2022-2023 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• D8A31781-3569-45EF-81B5-A21806A3FB88.jpeg
    D8A31781-3569-45EF-81B5-A21806A3FB88.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 304
Members don't see this ad :)
Im confused by the confusion lol. Secondary was received! Ill attach the prompt.

Please describe your experience with osteopathic medicine, such as your care and treatment from a DO and your shadowing experience with a DO (including number of hours). Please describe how your experience has influenced your decision to apply to an osteopathic medical school.

Im confused by the confusion lol. Secondary was received! Ill attach the prompt.

Please describe your experience with osteopathic medicine, such as your care and treatment from a DO and your shadowing experience with a DO (including number of hours). Please describe how your experience has influenced your decision to apply to an osteopathic medical school.
This is for MD school lol. Good luck w/ KCU though!

yeah that's pikeville!

Received this morning, but an error occurs when trying to submit the secondary. Is this happening to anyone else?

Recieved this morning, in state, not ED.

Not sure if the previous people who posted were ED or not. :)

Can someone post the secondary prompts? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! did anyone who is OOS get the complete email and then get a secondary?
I just got the complete email and it asked if I had ties to ky, not sure if this is just a complete email or if I need to have a tie to get a secondary?

Hey! did anyone who is OOS get the complete email and then get a secondary?
I just got the complete email and it asked if I had ties to ky, not sure if this is just a complete email or if I need to have a tie to get a secondary?
I am OOS, submitted 6/28 and got a complete email 6/28

Sorry for the confusion, I submitted my secondary 6/28 and got a completion email soon after

Do you still have the prompts for this app? Still waiting to get verified but just wanted to have the right prompts prewritten

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email on 7/13 acknowledging receiving my primary and saying I’ll get instructions for secondary if I’m given further consideration. Anyone else wait this long and actually end up getting sent the secondary?

I got an email on 7/13 acknowledging receiving my primary and saying I’ll get instructions for secondary if I’m given further consideration. Anyone else wait this long and actually end up getting sent the secondary?
My primary was verified 7/13 and I was sent the secondary the following morning. It may be worth it to contact admissions by now. I've heard they do screen for MCAT and GPA for secondaries as well. I'm IS btw.

I'm also still pending - been waiting longer than that. Think I'll email admissions to follow up.

I applied OOS, but from Cincinnati, Ohio. I haven't received a secondary yet as I really don't have ties to KY other than living in cinci. Anyone else in a similar boat? Would living in south ohio count as a "tie to the commonwealth of KY?"

I'm a lifelong Cincinnatian who has worked in Kentucky and got denied a secondary :(

Any RD IS II yet? If so, completion date?
don't think there have been any yet!

I received an email last week that my file was complete and it said they will begin conducting interview in the next "several weeks"

don't think there have been any yet!

I received an email last week that my file was complete and it said they will begin conducting interview in the next "several weeks"

Weird. Last year’s thread had people reporting regular decision II the last week of July. I got the complete email 7/21.

Interview invite received just now! Bowling Green campus!

Still no word :( complete 7/21 IS RD. Hopefully, they send more Lexington II soon.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
II this morning. Complete on 8/8. Technically OOS but grew up in Lexington. LM 70

Interview invitation received today for the northern ky campus!!

Have an interview in a few weeks. Any info from someone who has interviewed this cycle?

How was the interview process? Any abnormal questions?

I interviewed at the BG campus but I believe the interview questions are all standardized across each campus except NKY has some additional rural specific questions.

Really there was nothing out of the ordinary. It was really what you expect from an interview! Won’t share specific questions, but if you prep with common questions from the AAMC and know why you want to attend UK, you should be good to go.

I interviewed at the BG campus but I believe the interview questions are all standardized across each campus except NKY has some additional rural specific questions.

Really there was nothing out of the ordinary. It was really what you expect from an interview! Won’t share specific questions, but if you prep with common questions from the AAMC and know why you want to attend UK, you should be good to go.

Thanks for the information! :)

Reactions: 1 users

Great info- thanks!

I haven’t had my interview yet but I did interview with UK for a waitlist position after their class filled back in the 2020-2021 cycle.

Both the faculty and student interview were pretty conversational in nature, especially the faculty one. In my faculty interview we spent what felt like half the time talking about my nontrad path and the city of Lexington. A decent amount of questions about my app and background. Some standard questions like weaknesses, challenges, etc.

If you look at the SDN page for UK’s interview process and look at the example questions most of them are pretty accurate for the kinds of questions I got. Here’s the link if you’re interested: University of Kentucky College of Medicine Interview Feedback
Awesome info. Thanks

Late to post but II on 9/2 for a 9/30 interview for the RPLP, OOS, LM 69