-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
has anyone gotten invites for the 1/18 or 1/19 days?
letmeinnnnnn120
New Member
Hoping this Friday is going to be their big wave of acceptances!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
hey guys! sorry to ask multiple times, does any one know if the Jan. 18th and 19th interview slots are filled?
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
I love infectious disease research which is why UTMB is one of my top choices. I just got notified that my COVID-19 paper was accepted at Emerging Infectious Diseases. I want to send an update letter or LOI (I also finished my undergrad with honors and got BSL3 certified), but someone told me it's too late and they probably already ranked me so it wont make much of a difference? Should I sent one anyway? I have a lot of things to add to it a lot has happened since I interviewed in September.
Yes send it!I love infectious disease research which is why UTMB is one of my top choices. I just got notified that my COVID-19 paper was accepted at Emerging Infectious Diseases. I want to send an update letter or LOI (I also finished my undergrad with honors and got BSL3 certified), but someone told me it's too late and they probably already ranked me so it wont make much of a difference? Should I sent one anyway? I have a lot of things to add to it a lot has happened since I interviewed in September.
Love letter writing is considered an art. Write as often as you want as long as you can find new things to say about the recipient or yourself.I love infectious disease research which is why UTMB is one of my top choices. I just got notified that my COVID-19 paper was accepted at Emerging Infectious Diseases. I want to send an update letter or LOI (I also finished my undergrad with honors and got BSL3 certified), but someone told me it's too late and they probably already ranked me so it wont make much of a difference? Should I sent one anyway? I have a lot of things to add to it a lot has happened since I interviewed in September.
SquirrelyStudent
Full Member
How did you end up dressing?Anyone else going to the virtual tow hall today? Are they meant to be formal? Like should I dress up?
It’s a webinar so none of the hosts can see the guest and guests can’t see the other guests!How did you end up dressing?
commonlurker
Full Member
What would you guys recommend wearing for the campus tour?
Ronayno2000
Full Member
I just dressed up casually with jeans and a turtleneck. There were some people wearing suits and such, but they are super laid back. One of the students even told me not to worry because of their beach cultureWhat would you guys recommend wearing for the campus tour?
what makes you think this friday?Hoping this Friday is going to be their big wave of acceptances!
pre II R today... guess 4.0 and 517 isnt good enough :'(
q1 casper gang rise up
q1 casper gang rise up
beepboop39
Full Member
+1Pre-II R, was kinda anticipating this one but it still stung, holding onto hope for my II’s to turn into an A At this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopingbutnotexpecting
Full Member
Pre-II R, 3.6uGPA 3.9 SMP, 512 mcat
+1Pre-II R!
You have not applied OOS?Pre-II R!
Correct, I only applied TMDSAS.You have not applied OOS?
That’s all you needed, @auyftiv ☺️Correct, I only applied TMDSAS.
The COA for an OOS school, the time/effort of filling out an AMCAS application, and the yield of applying OOS as a TX resident just made it not worth it to me. Why pay 2-3x the cost when Texas alone has two of the top 25 medical schools in the nation?That’s all you needed, @auyftiv ☺️
SquirrelyStudent
Full Member
Around what time have pre-match offers historically been sent out, does anyone know?
How many pre-matches does UTMB send out? I am trying to figure out my chances for a recruitment scholarship.
People generally think it's in excess of 150 offers.How many pre-matches does UTMB send out? I am trying to figure out my chances for a recruitment scholarship.
Sometimes it can be cheaper if people get a free tuition scholarship which some schools have unless one is qualified for financial aid at a school that fully meets the need. NYU is free tuition for all so everyone seems to apply or give it a shot if they have your stats.The COA for an OOS school, the time/effort of filling out an AMCAS application, and the yield of applying OOS as a TX resident just made it not worth it to me. Why pay 2-3x the cost when Texas alone has two of the top 25 medical schools in the nation?
letmeinnnnnn120
New Member
They've been sending them out every month and tomorrow marks 4 weeks since their last wave but it's all speculation :/what makes you think this friday?
What are the chances of matching since I did not get a prematch? I have heard UTMB and UTSW are historically pre-match heavy. Also, do letters of intent matter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard that letters of intent do matter!What are the chances of matching since I did not get a prematch? I have heard UTMB and UTSW are historically pre-match heavy. Also, do letters of intent matter?
How have y’all submitted letter of intent?
public_lemon
Full Member
Can anyone shed some light on recruitment scholarships? I tried looking on their website and checking back on emails they've sent but found very little about them... (OOS)
i emailed the general admissions email asking them to add my loi to my file and it was uploaded to the amp portal!How have y’all submitted letter of intent?
praying!Hoping this Friday is going to be their big wave of acceptances!
Ronayno2000
Full Member
is there still hope that it is today?
Indeed, there is! rooting for you all!is there still hope that it is today?
Rooting for your first A so hard!! I saw the Vermont interview news as well. You got this!!My stomach is in knots. I'm genuinely wishing ya'll the best of luck!
medicineandbooks
Full Member
I am guessing we should now be hoping for next friday? I feel like 5 is kind of late for prematches 😕
SquirrelyStudent
Full Member
Have they ever released prematches on a day other than friday?
All IIs going out and prematches (or acceptances for OOS) have been on Fridays. We have two more Fridays before the Jan 30th deadline.Have they ever released prematches on a day other than friday?
Also, there is no way of knowing if UTMB will even make more prematches. Tons and tons of people match without any prematches
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
do people get post-II rejections from utmb?
There have been some this yeardo people get post-II rejections from utmb?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
See this post on the same question by a current UTMB student #779Can a current medical student from utmb comment if u elect Houston hospitals to do your clinical rotations which hospitals are u assigned and can't do all rotations at one hospital
Last year there was a wave the Tuesday after MLK day.Have they ever released prematches on a day other than friday?
So cool you can point to post numbers and not tell the people, "dont be lazy, read the whole thread!".See this post on the same question by a current UTMB student #779
anyone had any experiences with the campus preview day that you thought were contributory to being accepted? Debating still whether to buy a ticket and fly in from OOS
SquirrelyStudent
Full Member
Does anyone know around what time prematches usually get sent out? Or if it is usually random?