2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A! Interviewed 8/31

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
+1 OOS A! Crying happy tears rn. Dartmouth totally won me over with their warm and personable interview experience, can’t wait to visit and see the school in person! Interviewed 9/7, LM 75, career changer.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
+1 OOS A! Crying happy tears rn. Dartmouth totally won me over with their warm and personable interview experience, can’t wait to visit and see the school in person! Interviewed 9/7, LM 75, career changer.

congrats!!! did you get an email right now or earlier like the others? just wondering when i should stop checking lol🫣

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!!! did you get an email right now or earlier like the others? just wondering when i should stop checking lol🫣
LOL I was literally typing this exact question as you posted... but fingers crossed for us both if not today then another day!

• Care
LOL I was literally typing this exact question as you posted... but fingers crossed for us both if not today then another day!
I got it at the same time as the others I think, right at 3:30. Rooting for both of y’all, last year they rolled out more As just a few days after the first batch.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Huge congratulations to all of you! Looking forward to seeing y'all on campus :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
congrats on all the As today :') you DESERVE it!! just curious... how did you feel after the interview lol

N=1, but my interview experience was fantastic. Before the interview, everyone was so nice and understanding of the nerves we were feeling. Both of my interviewers asked me fair questions to know me better and ya, 10/10. Geisel quickly became a top choice after the experience.

congrats on all the As today :') you DESERVE it!! just curious... how did you feel after the interview lol
i felt mehhhh. out of all my interviews this one felt my weakest- one interviewer was really chill and had standard questions, the other we had a full blown philosophical conversation (which i felt i floundered lol). However, it ended up better than i thought i guess. Let this be encouragement that if you maybe dont think you did all that hot, ur prolly overthinking!!

• Care
OOS A! My interviewers were super friendly and all but I totally walked away with the impression that I wasn't interesting to them - don't stress too much over minutae!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! When are they scheduling out to? It seems like they haven't sent out too many IIs so far!
Unfortunately I only see one date this month, which may be not feasible for me. Maybe they open up more dates?

Anyone have any guess on when more A's may go out for people who have interviewed already?

Members don't see this ad :)
not till march if trends hold
I'm hoping there is another wave of As that can catch those of us who didn't get one yesterday, but I think you're right. In past years, Dartmouth just gave out As in waves for those who interviewed the month prior and WL or R everyone else in March

I'm hoping there is another wave of As that can catch those of us who didn't get one yesterday, but I think you're right. In past years, Dartmouth just gave out As in waves for those who interviewed the month prior and WL or R everyone else in March
It depends on the date of the interview so there’s still a chance. I know they released As for people who interviewed 9/29 (equivalent to 9/28 this year) after their first wave (they gave decisions Monday October 17 and Friday October 21). So if you had an interview a bit later (which I did so I’m hoping it holds true) there’s still a chance

Also, I've read that Dartmouth is fairly conservative with As at first since they only have ~92 seats a year

This is definitely true- it seems like only early September or end of august has gotten A’s
so if I interviewed in august am I probably a WL/R? Does anyone know approximately when do we find out about if we're on the waitlist?

Ah so, a 9/14 interview likely does not hear back until March and it is likely a R or WL if it is similar to past years?

+1 worried about R/WL after missing the first A wave. Does anyone know of people who interviewed fairly early and heard positive news (As) later? I know previous SDN chains don't offer a ton of hope but also represent a pretty small sample so was just curious since I do remember them saying they accept small numbers at first. Thanks!

• Care
Does anyone know if they will still be sending out interviews because I did my secondaries on 9/18 and haven't heard a single thing?

• Haha
Does anyone know if they will still be sending out interviews because I did my secondaries on 9/18 and haven't heard a single thing?
You did your secondaries a bit late and only a month ago. It has not been a long time. I completed mine over two months ago now and still haven't heard anything. Just have patience. I know it is super hard, but these schools have a lot of applications to go through.

Reactions: 6 users
At a school like Dartmouth who's based on partially on rolling admissions and has more than enough competitive, on-time applicants applying to the school, your chances are slim to none for an II applying this late in the cycle for MD unless you have a 520+ MCAT and a 4.0 GPA with more research publications than fingers.

Even then, there's about 100 other factors to consider in the equation which may hurt your chances further

At a school like Dartmouth who's based on partially on rolling admissions and has more than enough competitive, on-time applicants applying to the school, your chances are slim to none for an II applying this late in the cycle for MD unless you have a 520+ MCAT and a 4.0 GPA with more research publications than fingers.

Even then, there's about 100 other factors to consider in the equation which may hurt your chances further
That’s a bit of an exaggeration.

Reactions: 12 users
My whole point was it's unrealistic to expect anything positive out of applying late into the MD cycle or as they have said, expect an interview 3 weeks after submitting a secondary
Wait, so did they say the II turn around for them is usually around three weeks?

Every school will be different, but I submitted my Geisel secondary last year on September 17th before ultimately being rejected pre-II around April. I reached out to ask for application feedback, and they were gracious enough to review my application and their admissions process with me. During that meeting, I was told point-blank that my completion date was not a factor and that the rejection was purely because of deficiencies in my application/experiences.

Reactions: 8 users
Every school will be different, but I submitted my Geisel secondary last year on September 17th before ultimately being rejected pre-II around April. I reached out to ask for application feedback, and they were gracious enough to review my application and their admissions process with me. During that meeting, I was told point-blank that my completion date was not a factor and that the rejection was purely because of deficiencies in my application/experiences.
I just saw this too, on the AAMC fair chat.

My whole point was it's unrealistic to expect anything positive out of applying late into the MD cycle or as they have said, expect an interview 3 weeks after submitting a secondary
Yeah I know that... I just wasn't sure if people got interviews late in the cycle because I couldn't find anything on the previous year threads....it seemed like it was just a bunch of rejections after a certain point so I got really worried! But thanks....I got what you meant:)

Thats actually very nice to hear! I feel like I am going to have to end up asking for feedback as well lol

You did your secondaries a bit late and only a month ago. It has not been a long time. I completed mine over two months ago now and still haven't heard anything. Just have patience. I know it is super hard, but these schools have a lot of applications to go through.
I know its only been like 4 weeks but I feel like I have been waiting forever lol

Thats actually very nice to hear! I feel like I am going to have to end up asking for feedback as well lol
Honestly, my feedback session is one of the reasons this school is at the top of my list. I think I was scheduled for 20 minutes, but the person I talked to spent almost an hour going through everything with me and giving me advice on how to prepare myself to reapply. I was really blown away by how supportive they were.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I know its only been like 4 weeks but I feel like I have been waiting forever lol
I completed my apps for some schools three months ago now and have had no response. It's enough to drive one a little bonkers. My only advice would be to get involved in an activity and get busy. They will respond eventually.

If you interviewed August 24, and did not recieve an acceptance on October 16 is this most likely an indication of a rejection/waitlist?

You may be waiting for a long time, even if you applied in July. Applying in september means you really may wait until march so it will be good to get in the mindset that you're gonna have a long ride.

That being said, I was complete late september last year, received my II in November for an interview in December and was admitted sometime in March. There is plenty of cycle left, though everyone's odds are terrible so it's good to keep expectations low.

Reactions: 6 users
OOS II! LM75, complete probably late July/early August.
Congrats!!

Hate to be this person, but could you check your email/portal and see when you were complete? I feel like they haven’t interviewed anyone complete in August, so I’m interested to see if you’re the first!!

Also, how far out are they scheduling?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I have no reasoning for this but for some reason I feel like interviews from 9/28 and 10/5 will hear today. post if anyone does!!

II today!! OOS LM 70, complete 8/1!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
II OOS! Complete early August. For reference I see only one day in early Nov.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users