2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Il (LM 75.5 complete 7/16) but when I go to sign up they have no dates available! Would people recommend I reach out to them or wait 24 hours for them to post more?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
i know no acceptances can go out til october 15/16 this year, but do we think that they will waitlist or reject any people who have already interviewed before that tjme? or wait for everything til october (interviewed and want to know if that’s a possibility)
Current M1 at Geisel (Dartmouth). I don't think any decisions are released prior to October 15th. In fact, I believe that applicants who are not accepted on their initial post-interview review are moved to be re-reviewed at subsequent admissions meetings, rather than outright waitlisted/rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people who interviewed remember when we were supposed to complete the financial aid application? I got the email today and remember they said to complete it asap but don’t remember what they said about specific dates

Do people who interviewed remember when we were supposed to complete the financial aid application? I got the email today and remember they said to complete it asap but don’t remember what they said about specific dates
Current M1. Last year it was anytime after 10/1/22 and before 4/1/23. You can find more information here and here. The financial aid office is also very approachable and responsive so I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions via email.

Current M1. Last year it was anytime after 10/1/22 and before 4/1/23. You can find more information here and here. The financial aid office is also very approachable and responsive so I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions via email.
Are people submitting the financial aid info before they even get accepted ? Sorry just kind of confused... And does everyone fill out this or just people who are likely to qualify for need-based aid?

Are people submitting the financial aid info before they even get accepted ? Sorry just kind of confused... And does everyone fill out this or just people who are likely to qualify for need-based aid?
  • I would suggest familiarizing yourself with the financial aid process if you're invited to interview but I don't see a good reason to fill it out until after acceptance.
  • If you complete the application, you may or may not receive need-based financial aid. If you do not complete it, there's no chance of aid, so yes, the vast majority of matriculating +/- accepted students fill it out.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
complete 7/18 btw, so it seems either they’re not going completely chronologically or they doubled back

Any med students have insights into how much the interview factors in? Felt like I didn't do my best
That's how I felt when I interviewed and I am currently sitting in the Dartmouth library as an M1. Hardly anyone feels great after their interview. Take a deep breath and hope for the best!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Any med students have insights into how much the interview factors in? Felt like I didn't do my best
I feel like I had a really really good interview and did not get the A at the usual 3-5 weeks post-II but like 3 months after.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it suppose to say "your application is ready"? Also, do we have to upload a photo to be considered a complete application?

Is it suppose to say "your application is ready"? Also, do we have to upload a photo to be considered a complete application?
Mine says "application is ready". I uploaded a photo but not sure if it was required? Might as well if you're not unsure.

mine says application ready, i did not upload a photo

how many people do you think will hear back on monday? i intervied early september but wondering how long i’ll have to wait for

so.... judging based on last years thread monday is the day for early/mid September interviewers

• Wow
so.... judging based on last years thread monday is the day for early/mid September interviewers

yea was just wondering because i interviews early september but don’t think it was my most amazing interview so not sure what to expect since ppl said they don’t accept many at first

yea i don’t get it
42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Here’s the clip from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (if you’ve finished all your secondaries and want something to do beside refreshing SDN for updates like me, I’d recommend a watch):

Last edited:
yea was just wondering because i interviews early september but don’t think it was my most amazing interview so not sure what to expect since ppl said they don’t accept many at first
just curious where someone said that? Do you think acceptances will be spread out more over time?

just curious where someone said that? Do you think acceptances will be spread out more over time?

others had said that during interview day they spoke about accepting very conservatively at the beginning of the cycle, especially since they have such a small class. i believe it is further up in the thread

The way I am praying for an A tmrw 🙏😭 Good luck y’all , some of our dreams might come true very soon !

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
The way I am praying for an A tmrw 🙏😭 Good luck y’all , some of our dreams might come true very soon !
Same, I'm unsure of the headspace I'm going to be in this time tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

• Care
Pick me, choose me, love me 🥲

• Care
  • Haha
i need to calm down and keep my hopes down because realistically feel like today will not be the day
I know, I feel the same! If it helps anyone, timing for As seems to vary considerably from year to year (2021 was around 10am) so hopefully we just hear by EOD or sometime soon tomorrow. Wishing everyone luck!

• Care
A !!!! i cant believe this is real life 😭😭

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users