2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completed my interview last week, just coming back to give my thoughts. I chose to do it virtually - one with an MD, another with a med student. They split it into two days which was a little annoying, but the interviews were straightforward and very conversational. Asked the standard interview questions and specifics about experiences in my app, no curveballs. Overall seems like a very supportive environment, though they are changing to a newer curriculum next fall.
Did they give you any timeframe on when you would hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else having issues with the status checker? I type in my ID and get “no information found”

Members don't see this ad :)
My status hasn't changed since I submitted but... you better know that I still check that thing daily :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
For those that have 'No info found for me either', should we reach out maybe??

Can anyone see their status? If it affects everyone, then it’s no big deal

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it just means complete for those that don't have IIs (assuming you've received a complete email)

Or maybe they're writing II for all of us right now :shifty:

Reactions: 1 users
i can see my status, complete with no II (yet lol fingers crossed) so it may be worth reaching out if you’ve gotten a complete email and are getting the “no information found” return

Reactions: 1 user
i can see my status, complete with no II (yet lol fingers crossed) so it may be worth reaching out if you’ve gotten a complete email and are getting the “no information found” return
It just came back online for me, too. Must have been a glitch. Thanks for checking!

mine says everything received but complete says no, i did submit a few days ago, does it take time to update?

mine says everything received but complete says no, i did submit a few days ago, does it take time to update?

have you paid the fee yet? took me a couple days to get sent that email, and then a couple to be marked complete iirc

Anyone complete late August get II yet? IS applicant 71 LM (3.9x GPA, low 51x MCAT)

does anyone know if decisions will start in October for regular decision? the website says December but all past years threads started in October

IS applicant, Early July completion and no II, is this a soft R

II this morning! In state, UB undergraduate, complete mid August

IS applicant, Early July completion and no II, is this a soft R
From what I hear, JSMBS sends II consistently throughout the interview season. They also rely heavily on the waitlist. It’s not over till it’s over!

From what I hear, JSMBS sends II consistently throughout the interview season. They also rely heavily on the waitlist. It’s not over till it’s over!
Do you know the timeline as to when they send II until? I am IS but no love or II from the Suny schools yet lol (LM 71)

Does anyone have intel on when we should expect post-interview decisions? I know the website/interview packet says December and March, but since this is different from prior years I was thinking (hoping) maybe someone here got confirmation

Do you know the timeline as to when they send II until? I am IS but no love or II from the Suny schools yet lol (LM 71)
Through March… pre health advisor says don’t start worrying until after Thanksgiving. No love from any other SUNYs for me as well. In fact, Upstate gave me the pre-II hold soft R🥴

Congrats!! stats if you don't mind me asking..
509 MCAT, 3.6 sGPA, 3.9 non-sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, ORM, IS, UB undergrad, 3rd quartile CASPer, 2100 research hours, 1st author publication, poster presentation at Jacobs, only 80ish shadowing, about 200 volunteering, 3500 clinical employment, 4600 non-clinical employment, non traditional app (in a masters, 6th year into college). Not sure if I’m missing any stats

Does anyone have intel on when we should expect post-interview decisions? I know the website/interview packet says December and March, but since this is different from prior years I was thinking (hoping) maybe someone here got confirmation
Last year they began releasing them first week of November