2022-2023 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay makes sense. It seems like they have not been through January yet. I could be wrong though lol.
So the January interviewers have like 5 seats to compete for?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do y’all think they are done giving out prematches? Considering the fact the Q&A is on Wednesday.

Do y’all think they are done giving out prematches? Considering the fact the Q&A is on Wednesday.

I'm not admins nor do I know anyone on admins, but I would say so based on the fact that someone reported receiving a call. Again, take what I say with a grain of salt as I am just as in the unknown as you. Here's the post:

I'd graciously accept being wrong!

Who's going to ask tomorrow if they're done with offers?

Will this be recorded? I am stuck at work and realistically can't join till 12

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it is being recorded and distributed to anyone who registered. I got the link on Monday as well.

• Love
They confirmed that they are not done with prematch offers :) Carry on!

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't register because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it. If someone could summarize any key points after I would really appreciate it!

They just said tonight is their final meeting to vote on the last pre-match offers and tomorrow they will call the final group of students!

Reactions: 3 users
They did say that these calls are focused on students who interviewed later in the cycle, they won’t be backtracking

Last edited:
I joined for 15 minutes and they answered my question...had to get back to work.

Interesting. Here's to hoping us early interview peeps hear back on match!

I am a little confused about what they said about how they take letters of intent into consideration. Did anyone else understand what they said?

Did y’all find the info session insightful? I plan on listening to it when I get home. Hopefully they send it today

Do you remember what they said?
Dr. Abrams said they absolutely take it into consideration but then Dr. Willis jumped in and said they do a blind application review where extra application documents that are sent in are not considered to keep everything equitable?

Did y’all find the info session insightful? I plan on listening to it when I get home. Hopefully they send it today
I thought it was helpful if you get admitted bc it was all about the program, housing, curriculum, etc.

• Love
Dr. Abrams said they absolutely take it into consideration but then Dr. Willis jumped in and said they do a blind application review where extra application documents that are sent in are not considered to keep everything equitable?
Maybe it's multiple review processes? Initial review blind, secondary review could include supplemental materials? Or a LOI could bring an app back into review after initial review?

I thought it was helpful if you get admitted bc it was all about the program, housing, curriculum, etc.
Awesome I’ll definitely wanna watch it before Friday then, thank you.

And it does sound like Dr. Willis is saying that a LOI does not affect admissions decisions. Tbh, I think that’s how it works at most schools.

They did say that these calls are focused on students who interviewed later in the cycle, they won’t be backtracking
At least they’ve been fair in terms of when you interviewed not affecting admission decisions, but I still wish us early folks got the chance to hear back

Reactions: 4 users

Maybe the don’t take it into consideration during the initial review period for pre-matches but it is considered for those on the waitlist. I was confused too, but I think it carries very little weight if at all especially before Match Day.

Awesome I’ll definitely wanna watch it before Friday then, thank you.

And it does sound like Dr. Willis is saying that a LOI does not affect admissions decisions. Tbh, I think that’s how it works at most schools.
That's interesting. I wonder why they accept them then if they don't affect anything

That's interesting. I wonder why they accept them then if they don't affect anything
Most schools accept them simply to appease neurotic premeds who would send them anyways. I obviously don’t know the extent to which they matter. It seems there was conflicting information.

On the status page should it say interviewed or transmitted to school?
That shouldn't change. It should still say "transmitted to school". Only thing you should see is that it appears on your rank list

can’t tell if it’s unexpected silence or if EVERYONE is just not on SDN who got called haha