources to look through out application if we have other offers lined up).
That email reminded me that I even applied here lol, complete 06/27
 
Just out of curiosity, for those who got the confirming interview interest email, what dates were you all complete? I got the confirming interview interest email on 2/8 and was complete on 10/29.
I was complete in August and got it on 2/8 as well
 
I interviewed on 11/1 (or technically 11/3 cuz my interviewer left halfway on the first [emoji1787]) and I'm so nervous rn seeing they released acceptances yesterday

Technically they released acceptances late January for a few people…and then a few more yesterday.

MOM COME PICK ME UP IM SCARED[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone attend the virtual chat on Friday? Was there any mention of when decisions would be coming out?
 
They're really taking their time with the decisions ugh (sorry not to be neurotic, just having a hard time waiting)