2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dang they calling so fast

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i can't freaking believe it... i got the A. i was incoherent and not listening to a word dr. yee said oml

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They didn't leave you a voicemail did they? It's too coincidental to be realistically be anything else, but I still wish I had some kind of concrete assurance
They had left me a voicemail! That's how I knew.

They had left me a voicemail! That's how I knew.
Hmm... I didn't get anything but the missed call. But it's literally a Dukemed number, I looked it up

Does anyone know if they're following a particular order? Alphabetical first name or last name?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they're following a particular order? Alphabetical first name or last name?
I missed the call at 9:04 AM PST. My first name is in the first third of the alphabet, and my last name is in the middle.

Last edited:
I got called by someone who is on the admissions committee, not one of the deans. I'm guessing a lot of people just split up the list of accepted students and are calling them whenever they have time

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like I said, last year it looks like it took from noon until past 5. It's still early!

I got called by someone who is on the admissions committee, not one of the deans. I'm guessing a lot of people just split up the list of accepted students and are calling them whenever they have time

Did your portal change by any chance

IMG_7242.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
did dr. yee mention a specific deadline to accept the offer? i heard smth abt april but i swear i was too busy crying to listen 💀

Reactions: 2 users
A!!!! OMG!!! was not expecting this! just called, 919 number

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
got the A!! have been dreaming about this for so long.. best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I got the A and am so beyond grateful! My 1 II -> 1 A will make for quite the Sankey. Congratulations to all!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users
Some data from last year:

First A reported on SDN 2/16 12:06 PM
Last A reported on SDN 2/16 about 5:25 PM
First Portal Update for A reported on SDN: 2/17 at 10:55 AM
First Email for A reported on SDN: 2/17 at 12:08 PM
First WL email reported on SDN:2/17 at 3:17 PM
First post II R email reported on SDN: 2/17 at 5:59 PM
Pre II R reported on website on SDN: 2/23

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Not able to answer the phone but got a call and voicemail just now!

Edit: called back and confirmed the A :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah I think most calls went out in the first hour or two. The calls at 5 PM were probably an exception

does anyone remember when they said second look is? was too busy sobbing to hear hahaha