-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey @beachcowboy when did you hear about your acceptance?Is there an accepted students groupchat or facebook group or anything like that? would love to connect 🙂
Likewise would love to know. But I’m assuming that won’t happen until after match dayIs there an accepted students groupchat or facebook group or anything like that? would love to connect 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beachcowboy
Full Member
Hey @beachcowboy when did you hear about your acceptance?
Hi, sorry my question was a very late! lol I got my acceptance way back on 10/21Likewise would love to know. But I’m assuming that won’t happen until after match day
trikthekidney
Full Member
I prematched before going to the campus preview day. They did not jot down any names, nor was there really a way to sell yourself. There was just an attendance sheet, and over 50 students per session. Not worth the flight IMO.anyone had any experiences with the campus preview day that you thought were contributory to being accepted? Debating still whether to buy a ticket and fly in from OOS
What did the day consist of? Also, are signifiant others allowed?I prematched before going to the campus preview day. They did not jot down any names, nor was there really a way to sell yourself. There was just an attendance sheet, and over 50 students per session. Not worth the flight IMO.
trikthekidney
Full Member
Basically what any interview day consists of, but in person. Presentations, Q&A with a student panel (no faculty), followed by a Q&A with faculty, and then they split up into 10 groups of ~5-6 students for a tour of the campus, led by MS2s. Lots of walking in a humid environment (because it's next to the beach). No guests are allowed, they're very strict with that and will remind people several times. A light breakfast included and a pretty mid goodie bag as well. It was only like 2-3 hours long i think.What did the day consist of? Also, are signifiant others allowed?
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
As a disabled person I do feel compelled to let any other disabled folks know that the campus tour was a little rough. I dont mind lots of walking (I do 5Ks) but my tour guide was running late, like way way way late, and so he was powerwalking/speeding across campus constantly leaving me behind. I feel like I missed a significant portion of the tour because by the time I got there he was fast talking through what he needed to say and I missed most of it. It made me feel very bad about myself. I didn't get too many opportunities to ask questions either because as I got there they were getting ready to go to the next spot. It was supposed to be a one hour tour and turned into two hours we didn't finish until about 2:15 or so. I dont know if that was just my personal tour guide, but I know at least one other disabled person who was interested in doing the preview session and then after I told her what happened she decided against going.
I'm sorry this was the way it happened for you on your tour.As a disabled person I do feel compelled to let any other disabled folks know that the campus tour was a little rough. I dont mind lots of walking (I do 5Ks) but my tour guide was running late, like way way way late, and so he was powerwalking/speeding across campus constantly leaving me behind. I feel like I missed a significant portion of the tour because by the time I got there he was fast talking through what he needed to say and I missed most of it. It made me feel very bad about myself. I didn't get too many opportunities to ask questions either because as I got there they were getting ready to go to the next spot. It was supposed to be a one hour tour and turned into two hours we didn't finish until about 2:15 or so. I dont know if that was just my personal tour guide, but I know at least one other disabled person who was interested in doing the preview session and then after I told her what happened she decided against going.
I don't know if you have had other Texas interviews as well, but the size of the campus and the availability of close-by parking or public transportation should probably play a big part in your school rank choices.
UTMB parking areas require some walking as does the campus setup in general.
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
I dont mind walking long distances because I can do 5Ks. What I had an issue with was the tour guide leaving me behind.I'm sorry this was the way it happened for you on your tour.
I don't know if you have had other Texas interviews as well, but the size of the campus and the availability of close-by parking or public transportation should probably play a big part in your school rank choices.
UTMB parking areas require some walking as does the campus setup in general.
Edit: I dont need people to care react or feel bad for me. It was just an fyi for other disabled folks to have as much information as possible.
letmeinnnnnn120
New Member
Y'all think we're gonna get another wave tomorrow?
They interviewed the last round of candidates yesterday and today so I wouldn’t bet on it (would love to speculate incorrectly). I would guess next Friday is when the last wave of prematches are and when the recruitment scholarships go out (again this is SPECULATION based on when the last interview days are)Y'all think we're gonna get another wave tomorrow?
anyone hear about scholarships yet? just curious as we’re approaching that Jan 31st date
Nada. Patiently waiting, lol. They're pushing that 1/30 date to the limit, ain't they?anyone hear about scholarships yet? just curious as we’re approaching that Jan 31st date
I must be special bc they sent me a post II "your application is no longer under consideration" email sometime in OctoberThere wont be any rejections before match for interviewed people. all the prematches means they found candidates they are ready to admit now but fill the rest of the class based on how the other interviewees as time progresses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ik that some schools have like cutoff interview date to be considered for a pre match does this school have 1?They interviewed the last round of candidates yesterday and today so I wouldn’t bet on it (would love to speculate incorrectly). I would guess next Friday is when the last wave of prematches are and when the recruitment scholarships go out (again this is SPECULATION based on when the last interview days are)
We’re not privy to the inner workings of the committees, but you all have the chance to match on match dayIk that some schools have like cutoff interview date to be considered for a pre match does this school have 1?
We thinking prematches today??
SquirrelyStudent
Full Member
Prematched!
medicineandbooks
Full Member
Prematch received just now. Literally so greatful and in shock.
Ronayno2000
Full Member
congrats everyone! Do they send all of them at once?
I am not sure about this school specifically, but I know for some other schools they usually send them over the course of a few hours.congrats everyone! Do they send all of them at once?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
Prematched!
congrats everyone! when did you interview?Prematch received just now. Literally so greatful and in shock.
1/11congrats everyone! when did you interview?
SquirrelyStudent
Full Member
Does accepting this offer in the AMP portal bar us from accepting an offer further down the line from another school? It says we must accept within 2 weeks of receiving it.
#AGTG Prematched!!
No it is nonbinding and you can accept any/all prematch offersDoes accepting this offer in the AMP portal bar us from accepting an offer further down the line from another school? It says we must accept within 2 weeks of receiving it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SquirrelyStudent
Full Member
I interviewed 12/16!congrats everyone! when did you interview?
PlzLetmeIn12
New Member
Anyone OOS receive an offer?
Did anyone get any recruitment scholarships today?
pugsygirl17
Full Member
Nothing hereDid anyone get any recruitment scholarships today?
Congrats to the prematches!!
They still acting stingy lolDid anyone get any recruitment scholarships today?
medschoolbae123
New Member
Me too!Prematched!
Prematched!🙏🏼 Congrats to everyone🙂
Interviewed 12/01
Interviewed 12/01
God took 6 days to create the world. UTMB cant do everything on the same day. 🙂They still acting stingy lol
It’s easier said than done, but I completely agree. And it’s not over till it’s over so I have faith match day will be fruitful for many!Congrats to the homies who prematched!
for future applicants reading this thread.
don’t track prematches! It doesn’t make the wait easier - just learned this hard lesson myself.
take care ❤️
100% I know it’s hard not too but doing this made my waiting experience awful I wish I spent more time enjoying and relaxing instead of worrying about stuff out of my control I know it’s hard just focus on urself and ur mental and physical health yall 💗💗Congrats to the homies who prematched!
for future applicants reading this thread.
don’t track prematches! It doesn’t make the wait easier - just learned this hard lesson myself.
take care ❤️
Best of luck to everyone and congrats to everyone who has gotten in this far!
Me on January 30thGod took 6 days to create the world. UTMB cant do everything on the same day. 🙂
How many offers are you trying to collect anyhow? 🤔🤔Me on January 30th
![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@randompremed457 I have lost track. Are you looking for me here or admission?How many offers are you trying to collect anyhow? 🤔🤔
Not sure if I’m misreading this but: currently holding 3 acceptances, one of which being UTMB. No scholarships@randompremed457 I have lost track. Are you looking for me here or admission?
I'm not dissing you, @randompremed457, but I am always puzzled when getting an acceptance does not seem to lessen an applicant's anxiety in the least. Having achieved that goal, can't you let yourself stop worrying ?Not sure if I’m misreading this but: currently holding 3 acceptances, one of which being UTMB. No scholarships
Gosh if it only were as simply as stopping worrying haha 🤣I'm not dissing you, @randompremed457, but I am always puzzled when getting an acceptance does not seem to lessen an applicant's anxiety in the least. Having achieved that goal, can't you let yourself stop worrying ?
I know for me, the financial piece is important in my ranking, and I am definitely anxiously awaiting UTMB's offer to see how I panic rearrange my rankings.