You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interesting so does that mean Buffalo is doing two interview cycles like one for fall and one for spring? Just trying to cope because I still haven’t heard back from this school (LM 71, IS NYC)"We will issue our Regular MD decisions at the end of December and again at the end of March." Source
BullEagle
Full Member
Interesting so does that mean Buffalo is doing two interview cycles like one for fall and one for spring? Just trying to cope because I still haven’t heard back from this school (LM 71, IS NYC)
While I can’t speak to their motivations for adopting this new strategy, that’s exactly what appears to be happening, yes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also trying to cope and this made me feel better, best of luck to us 😭Interesting so does that mean Buffalo is doing two interview cycles like one for fall and one for spring? Just trying to cope because I still haven’t heard back from this school (LM 71, IS NYC)
We’re talking about IIs not actual decisions, I wish I was waiting for a decision 🥲Guys they said they are releasing decisions in December, it's on their website 😭 we all need to chill
Oh lmao my bad 🤣We’re talking about IIs not actual decisions, I wish I was waiting for a decision 🥲
Seems like it. Hoping we all hear back good news in December bc I really need buffalo to clutch up and accept my ass.Looks like interviews are slowing down for this first cycle. Hopefully that’s good news for us that have interviewed [emoji102] I can’t stand the waiting
BullEagle
Full Member
Seems like it. Hoping we all hear back good news in December bc I really need buffalo to clutch up and accept my ass.
Hahaha I’m with you. I’m all in on Buffalo, kinda relying on them here[emoji31]
Same bc I've only had two ii so far and pretty sure the other one is straight toastHahaha I’m with you. I’m all in on Buffalo, kinda relying on them here[emoji31]
oatmeallover1
Full Member
what does this mean
Interview attendedwhat does this mean
soccercity15
Full Member
+1 IS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When's ur interview date?+1 IS II
BullEagle
Full Member
When's ur interview date?
Curious to know this as well! [mention]soccercity15 [/mention]
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
Any advice for the in-person interview day?
soccercity15
Full Member
Curious to know this as well! [mention]soccercity15 [/mention]
Second week of december. Option to do in person or virtualWhen's ur interview date?
are you MD or MD-PhD?Second week of december. Option to do in person or virtual
oatmeallover1
Full Member
anyone have insight when in December decisions will come out?
soccercity15
Full Member
MDare you MD or MD-PhD?
I remember reading somewhere on the admissions website that it would be towards the end of the month. Makes sense as I believe there are still interviews in the first few weeks of Decemberanyone have insight when in December decisions will come out?
BullEagle
Full Member
anyone have insight when in December decisions will come out?
I have a feeling that’s what [mention]Bishop1x [/mention] and I are both trying to suss out [emoji39] website says end of December but I’d love to know a date[emoji23]. If someone wants to bite the bullet and call… I have annoyed admissions enough already
Also wondering this hahaanyone have insight when in December decisions will come out?
Yes exactly what I was trynna sus out. It seems like if there are interviews in december they're gonna release them towards the very end of december. Hopefully it'll be a nice Christmas present for usI have a feeling that’s what [mention]Bishop1x [/mention] and I are both trying to suss out [emoji39] website says end of December but I’d love to know a date[emoji23]. If someone wants to bite the bullet and call… I have annoyed admissions enough already
BullEagle
Full Member
Yes exactly what I was trynna sus out. It seems like if there are interviews in december they're gonna release them towards the very end of december. Hopefully it'll be a nice Christmas present for us
I’ll be in Disney at the time so hopefully a little magic will make my Buffalo dreams come true LOL
soccercity15
Full Member
For those that interviewed, was it more conversational or what was the overall vibe? Thanks!
BullEagle
Full Member
For those that interviewed, was it more conversational or what was the overall vibe? Thanks!
My experience was actually quite fun, it was a great conversation about the things I have done and my research. We just about ran over the time allowed. I was nervous in the very beginning of course, but within a minute I was made to feel as if I belonged and I was spoken to as a potential colleague rather than an “applicant”. Super comfortable from that point on. With that said, YMMV. I walked away very happy.
soccercity15
Full Member
ahh super glad to hear that! hope you get some good news in the coming weeks 🙂My experience was actually quite fun, it was a great conversation about the things I have done and my research. We just about ran over the time allowed. I was nervous in the very beginning of course, but within a minute I was made to feel as if I belonged and I was spoken to as a potential colleague rather than an “applicant”. Super comfortable from that point on. With that said, YMMV. I walked away very happy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BullEagle
Full Member
ahh super glad to hear that! hope you get some good news in the coming weeks 🙂
Seeing as you’re lumped in the decision pool with the rest of us, I hope the same for you!
Conversational for meFor those that interviewed, was it more conversational or what was the overall vibe? Thanks!
oatmeallover1
Full Member
Exactly same experience!!!My experience was actually quite fun, it was a great conversation about the things I have done and my research. We just about ran over the time allowed. I was nervous in the very beginning of course, but within a minute I was made to feel as if I belonged and I was spoken to as a potential colleague rather than an “applicant”. Super comfortable from that point on. With that said, YMMV. I walked away very happy.
What are ur stats?Seeing as you’re lumped in the decision pool with the rest of us, I hope the same for you!
BullEagle
Full Member
What are ur stats?
PM’ed!
BullEagle
Full Member
Oh dear [emoji32]
Buffalo pls accept me I have no other ii
You gotta will your acceptance into existence. It will happen, period. We’re first cycle - they like us!! [emoji1377][emoji1377][emoji1377]
You got it today?IS II. Scheduled before end of December
Hypothetically speaking is it before or after Christmas lol?IS II. Scheduled before end of December
BullEagle
Full Member
IS II. Scheduled before end of December
What day specifically?
I wonder if @soccercity15 has the last interview date available for this first go-around, then?
The wave sent out on Friday are interviewing from 12/14-12/20. I'd imagine that's the last week for 2023
BullEagle
Full Member
I read that as their interview is on Friday, forgetting that's not an option. You are correct.The wave sent out on Friday are interviewing from 12/14-12/20. I'd imagine that's the last week for 2023
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d guess before. I’ve heard adcom take the week from Christmas to New Years. But who knowsSo does this mean that we'll get decisions after or before christmas?
BullEagle
Full Member
I’d guess before. I’ve heard adcom take the week from Christmas to New Years. But who knows
Tomorrow is the last day of classes for MD, so this may very well be the case. Winter break starts Dec 9th and instruction resumes Jan 2nd
LilyMedical
Full Member
Do the december interviews also get decisions in December?
Good question. My guess is no? But idkDo the december interviews also get decisions in December?