You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
Same.Interviewed last week and got the hold email today
HalfManHalfShark
Full Member
IS II, at 9:00 am. Complete 7/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II. Complete 7/14
sdoh_junkie
LM: 68 WARS: 76
+1 IS II, Complete 07/22/2022. Super excited as it's my first II and top choice! 3.8 cGPA, 508 MCAT.
Any advice from those who have already interviewed would be much appreciated!
Any advice from those who have already interviewed would be much appreciated!
AHHHH II RECEIVED!! CA ORM LM 70 2nd quartile Casper honestly shocked didn’t think an east coast school would give a CA applicant attention lol, complete 7/18!
Last edited:
Congrats everyone!! It seems like they sent IIs to July apps today? Has anyone with Aug complete date receive one?
showkayaker
Full Member
Me too 🥴🥴Ahhh I hope to get an II soon! Complete 7/19 and VCU is my top choice 😭
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
Same here, IS and desperate to get an II!Me too 🥴🥴
OOS II received! 71 LM, ORM, and complete in mid July. Good luck to the other applicants!
The interview was not stressful, the interviewers are super nice and clearly just want to have a conversation with you. Practice by talking out loud as much as possible so you can work on not saying um or stumbling over your words a ton. I also recommend the MMI tips book by Desai, it really helped me understand how to frame my answers well for those MMI questions. Good luck to everyone that got II's today!!+1 IS II, Complete 07/22/2022. Super excited as it's my first II and top choice! 3.8 cGPA, 508 MCAT.
Any advice from those who have already interviewed would be much appreciated!
showkayaker
Full Member
just wondering, have you had other MMIs outside of this one? I read the desai book and felt my actual MMIs I attended were not similar to that typical ethical typeThe interview was not stressful, the interviewers are super nice and clearly just want to have a conversation with you. Practice by talking out loud as much as possible so you can work on not saying um or stumbling over your words a ton. I also recommend the MMI tips book by Desai, it really helped me understand how to frame my answers well for those MMI questions. Good luck to everyone that got II's today!!
I applied ED, so I only had this one interview. However, I did attend 2 mock interviews to practice and I thought the Desai book gave me a really good framework to build off of. Granted, VCU is more conversation as opposed to other schools that have stations, but I think this book really helped me understand how to formulate my responses effectively.just wondering, have you had other MMIs outside of this one? I read the desai book and felt my actual MMIs I attended were not similar to that typical ethical type
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
buzzbuzzbee07
Full Member
II received on 09/20 URM OOS 69LM! First interview - extremely excited but super nervous about the MMI style. Has anyone who has already interviewed have tips on how to go about answering the MMI questions? I would get the Desai book but I live in SWFL and not sure when Amazon will be back up and running to deliver given the recent hurricane. Also does each interviewer at each station ask a traditional style question?
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
Only the first question was more traditional. The others were situational based. I introduced myself, and then each interviewer told me it was ok to begin answering right away. I answered and then they gave some follow up questions or tweaked the scenario. Time FLEW in these sessions. I had my sister and husband practice a few MMI questions (just google some) the weekend before to ensure I was comfortable, but overall just be yourself and think out loud. Good luck and I hope you are staying safe in FL.II received on 09/20 URM OOS 69LM! First interview - extremely excited but super nervous about the MMI style. Has anyone who has already interviewed have tips on how to go about answering the MMI questions? I would get the Desai book but I live in SWFL and not sure when Amazon will be back up and running to deliver given the recent hurricane. Also does each interviewer at each station ask a traditional style question?
Do we think that people who interview the week of October 11th will have a decision on the 16th?
I remember looking at previous threads and they said they try to have a decision for everyone who interviewed before the 16thDo we think that people who interview the week of October 11th will have a decision on the 16th?
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
They told us that the committee reviews everyone the following Monday after their interview with an A, on hold for another look, or R.Do we think that people who interview the week of October 11th will have a decision on the 16th?
HalfManHalfShark
Full Member
Do they hand out the As the following Monday or do they just decide then wait for the 16th to send out emails? Has any regular decision person gotten an A so far?They told us that the committee reviews everyone the following Monday after their interview with an A, on hold for another look, or R.
showkayaker
Full Member
They have 3 decision dates throughout the cycle, Oct, Dec and one more I forgot. They release only on those dates as far as I am awareDo they hand out the As the following Monday or do they just decide then wait for the 16th to send out emails? Has any regular decision person gotten an A so far?
student306
Full Member
no regular decision As can come out until the first business day after Oct 15 anywhereDo they hand out the As the following Monday or do they just decide then wait for the 16th to send out emails? Has any regular decision person gotten an A so far?
showkayaker
Full Member
Vcu does it differently tho, Future Applicants VCU School of Medicine look at “admissions timeline”no regular decision As can come out until the first business day after Oct 15 anywhere
some schools actually will be giving decisions on the 15thno regular decision As can come out until the first business day after Oct 15 anywhere
student306
Full Member
this could not be updated from last year where the first business day after the 15th was the 16thVcu does it differently tho, Future Applicants VCU School of Medicine look at “admissions timeline”
showkayaker
Full Member
Right, idk what date they will be specifically releasing the first round of decisions on but they don’t release sporadically throughout the cycle, its the 4 set dates - which is what I was trying to get atthis could not be updated from last year where the first business day after the 15th was the 16th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This might be copium but it does say that "Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March." Does this mean we won't straight up get rejected and we can only be put on the alternate list or accepted?
I received an email titled "Hold After Selection Committee." I understand that from the interview day, they said they meet the Monday after the interviews to make a decision. Does everyone receive this hold since it is before October 17th, or was I placed on "hold" in the traditional sense? The email makes it seem like everyone gets a hold since the RD decisions cannot be released yet
10/11ers, look forward to seeing y'all tomorrow!
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
I think it is because they only send out As 4x during the cycle. Oct. 17th being the first. If you remain on hold after that with no R, then it is in the traditional sense. Good luck!I received an email titled "Hold After Selection Committee." I understand that from the interview day, they said they meet the Monday after the interviews to make a decision. Does everyone receive this hold since it is before October 17th, or was I placed on "hold" in the traditional sense? The email makes it seem like everyone gets a hold since the RD decisions cannot be released yet
Just finished the mmi! felt very conversational and relaxed, good luck to you all~
So I interviewed on Thursday the 22nd, was voted on Monday the 26th and was also sent my acceptance on the 26th so it’s definitely possible you’ll be considered for the October 16th/October17th offer date.Do we think that people who interview the week of October 11th will have a decision on the 16th?
sdoh_junkie
LM: 68 WARS: 76
You know you’re obsessed when you keep checking your email hoping for an update/A even though you know 1) committee won’t review your interview until Monday and 2) you know they won’t go out before Monday lol.
Anyone else? 😅😬
Anyone else? 😅😬
The fact that those of us who interviewed this week will still know on Monday...that's terrifying!!
DO_medschoolistiring
New Member
I am not able to add my secondary application essays. I selected the bubble questions on the general info page but wrote my essays on a word doc and when I went to post them it says " this page has closed" and does not let me input anything. I am still within the 60 days from when I received my secondary and the deadline has not passed yet so I'm not sure what happened? has anyone else experienced this? I sent them an email just now and waiting to hear back.
Same here. Glad I'm not the only oneI am not able to add my secondary application essays. I selected the bubble questions on the general info page but wrote my essays on a word doc and when I went to post them it says " this page has closed" and does not let me input anything. I am still within the 60 days from when I received my secondary and the deadline has not passed yet so I'm not sure what happened? has anyone else experienced this? I sent them an email just now and waiting to hear back.
When the moon strikes past the winds ever gazedoes anyone know approx what time admissions decisions will be released tmrw
does anyone know approx what time admissions decisions will be released tmrw
Last year and the year before the official announcements were 6pm. “Tabs” showed earlier for people last year, anywhere from noon to 4pm for folks it seems. Different website this year for the secondaries, so I’m not sure if tabs would show in the same way?
Good luck today guys!! This is what happened the day I got my A a few weeks ago, hope this helps.For everyone that's wondering about if "tabs" show up in the portal like previous years threads say: I didn't get an email about changes to my portal or anything, I just got an email from VCU directly. However, when I logged into the portal to pay my deposit, there was an "Admission Decision" tab on the left side. I don't see tabs that say VCU Information, In-State Eligibility, etc. which I saw people had gotten in past years. Hope this helps and good luck everyone!!
sdoh_junkie
LM: 68 WARS: 76
During last weeks interviews they said that they would be voting on the weeks interviewees Monday afternoon before decisions are sent out.does anyone know approx what time admissions decisions will be released tmrw
That leads me to believe that it certainly won’t be before 1-2 pm today, if that helps at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I got mine just after 4pm ESTDuring last weeks interviews they said that they would be voting on the weeks interviewees Monday afternoon before decisions are sent out.
That leads me to believe that it certainly won’t be before 1-2 pm today, if that helps at all.
D
deleted1146997
Has anyone heard from them yet today?
Just got placed on hold
sdoh_junkie
LM: 68 WARS: 76
Just received the hold email.
Capttndoodlebopper
Full Member
I have received nothing received a hold like 3 weeks ago interviews early September