2022-2023 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping for II this week šŸ™

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard any updates so far? Feeling so nervous!

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping for II this week šŸ™
Since WSU starts notifying applicants that they are waitlisted in March and someone that perviously posted about getting a II said the earliest they could schedule a II was in the month of January, perhaps there are not much IIs to go around anymore?

If people do get rejected, they do offer an application review session but they only do this service once.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard any updates so far? Feeling so nervous!
No updates so far email wise and in my portal it says ā€œYour application is under considerationā€. I am nervous as well as all I want to be is a small town doctor for my hometown and home county and we already have a hard time recruiting doctors to the area as it is.

No updates so far email wise and in my portal it says ā€œYour application is under considerationā€. I am nervous as well as all I want to be is a small town doctor for my hometown and home county and we already have a hard time recruiting doctors to the area as it is.
Completely agree! Letā€™s hope for good news this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call today to schedule a Zoom with the dean. Going from last years threadā€¦thatā€™s good newsā€¦right?

Reactions: 8 users
Got a call today to schedule a Zoom with the dean. Going from last years threadā€¦thatā€™s good newsā€¦right?
Got a call for a Zoom meeting as well! Should I be scared, yā€™all? šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, yā€™all!!! I hope itā€™s a good news. Hopefully they donā€™t do WL over Zoom or else Iā€™m gonna be really stressed šŸ˜«

But if itā€™s a good news, I hope yours coming soon too!!! ā˜ŗļø
What number did they call from? The one from interview day? I donā€™t really know what caller ID to look for lol

Got a call for a Zoom meeting as well! Should I be scared, yā€™all? šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬
Yes be very scared. They are going to take you to a late Halloween haunted house. In all seriousness, congrats on getting accepted into medical school! :banana:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Yes be very scared. They are going to take you to a late Halloween haunted house. In all seriousness, congrats on getting accepted into medical school! :banana:
Thank you, BucketDoctor!!! Your time will come soon too!!!! šŸ„³šŸ„³

It's not the number from the interview day but it's a Spokane area code.
Fun fact. The 509 area code includes most of eastern Washington including Brewster, Okanogan, Omak, Tonasket, Grand Coulee, Davenport, and Spokane.

I also have a question for the people that were accepted or waitlisted. Did you guys receive a email shortly after the admissions committee finished reviewing your application for an admissions decision?

I also have a question for the people that were accepted or waitlisted. Did you guys receive a email shortly after the admissions committee finished reviewing your application for an admissions decision?
I believe so, yes. I got an email basically saying ā€œwe said weā€™d update you after the admissions committee meeting in which your application was discussed. Here is that update.ā€ They explained the possible admissions decisions and mine was ā€œeligible.ā€ The other options were to be waitlisted or denied. I got that email about 2 weeks ago.

I believe so, yes. I got an email basically saying ā€œwe said weā€™d update you after the admissions committee meeting in which your application was discussed. Here is that update.ā€ They explained the possible admissions decisions and mine was ā€œeligible.ā€ The other options were to be waitlisted or denied. I got that email about 2 weeks ago.
I did not get this which I think may be because I interviewed later on.

My status is ā€œeligibleā€ too. I interviewed 8/22. Iā€™m so anxious hoping for a call šŸ„²

Any thoughts on if they continue to call applicants for a few days each month or if they batch call one day a month?

Okay thanks. I do remember them saying something about that. I guess I will keep looking out for that email.

My status is ā€œeligibleā€ too. I interviewed 8/22. Iā€™m so anxious hoping for a call šŸ„²

Any thoughts on if they continue to call applicants for a few days each month or if they batch call one day a month?
I believe they batch call on one day a month but since I am not a fly on the wall at those admissions committee meetings, this is just the musings of a wannabe fly on the wall.

Got the "eligible" status email this morning. Interviewed in Oct.

Reactions: 5 users
I saw based on last year's thread, that they send an email once all offers have been given for each month, right?

I saw based on last year's thread, that they send an email once all offers have been given for each month, right?
I think in pervious years, they had sent out some updates via email throughout the cycle but I believe the new email system of eligible, waitlist, and denial is new to this year. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I think in pervious years, they had sent out some updates via email throughout the cycle but I believe the new email system of eligible, waitlist, and denial is new to this year. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Agreed, they mentioned on interview day that the system of E/W/R is new. But I was just unsure if they'd send communication if they're done accepting people for the month. I am still being neurotic and hoping for my phone to ring LOL

• Care
Agreed, they mentioned on interview day that the system of E/W/R is new. But I was just unsure if they'd send communication if they're done accepting people for the month. I am still being neurotic and hoping for my phone to ring LOL
Trust me, it is much worse if you live in a 509 area code (like myself) :laugh:

Me too lol. Got so sad yesterday when I realized I wasnā€™t getting the call! Hope itā€™s still in the books in the future šŸ¤žšŸ½šŸ„²

I answered a ā€œpotential spamā€ call yesterday and I was SO SURE it had to be wsu

It was a robocall scammer

I answered a ā€œpotential spamā€ call yesterday and I was SO SURE it had to be wsu

It was a robocall scammer
SAME. An ā€œunknownā€ call. Ended up being an Amazon scam šŸ˜”

Got the "eligible" status email this morning. Interviewed in Oct.
When did you interview in October? I interviewed on the 17th and didn't get any email. It's probably still too early, but I was just curious.

When did you interview in October? I interviewed on the 17th and didn't get any email. It's probably still too early, but I was just curious.
I have not received an email yet and I also interviewed on October 17th. It still says ā€œyour application is under considerationā€ in my portal

Has anyone else had their dean call? It was so nerve wracking, I felt so awkward haha. But like everyone else was saying, it's definitely good news :)

• Care
Has anyone else had their dean call? It was so nerve wracking, I felt so awkward haha. But like everyone else was saying, it's definitely good news :)
WOW! I thought it was a group congratulation but it was personalized. I feel so honored!

WOW! I thought it was a group congratulation but it was personalized. I feel so honored!
I know right! For some reason I thought it was going to be some sort of recorded presentation/welcome. When the dean commented on so many parts of my application it made her welcome feel extremely personal (in a good way). I felt so honored as well. So excited to attend here.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I have a question. What would it mean to you to get accepted into medical school?

For me, it would mean that my hometown and my home county would be able to get a doctor to practice there in 7 - 10 years from now. It would mean that I would be able to serve Hispanic patient populations and be able to speak to them in their native language and better understand their culture and the challenges that they may face. It would mean that I understand that people from my home county may not have access to adequate transportation services to go to their doctorā€™s appointments and I would refer them to the transportation organization called People for People as they have assisted me getting me to doctors appointments in Wenatchee, Spokane, and Seattle. That is what it would mean to me and my community.

where II šŸ˜­
I would still be working on my application just in case I donā€™t get into medical school this cycle and I need to apply. I assume that I wonā€™t get into medical school this year and I am working on improving my application for next cycle.

I would still be working on my application just in case I donā€™t get into medical school this cycle and I need to apply. I assume that I wonā€™t get into medical school this year and I am working on improving my application for next cycle.
low-key same. I have kind of resigned myself to reapplying. I know its still early, but I just don't feel great about it anymore. We got this! This year or next!

• Care
I am getting hammered by a bunch of snowfall today and possibly tomorrow. If you guys need to venture outside in your car, then just try to stay safe and try to drive slowly.

• Care
For anyone who has interviewed, do they ask follow up questions for the MMI part? Like if you give your response and still have time left do they prompt you or no?

Thanks!