2022-2023 UT Tyler

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y’all think they are done giving out prematches? Considering the fact the Q&A is on Wednesday.

I'm not admins nor do I know anyone on admins, but I would say so based on the fact that someone reported receiving a call. Again, take what I say with a grain of salt as I am just as in the unknown as you. Here's the post:

I'd graciously accept being wrong!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did y’all find the info session insightful? I plan on listening to it when I get home. Hopefully they send it today
 
Dr. Abrams said they absolutely take it into consideration but then Dr. Willis jumped in and said they do a blind application review where extra application documents that are sent in are not considered to keep everything equitable?
Maybe it's multiple review processes? Initial review blind, secondary review could include supplemental materials? Or a LOI could bring an app back into review after initial review?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought it was helpful if you get admitted bc it was all about the program, housing, curriculum, etc.
Awesome I’ll definitely wanna watch it before Friday then, thank you.

And it does sound like Dr. Willis is saying that a LOI does not affect admissions decisions. Tbh, I think that’s how it works at most schools.
 
Dr. Abrams said they absolutely take it into consideration but then Dr. Willis jumped in and said they do a blind application review where extra application documents that are sent in are not considered to keep everything equitable?

Maybe the don’t take it into consideration during the initial review period for pre-matches but it is considered for those on the waitlist. I was confused too, but I think it carries very little weight if at all especially before Match Day.
 
Awesome I’ll definitely wanna watch it before Friday then, thank you.

And it does sound like Dr. Willis is saying that a LOI does not affect admissions decisions. Tbh, I think that’s how it works at most schools.
That's interesting. I wonder why they accept them then if they don't affect anything
 
That's interesting. I wonder why they accept them then if they don't affect anything
Most schools accept them simply to appease neurotic premeds who would send them anyways. I obviously don’t know the extent to which they matter. It seems there was conflicting information.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad