You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Washington State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1148534
Has anyone heard any updates so far? Feeling so nervous!
Since WSU starts notifying applicants that they are waitlisted in March and someone that perviously posted about getting a II said the earliest they could schedule a II was in the month of January, perhaps there are not much IIs to go around anymore?Hoping for II this week 🙏
If people do get rejected, they do offer an application review session but they only do this service once.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No updates so far email wise and in my portal it says “Your application is under consideration”. I am nervous as well as all I want to be is a small town doctor for my hometown and home county and we already have a hard time recruiting doctors to the area as it is.Has anyone heard any updates so far? Feeling so nervous!
D
deleted1148534
Completely agree! Let’s hope for good news this week.No updates so far email wise and in my portal it says “Your application is under consideration”. I am nervous as well as all I want to be is a small town doctor for my hometown and home county and we already have a hard time recruiting doctors to the area as it is.
Well since I interviewed October 17th, I don’t expect to hear back in the next few weeks. Good luck to you though.Completely agree! Let’s hope for good news this week.
premedbakery
Full Member
Got a call today to schedule a Zoom with the dean. Going from last years thread…that’s good news…right?
Yea that is an AGot a call today to schedule a Zoom with the dean. Going from last years thread…that’s good news…right?
D
deleted1148534
Congrats!! When did they call?Got a call today to schedule a Zoom with the dean. Going from last years thread…that’s good news…right?
premedbakery
Full Member
Thanks!! About 1 hour agoCongrats!! When did they call?
Congratulations future doc!!!Thanks!! About 1 hour ago
premedbakery
Full Member
Thank you 🥹 I’m in disbeliefCongratulations future doc!!!
tornado6565
Full Member
Got a call for a Zoom meeting as well! Should I be scared, y’all? 😬😬Got a call today to schedule a Zoom with the dean. Going from last years thread…that’s good news…right?
Yay!!!! Congratulations 🙂Got a call for a Zoom meeting as well! Should I be scared, y’all? 😬😬
premedbakery
Full Member
Congratulations future doctor!!Got a call for a Zoom meeting as well! Should I be scared, y’all? 😬😬
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tornado6565
Full Member
Yay!!!! Congratulations 🙂
Thank you, y’all!!! I hope it’s a good news. Hopefully they don’t do WL over Zoom or else I’m gonna be really stressed 😫Congratulations future doctor!!
But if it’s a good news, I hope yours coming soon too!!! ☺️
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
What number did they call from? The one from interview day? I don’t really know what caller ID to look for lolThank you, y’all!!! I hope it’s a good news. Hopefully they don’t do WL over Zoom or else I’m gonna be really stressed 😫
But if it’s a good news, I hope yours coming soon too!!! ☺️
Yes it is good news. Congrats future doc!Got a call today to schedule a Zoom with the dean. Going from last years thread…that’s good news…right?

Yes be very scared. They are going to take you to a late Halloween haunted house. In all seriousness, congrats on getting accepted into medical school!Got a call for a Zoom meeting as well! Should I be scared, y’all? 😬😬

premedbakery
Full Member
This comment made me laugh 😆Yes be very scared. They are going to take you to a late Halloween haunted house. In all seriousness, congrats on getting accepted into medical school!![]()
tornado6565
Full Member
It's not the number from the interview day but it's a Spokane area code.What number did they call from? The one from interview day? I don’t really know what caller ID to look for lol
tornado6565
Full Member
Thank you, BucketDoctor!!! Your time will come soon too!!!! 🥳🥳Yes be very scared. They are going to take you to a late Halloween haunted house. In all seriousness, congrats on getting accepted into medical school!![]()
Fun fact. The 509 area code includes most of eastern Washington including Brewster, Okanogan, Omak, Tonasket, Grand Coulee, Davenport, and Spokane.It's not the number from the interview day but it's a Spokane area code.
I also have a question for the people that were accepted or waitlisted. Did you guys receive a email shortly after the admissions committee finished reviewing your application for an admissions decision?
premedbakery
Full Member
I believe so, yes. I got an email basically saying “we said we’d update you after the admissions committee meeting in which your application was discussed. Here is that update.” They explained the possible admissions decisions and mine was “eligible.” The other options were to be waitlisted or denied. I got that email about 2 weeks ago.I also have a question for the people that were accepted or waitlisted. Did you guys receive a email shortly after the admissions committee finished reviewing your application for an admissions decision?
tornado6565
Full Member
I did not get this which I think may be because I interviewed later on.I believe so, yes. I got an email basically saying “we said we’d update you after the admissions committee meeting in which your application was discussed. Here is that update.” They explained the possible admissions decisions and mine was “eligible.” The other options were to be waitlisted or denied. I got that email about 2 weeks ago.
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
My status is “eligible” too. I interviewed 8/22. I’m so anxious hoping for a call 🥲I believe so, yes. I got an email basically saying “we said we’d update you after the admissions committee meeting in which your application was discussed. Here is that update.” They explained the possible admissions decisions and mine was “eligible.” The other options were to be waitlisted or denied. I got that email about 2 weeks ago.
Any thoughts on if they continue to call applicants for a few days each month or if they batch call one day a month?
Okay thanks. I do remember them saying something about that. I guess I will keep looking out for that email.I believe so, yes. I got an email basically saying “we said we’d update you after the admissions committee meeting in which your application was discussed. Here is that update.” They explained the possible admissions decisions and mine was “eligible.” The other options were to be waitlisted or denied. I got that email about 2 weeks ago.
I believe they batch call on one day a month but since I am not a fly on the wall at those admissions committee meetings, this is just the musings of a wannabe fly on the wall.My status is “eligible” too. I interviewed 8/22. I’m so anxious hoping for a call 🥲
Any thoughts on if they continue to call applicants for a few days each month or if they batch call one day a month?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
I saw based on last year's thread, that they send an email once all offers have been given for each month, right?
I think in pervious years, they had sent out some updates via email throughout the cycle but I believe the new email system of eligible, waitlist, and denial is new to this year. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.I saw based on last year's thread, that they send an email once all offers have been given for each month, right?
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
Agreed, they mentioned on interview day that the system of E/W/R is new. But I was just unsure if they'd send communication if they're done accepting people for the month. I am still being neurotic and hoping for my phone to ring LOLI think in pervious years, they had sent out some updates via email throughout the cycle but I believe the new email system of eligible, waitlist, and denial is new to this year. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Trust me, it is much worse if you live in a 509 area code (like myself)Agreed, they mentioned on interview day that the system of E/W/R is new. But I was just unsure if they'd send communication if they're done accepting people for the month. I am still being neurotic and hoping for my phone to ring LOL

FutureDocPlease
Full Member
Ommmg I bet.Trust me, it is much worse if you live in a 509 area code (like myself)![]()
D
deleted1148534
Me too lol. Got so sad yesterday when I realized I wasn’t getting the call! Hope it’s still in the books in the future 🤞🏽🥲Agreed, they mentioned on interview day that the system of E/W/R is new. But I was just unsure if they'd send communication if they're done accepting people for the month. I am still being neurotic and hoping for my phone to ring LOL
tornado6565
Full Member
They want robo_cat to join their forces 😅I answered a “potential spam” call yesterday and I was SO SURE it had to be wsu
It was a robocall scammer
D
deleted1148534
SAME. An “unknown” call. Ended up being an Amazon scam 😡I answered a “potential spam” call yesterday and I was SO SURE it had to be wsu
It was a robocall scammer
When did you interview in October? I interviewed on the 17th and didn't get any email. It's probably still too early, but I was just curious.Got the "eligible" status email this morning. Interviewed in Oct.
I have not received an email yet and I also interviewed on October 17th. It still says “your application is under consideration” in my portalWhen did you interview in October? I interviewed on the 17th and didn't get any email. It's probably still too early, but I was just curious.
where II 😭
premedbakery
Full Member
Has anyone else had their dean call? It was so nerve wracking, I felt so awkward haha. But like everyone else was saying, it's definitely good news 🙂
tornado6565
Full Member
WOW! I thought it was a group congratulation but it was personalized. I feel so honored!Has anyone else had their dean call? It was so nerve wracking, I felt so awkward haha. But like everyone else was saying, it's definitely good news 🙂
premedbakery
Full Member
I know right! For some reason I thought it was going to be some sort of recorded presentation/welcome. When the dean commented on so many parts of my application it made her welcome feel extremely personal (in a good way). I felt so honored as well. So excited to attend here.WOW! I thought it was a group congratulation but it was personalized. I feel so honored!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question. What would it mean to you to get accepted into medical school?
For me, it would mean that my hometown and my home county would be able to get a doctor to practice there in 7 - 10 years from now. It would mean that I would be able to serve Hispanic patient populations and be able to speak to them in their native language and better understand their culture and the challenges that they may face. It would mean that I understand that people from my home county may not have access to adequate transportation services to go to their doctor’s appointments and I would refer them to the transportation organization called People for People as they have assisted me getting me to doctors appointments in Wenatchee, Spokane, and Seattle. That is what it would mean to me and my community.
For me, it would mean that my hometown and my home county would be able to get a doctor to practice there in 7 - 10 years from now. It would mean that I would be able to serve Hispanic patient populations and be able to speak to them in their native language and better understand their culture and the challenges that they may face. It would mean that I understand that people from my home county may not have access to adequate transportation services to go to their doctor’s appointments and I would refer them to the transportation organization called People for People as they have assisted me getting me to doctors appointments in Wenatchee, Spokane, and Seattle. That is what it would mean to me and my community.
I would still be working on my application just in case I don’t get into medical school this cycle and I need to apply. I assume that I won’t get into medical school this year and I am working on improving my application for next cycle.where II 😭
AggravatingToe
Full Member
low-key same. I have kind of resigned myself to reapplying. I know its still early, but I just don't feel great about it anymore. We got this! This year or next!I would still be working on my application just in case I don’t get into medical school this cycle and I need to apply. I assume that I won’t get into medical school this year and I am working on improving my application for next cycle.
I am getting hammered by a bunch of snowfall today and possibly tomorrow. If you guys need to venture outside in your car, then just try to stay safe and try to drive slowly.
For anyone who has interviewed, do they ask follow up questions for the MMI part? Like if you give your response and still have time left do they prompt you or no?
Thanks!
Thanks!