2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone have any advice for the writing assignment? I just got it and I’m not sure what angle to take here haha. I know they say there’s no correct answers though
 
Does anyone have any advice for the writing assignment? I just got it and I’m not sure what angle to take here haha. I know they say there’s no correct answers though
I think I was told not to overthink it too much and just write whatever comes to mind (it has to look and sound good ofc) because its just an interview day activity and not a huge deal but correct me if im wrong.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems to me that they are doing only a few acceptances at a time. hard to tell based only on this thread but maybe like 30-50 at a time? but also just complete guess based on desperation
Yeah I wish they'd just release the decisions. This is really hard. I thought the "big decision day" would be sometimes nowadays.
 
The fact that no more September interviewers got an A makes me worried that downstate has already made a decision for us…
 
*refreshing they email

1676557424459.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For MD-MPH applicants -- got an A in my portal earlier today for the MPH program. I interviewed earlier this week w/ downstate so the MD decision is def still pending lol.
 
For about a good 20 minutes I thought they accepted me to the MD program. Then something told me to reread the email and ofc it’s for the mph program LMFAOO does no one else find that so cruel like babes I’m a MD/MPH candidate. Shouldn’t the MD admissions come first [emoji23]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad