2023-2024 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@DrJ5 how realistic is it to be awarded a merit scholarships? I see I qualify for 2 of them based on my grades.

Thanks!
Unfortunately I am not sure, but I know they are a first come first serve basis, so the fact that you have been accepted early on is a good sign!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WL today... interviewed Sept 11. Super depressing but it's what it's. Does anyone know if Campbell will disclose information about WL spots/ranks or is that an inappropriate question to ask admission?

WL today... interviewed Sept 11. Super depressing but it's what it's. Does anyone know if Campbell will disclose information about WL spots/ranks or is that an inappropriate question to ask admission?
Not inappropriate at all to ask. Also ask them if theyā€™ll accept letters of intent/updates (if itā€™s not posted online) so it shows how interested you are.

Did they say if they give students a laptop or iPad for tests? Or do we buy our own?

Anyone who has interviewed here willing to share any thoughts about the interview day? I am super nervous about my interview day coming up especially since the structure is so different than the other interviews Iā€™ve done.

Anyone who has interviewed here willing to share any thoughts about the interview day? I am super nervous about my interview day coming up especially since the structure is so different than the other interviews Iā€™ve done.
My interview was very laid back. I was able to ask about 4 questions and everyone was respectful. It seemed like everyone got to ask questions and had them adequately answered. We got to meet some faculty and staff and had a good amount of time to ask students questions as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was very laid back. I was able to ask about 4 questions and everyone was respectful. It seemed like everyone got to ask questions and had them adequately answered. We got to meet some faculty and staff and had a good amount of time to ask students questions as well.
And I wanna emphasize this truly has no traditional interview aspect! Itā€™s all Q&A

[mention]microlil88 [/mention][mention]purkinjekitty [/mention] thank you both for your insight! I appreciate it! :)

I submitted my secondary on 7/16 and still haven't even received a complete notification.. do yall think it's worth calling them?

Anyone willing to share a bit about the interview? Do they ask us questions or is it us asking them???

Just got an email stating my application is being submitted to the pre-screen committee! App received 9/19

WL just now. Any current students know if they have a decent amount of WL movement? Campbell is up there on my list due to proximity to family

Is attendance mandatory at CUSOM and how are students graded, is it pass/fail?

Hey guys, current 4th year here happy to answer any questions (you'll probably have to message me though cause I don't check this thread very often). Good luck to everyone applying!

Hey guys, current 4th year here happy to answer any questions (you'll probably have to message me though cause I don't check this thread very often). Good luck to everyone applying!
Thank you for doing this! I was wondering a couple of things, if you don't mind me asking.

1. How is matching? Do many people get their desired specialty? (thinking academic IM myself rn)
2. Is it hard to drive from Lillington to Raleigh once a week?
3. do a lot of people drop out or get dismissed?
4. Do people compete for good grades?
5. Is most housing in Lillington with undergrads that are loud?

sorry I'm debating between two schools rn and was just curious

Reactions: 1 users
What were guys at the "Interview/Meet and Greet" wearing? Full on suit with tie or just a button up dress shirt?

Thank you for doing this! I was wondering a couple of things, if you don't mind me asking.

1. How is matching? Do many people get their desired specialty? (thinking academic IM myself rn)
2. Is it hard to drive from Lillington to Raleigh once a week?
3. do a lot of people drop out or get dismissed?
4. Do people compete for good grades?
5. Is most housing in Lillington with undergrads that are loud?

sorry I'm debating between two schools rn and was just curious

1: Most people match to their top several choices as far as I know. I believe they have statistics on the school website but not 100% on that

2: It's about a 55 minute drive. I live in Raleigh right now and occasionally have to drive to campus for stuff. Definitely doable

3: There's a couple that have dropped down a class specifically for medical reasons in my class. Not many have withdrawn and I don't know anybody that has been dismissed

4: No, it's definitely a collaborative environment for sure, very few gunners and everybody is willing to work together (can only speak for my class but I don't know why others would be different)

5: Depends if you choose to live in mixed housing or not and if you decide to live in Lillington or Fuquay (25 min drive from campus). There's options in both, with Lillington being primarily grad students and Fuquay being a mix of CUSOM students and regular people. I lived in Fuquay and had 0 issues with undergrads. I believe many people lived at Campbell point and didn't have problems with undergrads

Hey! Current 4th year applying EM. Happy to answer questions about Campbell or the process in general.

Hey! Current 4th year applying EM. Happy to answer questions about Campbell or the process in general.
What could be the reasons if someone has great stats and work experience, in state and has not heard anything at all.. MCAT 508 , great GPA over 3.6, shadow letters from DOs, all good EC, I just want to understand does Interview invites go it cohorts? , groups ? is there a cap per score or something like that?.. there is radio silence

What could be the reasons if someone has great stats and work experience, in state and has not heard anything at all.. MCAT 508 , great GPA over 3.6, shadow letters from DOs, all good EC, I just want to understand does Interview invites go it cohorts? , groups ? is there a cap per score or something like that?.. there is radio silence
It honestly depends a lot unfortunately. Maybe you can reach out with an email and check to see if they accept letters of intent.

Thereā€™s about to be a lot more DO movement since MD schools are starting to offer acceptances and people will drop their acceptances from DO.

Reactions: 1 users

I spoke to one of members of the admission team and they said to show interest, they looking for people who want to attend and believe in their mission!

I spoke to one of members of the admission team and they said to show interest, they looking for people who want to attend and believe in their mission!
Do you think I should do that with other schools as well as there is an earie silence - no rejection but no interview

Do you think I should do that with other schools as well as there is an earie silence - no rejection but no interview

It definitely wouldnā€™t hurt! At the minimum youā€™ll get some clarity. I usually ask for an update while showing interest. Itā€™s still early though, I believe the rule is to start worrying after Thanksgiving.

Just received a secondary. Wondering how strict they are with the science faculty having to have a PhD? I have non science letters with PhDs but my science letters donā€™t have them. šŸ¤”

1: Most people match to their top several choices as far as I know. I believe they have statistics on the school website but not 100% on that

2: It's about a 55 minute drive. I live in Raleigh right now and occasionally have to drive to campus for stuff. Definitely doable

3: There's a couple that have dropped down a class specifically for medical reasons in my class. Not many have withdrawn and I don't know anybody that has been dismissed

4: No, it's definitely a collaborative environment for sure, very few gunners and everybody is willing to work together (can only speak for my class but I don't know why others would be different)

5: Depends if you choose to live in mixed housing or not and if you decide to live in Lillington or Fuquay (25 min drive from campus). There's options in both, with Lillington being primarily grad students and Fuquay being a mix of CUSOM students and regular people. I lived in Fuquay and had 0 issues with undergrads. I believe many people lived at Campbell point and didn't have problems with undergrads
Thank you so much, I totally forgot to respond. Follow up question , does the school offer any resources such as UWORLD, OSMOSIS, or boards and beyond

Secondary finally after 5 months of silence

Waitlisted today after interview on 10/2