2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have intel on when we should expect post-interview decisions? I know the website/interview packet says December and March, but since this is different from prior years I was thinking (hoping) maybe someone here got confirmation
I was wondering this too.. the last few years have been late October
 
509 MCAT, 3.6 sGPA, 3.9 non-sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, ORM, IS, UB undergrad, 3rd quartile CASPer, 2100 research hours, 1st author publication, poster presentation at Jacobs, only 80ish shadowing, about 200 volunteering, 3500 clinical employment, 4600 non-clinical employment, non traditional app (in a masters, 6th year into college). Not sure if I’m missing any stats
Wow that application is like miles better than mine lol hopefully I hear something. Doesn’t really help that I am not affiliated with UB or other SUNY either.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
509 MCAT, 3.6 sGPA, 3.9 non-sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, ORM, IS, UB undergrad, 3rd quartile CASPer, 2100 research hours, 1st author publication, poster presentation at Jacobs, only 80ish shadowing, about 200 volunteering, 3500 clinical employment, 4600 non-clinical employment, non traditional app (in a masters, 6th year into college). Not sure if I’m missing any stats
Thank you so much for the details
 
Wow that application is like miles better than mine lol hopefully I hear something. Doesn’t really help that I am not affiliated with UB or other SUNY either.
Are you IS? Specifically WNY? Regardless of if you went to SUNY for undergrad, UB favors NYS applicants with strong ties to WNY
 
Yes that's what I've heard! But applicants last year apparently weren't given Dec/March timepoints, so it's hard to say if they're trying something new this cycle. I guess we will have to wait and see 😅
Decisions could also be affected by the dean of admissions stepping out, I’m sure the transition period is causing some delays
 
Just so everyone is aware, I followed up with admissions and decisions will ONLY go out in two waves: in December, and in March.

If you interview any time prior to December, you will get your decision notification in December. Any time after, you'll get it in March.
Thanks for sharing 🤝
 
I was wondering if someone who's done the in-person day could comment. Do you get to do a campus tour and stuff as part of your day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just so everyone is aware, I followed up with admissions and decisions will ONLY go out in two waves: in December, and in March.

If you interview any time prior to December, you will get your decision notification in December. Any time after, you'll get it in March.
Wait the past couple of yrs they sent out decisions late october tho. Did you directly call the admissions office about this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No II yet... this is my dream school and I really emphasized that in my secondary 🙂: IS complete 08/11, 505 --> 512 mcat retake, 3.6 sGPA and 3.7 cGPA, average ECs. Soft R? I assume applying that late is a big part of the issue
 
Wait so what was ur decision? Did u end up getting deferred? Also what r ur stats
yes as someone else mentioned, ED>RD = deferral. i’m still hopeful bc i know they historically send out IIs deep into the cycle but obviously it’s extremely stressful.. i knew i was only applying to Jacobs so i kinda full sent w applying ED

stats:
- 3.65 cgpa, 3.85 sgpa
- 506 MCAT, studied for and took it while a full-time PA student
- 4000+ clinical hrs including PA rotations, MA, scribe
- 2 publications, a few posters, several hundred research hrs
- a little over 100 hrs volunteering
- multiple leadership roles
- UB graduate, WNY is home
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity, what time did you receive the interview invite email? Just wanna know what time I should neurotically be checking my email 🙂

Got mine at 8:40am. Better to have notifications enabled for your mail app than check every 2 minutes, although sometimes I can’t help but refresh my inbox irrationally hoping for some early news 😛