2022-2023 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi can i also have the groupme link? :)
hey now, isn't A&M the Howdy school? ;)

Congratulations and welcome to Tyler

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
so a maximum of 4 seats open for the match… obviously people can match elsewhere and it opens more up but :/ not feeling good. i would bet that those 4 seats were prematched too they’re just not on SDN

Reactions: 2 users
So if you don’t match does that mean you’re on the waitlist? This is my first time applying… so I don’t really understand the who process lol.

So if you don’t match does that mean you’re on the waitlist? This is my first time applying… so I don’t really understand the who process lol.
If you don't match, then shortly after the match you could get an email offering you a position on the waitlist, or you could get a Post-II R. Some programs invite many people who don't match to be on their waitlist, while others are more selective, it depends on the program.

so a maximum of 4 seats open for the match… obviously people can match elsewhere and it opens more up but :/ not feeling good. i would bet that those 4 seats were prematched too they’re just not on SDN
It does seem for a decent number of prematched people that this is their only school. I will be curious how it shakes out in 2 weeks.

please y'all go watch the Match video that is linked conveniently on hte TMDSAS Guide or on numerous posts by me in The Republic of Texas or TMDSAS questions threads.
If you haven't been using all this waiting time to inform yourselves, then I can't help ya.

Reactions: 6 users
any accepted peeps rank other schools higher or was UTT your top choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh in that case you’re slacking… nah I’m joking😂that’s still mad impressive
hahaha thank you! Crazy to think I was told to prepare to reapply back in September when my app was completed late. So, I am still processing them lol :rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
It won’t change the outcome on Friday but I wish we knew how many prematched people aren’t taking their spots and how many interviewees ranked UTT #1!

I've already started preparing for an mcat retake and am logging more clinical hours.

Just curious if anyone knows how match results are given? Would we find out via a phone call like pre-match or online on TMDSAS? Also is it Friday or Saturday lol ?

Just curious if anyone knows how match results are given? Would we find out via a phone call like pre-match or online on TMDSAS? Also is it Friday or Saturday lol ?
Friday March 3 after 8 am on your TMDSAS portal, if you are a TX resident

Friday March 3 after 8 am on your TMDSAS portal, if you are a TX resident
Sir, do you have any network resources in dfw for a shadowing opportunity where I can get a letter of recommendation from a physician. I'm a non traditional and am taking a few graduate courses in biology online (TAMUC).

Sir, do you have any network resources in dfw for a shadowing opportunity where I can get a letter of recommendation from a physician. I'm a non traditional and am taking a few graduate courses in biology online (TAMUC).
Do you live in the DFW area?
Generally for TMDSAS application, you don’t need a letter from a doctor you shadowed.
You might ask friends & family in the area who their doctor is and make contacts that way.

Do you live in the DFW area?
Generally for TMDSAS application, you don’t need a letter from a doctor you shadowed.
You might ask friends & family in the area who their doctor is and make contacts that way.
I'm wanting to increase my chance. Thanks.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! Even if it’s not the answer we want, at least we know :) And it’s still tuition free next year :)

Reactions: 5 users
didn’t match. i’m big sad and have no idea what else i could have done as an applicant but i suppose i’ll find out during app review session. congrats to anyone who matched!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users
didn’t match. i’m big sad and have no idea what else i could have done as an applicant but i suppose i’ll find out during app review session. congrats to anyone who matched!
I'm right there with you. Just want you to know you're not alone in this process. I'm not a hugger but sending big virtual hugs your way. Happy to encourage in any way I can along the way. DM if you'd like.

• Love
I wonder if everyone who interviewed and didn't get accepted here gets WL

I just got the waitlist email even tho I was matched to a school I ranked higher. I'm assuming this is an error so the waitlist should be at least one person smaller. Hoping y'all hear back

I got the WL email too after matching to a higher ranked school on my list. +1 more spot open