You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Boston University
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
druidcookie
Full Member
Deferred. We are still in the game folks! Congrats to everyone who got the A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PinkPenguin33
New Member
sounds like other ppl have gotten R emails so it seems like no. also in past threads ppl were saying majority of acceptances went out in march so there is still hope 🙏deferred, is this just a nice way of rejecting?
D
deleted1176140
As a fellow LM 72 very happy for you! Hope I can join you on the A train in Marchinterviewed in Early september, got a call and email from JB. OOS A. Felt like we clicked rlly well but I had doubts bc it was my very first interview. just got the official email from BU today. LM72 urm. duper excited just wanted to give more info to help out 🙂
D
deleted1157211
sounds like other ppl have gotten R emails so it seems like no. also in past threads ppl were saying majority of acceptances went out in march so there is still hope [emoji120]
yeah it seems students have said before that a lot of their peers were deferred and then accepted in march. holding hope!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
oof deferred till march email...thought this was one of my best interviews lol, just shows that you can't ever depend on the vibes the interviewer gives you 🙁
medamind92
New Member
OOS A through email! No call from interviewer before.
I’m a reapplicant who interviewed in Feb earlier this year and was waitlisted in March. To any future waitlisters or reapplicants reading this, feel free to dm me. I was devastated 9 months ago but crying happy tears today 😭
I’m a reapplicant who interviewed in Feb earlier this year and was waitlisted in March. To any future waitlisters or reapplicants reading this, feel free to dm me. I was devastated 9 months ago but crying happy tears today 😭
D
deleted1176140
To add to this, are an equal volume of IIs sent during the second round as are sent during the first?Anyone know the deferral to A stats?
skylinechili
Full Member
y'all think a letter of intent would move the needle on a deferral? lol
also this may just be crazy copium but anecdotally i also saw that theres more A movement in the spring vs winter so hang in there my fellow deferrees
congrats to everyone w As ! boston is an amazing school
also this may just be crazy copium but anecdotally i also saw that theres more A movement in the spring vs winter so hang in there my fellow deferrees
congrats to everyone w As ! boston is an amazing school
D
deleted1176140
I think that is true about the A movement. Also I am sure an LOI will mean something, even if only a bit.y'all think a letter of intent would move the needle on a deferral? lol
also this may just be crazy copium but anecdotally i also saw that theres more A movement in the spring vs winter so hang in there my fellow deferrees
congrats to everyone w As ! boston is an amazing school
dracotarg
Full Member
A with deans scholarship!
whattttt did they tell u or was it in the email? Also did u do fafsa alr?
edit: Also CONGRATULATIONS thats amazing!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1176140
Bruh I just hope in March they don’t do this whole phone call rigamarole again that crap lowkey made my week 10x more stressful
Deferred club
stucco bubble
New Member
Deferred also! Holding out hope for us in March 🙂
i have bad news for you... seriously i would recommended just deleting SDN around the time of the yearBruh I just hope in March they don’t do this whole phone call rigamarole again that crap lowkey made my week 10x more stressful
D
deleted1176140
You know for sure?i have bad news for you... seriously i would recommended just deleting SDN around the time of the year
based on previous year's threads, yesYou know for sure?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
so there were 0 post-II Rs? just A or deferred?
D
deleted1167714
Waitlist or defer?Waitlisted today! GL EVERYONE!
Defer lol , although to me it seems to be more or less the sameWaitlist or defer?
D
deleted1167714
I don't think it is? They don't give out most of their acceptances until March, from what I thought?Defer lol , although to me it seems to be more or less the same
D
deleted1176140
It’s not the sameDefer lol , although to me it seems to be more or less the same
notanorthobro
Full Member
Deferred today, but I will be withdrawing soon. Good luck everyone and congratulations to those accepted!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 deferred, think I will be withdrawing relatively soon though so good luck to everyone
I've been saving myself from any waiting agony by working on my foreign languages
I've been saving myself from any waiting agony by working on my foreign languages
enditallplease
New Member
part II will come in mid-March, and it will somehow be even worse than this. but because everyone loves an encore, they will waitlist as opposed to reject. the bandage will be pulled very slowly and with much agony. such is lifeDeferred. All this waiting was pure psychological torture.
skylinechili
Full Member
username checks outpart II will come in mid-March, and it will somehow be even worse than this. but because everyone loves an encore, they will waitlist as opposed to reject. the bandage will be pulled very slowly and with much agony. such is life
Anecdotally, I'd say BU has some decent WL movement. I know quite a few people in my class got in off the WL.
D
deleted1176140
Can you comment on deferral movement in March?Anecdotally, I'd say BU has some decent WL movement. I know quite a few people in my class got in off the WL.
D
deleted1171273
MSAR says 20 people which doesn't seem too goodAnecdotally, I'd say BU has some decent WL movement. I know quite a few people in my class got in off the WL.
MSAR says 20 people which doesn't seem too good
Can you comment on deferral movement in March?
20/150 something isn't too bad imo? Tho idk what other schools are doing in terms of WL to acceptance. That's like ~10% tho and then if you account for the people from linkage programs it's probably like 20/130 which I feel like is p solid?
Feel like most people got accepted in March which is why so many people get deferred. Allows them to have a good idea of numbers needed to make a class and have most applicants still available to decide on.
Most of the class is made up from the second round, there is a lot of movement from deferral applicantsCan you comment on deferral movement in March?
D
deleted1167714
Any idea of what percentage of the class is filled with December admits?
No, only anecdotes that people have gotten in from deferral, there are no official numbers.Any idea of what percentage of the class is filled with December admits?
chicken495
New Member
Does anyone know if letters of intent help move the needle for deferred applicants?
Not sure but I sent an elaborate LOI in November which I thought helped me get an A recently? Feel free to DM me for specifics on my LOIDoes anyone know if letters of intent help move the needle for deferred applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blueberrypup
New Member
Received an OOS II yesterday morning, and SO excited but SO nervous. Was complete 08/27.
anxiouspremedstudent2001
Full Member
Hi!! Did anyone here who got accepted have a lower gpa but took diy classes? I know it’s fine since it’s a huge upward trend but there is still some stigma I feel like and I didn’t know how holistic BU is towards that!
me! I had a 3.19 undergrad gpa and did a post bacc. I did well in the post bacc. And I got the A last month 🙂Hi!! Did anyone here who got accepted have a lower gpa but took diy classes? I know it’s fine since it’s a huge upward trend but there is still some stigma I feel like and I didn’t know how holistic BU is towards that!
notanorthobro
Full Member
Just withdrew. Good luck everyone! I’m rooting for you guys!