You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UT Tyler
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thank you so much! you caught me, i'm an aggie through and through hahahey now, isn't A&M the Howdy school? 😉
Congratulations and welcome to Tyler
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I was also accepted as of yesterday so if you could send me that link it would be much appreciated 🙂congrats! I’ll PM you the link🙂
so a maximum of 4 seats open for the match… obviously people can match elsewhere and it opens more up but :/ not feeling good. i would bet that those 4 seats were prematched too they’re just not on SDN
If you don't match, then shortly after the match you could get an email offering you a position on the waitlist, or you could get a Post-II R. Some programs invite many people who don't match to be on their waitlist, while others are more selective, it depends on the program.So if you don’t match does that mean you’re on the waitlist? This is my first time applying… so I don’t really understand the who process lol.
D
deleted1106377
It does seem for a decent number of prematched people that this is their only school. I will be curious how it shakes out in 2 weeks.so a maximum of 4 seats open for the match… obviously people can match elsewhere and it opens more up but :/ not feeling good. i would bet that those 4 seats were prematched too they’re just not on SDN
please y'all go watch the Match video that is linked conveniently on hte TMDSAS Guide or on numerous posts by me in The Republic of Texas or TMDSAS questions threads.So if you don’t match does that mean you’re on the waitlist? This is my first time applying… so I don’t really understand the who process lol.
If you haven't been using all this waiting time to inform yourselves, then I can't help ya.
any accepted peeps rank other schools higher or was UTT your top choice?
I ranked a school I pre-matched to higher, so my seat at UTT is open 🙂!any accepted peeps rank other schools higher or was UTT your top choice?
You’re a blessed soulI ranked a school I pre-matched to higher, so my seat at UTT is open 🙂!
acute_puppy
Full Member
I could kiss youI ranked a school I pre-matched to higher, so my seat at UTT is open 🙂!
wantstobeaphysician
Full Member
if you dont mind sharing, which school did you rank higher?I ranked a school I pre-matched to higher, so my seat at UTT is open 🙂!
I actually ranked 4 schools higher 😅 all of which I had pre matched at, so my seat is def def open hahaif you dont mind sharing, which school did you rank higher?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106377
Damn you prematched to 6 schools? Congrats manI actually ranked 5 schools higher 😅 all of which I had pre matched at, so my seat is def def open haha
Thank you! But my bad, I meant to put 4! I had a total of 5 pre-matches 🙂Damn you prematched to 6 schools? Congrats man
D
deleted1106377
Oh in that case you’re slacking… nah I’m joking😂that’s still mad impressiveThank you! But my bad, I meant to put 4! I had a total of 5 pre-matches 🙂
hahaha thank you! Crazy to think I was told to prepare to reapply back in September when my app was completed late. So, I am still processing them lol 🤣Oh in that case you’re slacking… nah I’m joking😂that’s still mad impressive
WhataburgerKid
New Member
How fantastic. Very happy for you!hahaha thank you! Crazy to think I was told to prepare to reapply back in September when my app was completed late. So, I am still processing them lol 🤣
if you don’t follow the texas thread and prematched, check your tmdsas portal 👀 funky stuff going on
'The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence'
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence
'The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence'
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence
Wait what?if you don’t follow the texas thread and prematched, check your tmdsas portal 👀 funky stuff going on
'The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence'
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence
funky but nothing crazy- just applicants getting to see the algorithm workWait what?
Now it would be nice to get results this Friday instead of next... though I know we wontfunky but nothing crazy- just applicants getting to see the algorithm work
acute_puppy
Full Member
One week! 😃😃😃
thrivingthroughmedschool
New Member
Shhhhhhh....trying not to rememberOne week! 😃😃😃
acute_puppy
Full Member
It won’t change the outcome on Friday but I wish we knew how many prematched people aren’t taking their spots and how many interviewees ranked UTT #1!
I've already started preparing for an mcat retake and am logging more clinical hours.
same, i just got accepted to a masters that i’ll do. i have no idea what else i could have done other than statsI've already started preparing for an mcat retake and am logging more clinical hours.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Friday March 3 after 8 am on your TMDSAS portal, if you are a TX residentJust curious if anyone knows how match results are given? Would we find out via a phone call like pre-match or online on TMDSAS? Also is it Friday or Saturday lol ?
Sir, do you have any network resources in dfw for a shadowing opportunity where I can get a letter of recommendation from a physician. I'm a non traditional and am taking a few graduate courses in biology online (TAMUC).Friday March 3 after 8 am on your TMDSAS portal, if you are a TX resident
Do you live in the DFW area?Sir, do you have any network resources in dfw for a shadowing opportunity where I can get a letter of recommendation from a physician. I'm a non traditional and am taking a few graduate courses in biology online (TAMUC).
Generally for TMDSAS application, you don’t need a letter from a doctor you shadowed.
You might ask friends & family in the area who their doctor is and make contacts that way.
I'm wanting to increase my chance. Thanks.Do you live in the DFW area?
Generally for TMDSAS application, you don’t need a letter from a doctor you shadowed.
You might ask friends & family in the area who their doctor is and make contacts that way.
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! Even if it’s not the answer we want, at least we know 🙂 And it’s still tuition free next year 🙂
didn’t match. i’m big sad and have no idea what else i could have done as an applicant but i suppose i’ll find out during app review session. congrats to anyone who matched!
What’s the app review session and when is it?didn’t match. i’m big sad and have no idea what else i could have done as an applicant but i suppose i’ll find out during app review session. congrats to anyone who matched!
WhataburgerKid
New Member
I'm right there with you. Just want you to know you're not alone in this process. I'm not a hugger but sending big virtual hugs your way. Happy to encourage in any way I can along the way. DM if you'd like.didn’t match. i’m big sad and have no idea what else i could have done as an applicant but i suppose i’ll find out during app review session. congrats to anyone who matched!
they said in april they’d do a info / review session for reapplicants & that there would be breakouts for going over individual appsWhat’s the app review session and when is it?
just got an email that i’m on the waitlist
Well that's good! I have yet to get onejust got an email that i’m on the waitlist
roloworld12125
New Member
Same herejust got an email that i’m on the waitlist
Also same. Didn't realize they were being sent out that fast. I saw the email before I checked my portal loljust got an email that i’m on the waitlist
WhataburgerKid
New Member
Ditto!just got an email that i’m on the waitlist
I wonder if everyone who interviewed and didn't get accepted here gets WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lordbeerus99
New Member
I didn't get the email yet 🙃I wonder if everyone who interviewed and didn't get accepted here gets WL
Collegegirl2000
Full Member
Just received the waitlist email!
D
deleted1106377
I just got the waitlist email even tho I was matched to a school I ranked higher. I'm assuming this is an error so the waitlist should be at least one person smaller. Hoping y'all hear back
I got the WL email too after matching to a higher ranked school on my list. +1 more spot open