2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
manifesting A's for late September/early October today (and every friday)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you interviewed in early Sept is it basically a WL/R if you haven't heard back at this point? I might be remembering wrong, but I was under the impression that most decisions would be sent out in November with only a few A's going out in October.

If you interviewed in early Sept is it basically a WL/R if you haven't heard back at this point? I might be remembering wrong, but I was under the impression that most decisions would be sent out in November with only a few A's going out in October.

I interviewed late August and haven’t heard back, so I think we are probably rejected or waitlisted because people around and after our interview date have been accepted.

I interviewed late August and haven’t heard back, so I think we are probably rejected or waitlisted because people around and after our interview date have been accepted.
Yeah probably waitlisted. I’m in the same boat. In previous years, they sent another wave of acceptances a few days after the first. Since they didn’t do that that this year, we likely just didn’t get in

A yesterday!!!! LM 75. 5. interviewed on 10/5!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hey everyone! Current M4 here currently applying to residency, who remembers finding these threads really useful when I was applying, so just wanted to put myself out there for anyone who has questions. I also saw some concern about people who interviewed and haven't heard yet or who are waiting on interviews. For what it is worth, my interview came very late in the cycle (my last of 7) and then I ended up getting accepted just a few weeks later. As it was explained to us on that interview day, the vast majority of applicants will hear back in early April. They explained that they score the applications after the interviews, and only initially accept a handful of people that exceed a particular score in order to prevent anyone who interviews late from being negatively impacted. Then once they have finished most they gradually lower the score threshold for acceptances and the bulk of their class is let in that way. Basically, don't be scared if you interviewed early and other people on your date heard back - it does not necessarily mean WL or R. I am not at all involved in admissions and it is certainly possible this process has changed, but thats at least what they told us four years ago.

Feel free to ask me anything! And best of luck to all of you. Simply making it to the point of applying to med school is an enormous accomplishment, and you should all be extremely proud of yourselves.

• Care
Reactions: 20 users
OOS A this morning!! Interviewed 8/31

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hey everyone! Current M4 here currently applying to residency, who remembers finding these threads really useful when I was applying, so just wanted to put myself out there for anyone who has questions. I also saw some concern about people who interviewed and haven't heard yet or who are waiting on interviews. For what it is worth, my interview came very late in the cycle (my last of 7) and then I ended up getting accepted just a few weeks later. As it was explained to us on that interview day, the vast majority of applicants will hear back in early April. They explained that they score the applications after the interviews, and only initially accept a handful of people that exceed a particular score in order to prevent anyone who interviews late from being negatively impacted. Then once they have finished most they gradually lower the score threshold for acceptances and the bulk of their class is let in that way. Basically, don't be scared if you interviewed early and other people on your date heard back - it does not necessarily mean WL or R. I am not at all involved in admissions and it is certainly possible this process has changed, but thats at least what they told us four years ago.

Feel free to ask me anything! And best of luck to all of you. Simply making it to the point of applying to med school is an enormous accomplishment, and you should all be extremely proud of yourselves.
This is what they told us on my interview day as well (I interviewed 9/7) - so I think this is still the case

Is the link for the admitted students FB group broken for everyone else? Has anyone reached out to admissions to let them know? I'm eager to join the group but don't want them to be bombarded with emails if it's already been reported

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the link for the admitted students FB group broken for everyone else? Has anyone reached out to admissions to let them know? I'm eager to join the group but don't want them to be bombarded with emails if it's already been reported

I think if you search Geisel class of 2028 you can request access

Do we know how long II's go out? This is my top choice and I am getting nervous :sick::sick:

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received 10/14, completed interview 10/19! LM 75.1 (secondary received 7/24, submitted 7/26)

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R just received, was complete sometime mid-July. Good luck to everyone else still in!

• Care
Still sitting on pins and needles here with a 7/28 submit date...hoping my time comes soon

Reactions: 2 users
Still sitting on pins and needles here with a 7/28 submit date...hoping my time comes soon
Me with a 7/21 submission date and no stats even close to consideration for Dartmouth but still hoping HAHA

XD do you have no II either? Fellow 69 LM'er here.
Sadly I do not but I feel like I will be reviewed later in the cycle (so hopefully this month) So far I am safe from this rejection wave

R! OOS so at least I won’t break the bank for this school ig… 🫣

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Are the R still coming out, or was this just one wave earlier today?

It looks like many who survived the first several R waves in past years just end up getting R's later on. I wonder what their reason is for stringing us along