You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Indiana
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last year's thread said alternate/ waitlist came out around 4/21When do waitlist/rejections start coming out?
flexion&extension
New Member
Anyone receive financial aid package? Which school should I add on FAFSA considering I haven’t been assigned to a school yet
The school code is 001813. All IUSM FA goes through the same location.Anyone receive financial aid package? Which school should I add on FAFSA considering I haven’t been assigned to a school yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scoobypoo123
Full Member
Alternate list today!
+1Alternate list today!
Anyone know how much movement they have?
Mail, email, portal?Alternate list today!
scoobypoo123
Full Member
Mail, email, portal?
Good to know. I haven't heard anything (A/WL/R/etc).
Does anyone know if campus placements have any flexibility once they come out? My preferences have changed a bit since I posted them but the campus I really want isn’t high up on most people’s lists I don’t think.
CallMeAsparagine
Full Member
I would reach out to them ASAP before they release them, IMO that might be your best chance on getting the campus you want!Does anyone know if campus placements have any flexibility once they come out? My preferences have changed a bit since I posted them but the campus I really want isn’t high up on most people’s lists I don’t think.
I reached out a few months back but was basically told that I could reassign my preferences but was told that the submission date would be reset and this would affect my placement in the lottery so I held off, but previous threads seem to suggest this isn’t even true so I’m sure now. I really just want to swap my #1 and #2 so that a certain smaller regional campus is ranked above the main one.I would reach out to them ASAP before they release them, IMO that might be your best chance on getting the campus you want!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CallMeAsparagine
Full Member
Ahh gotcha, to be honest though even if they reset your submission date to be this late in the lottery, since you want to opt for a regional campus over Indy I think you would have good chances at that regional campus. However, I think it would also be likely that if you don't get that #1 spot you'd get knocked down to #3 over Indy at #2 with the date reset issue. Hope things work out for you! 🙂I reached out a few months back but was basically told that I could reassign my preferences but was told that the submission date would be reset and this would affect my placement in the lottery so I held off, but previous threads seem to suggest this isn’t even true so I’m sure now. I really just want to swap my #1 and #2 so that a certain smaller regional campus is ranked above the main one.
Yea same - based on last years thread I’m not too hopeful bc it seems like this (April) was mainly their WL notification round but I didn’t hear about that either … anyone know if anyone not notified of WL has been accepted this late in the past?I haven't heard back since my interview in January. I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.
skylinechili
Full Member
any one know the proper protocol for sending in official transcripts? are yall doing this through parchment, uploading your transcript into the applicant portal, or having your school's registrar send them over? thanks so much!
I just used Parchment to do it and it looks like they received it. Portal now says “verified”, I think it said “not received” before.any one know the proper protocol for sending in official transcripts? are yall doing this through parchment, uploading your transcript into the applicant portal, or having your school's registrar send them over? thanks so much!
I say “looks like” bc I don’t have the green checkmark for the transcripts yet since I have to send in a transcript at the end of the semester still.
R
skylinechili
Full Member
Would you mind confirming what your destination was on Parchment? I put in their admissions office address and the closest thing that resulted on parchment was : IU Indy Graduate AdmissionsI just used Parchment to do it and it looks like they received it. Portal now says “verified”, I think it said “not received” before.
I say “looks like” bc I don’t have the green checkmark for the transcripts yet since I have to send in a transcript at the end of the semester still.
I just did "enter your own" when selecting the destination. I used the admissions office email since the secondary portal said transcripts could be sent there.Would you mind confirming what your destination was on Parchment? I put in their admissions office address and the closest thing that resulted on parchment was : IU Indy Graduate Admissions
Are we expecting to find out our campus placements this week? It seems like previous years’ decisions have been on the first Friday of May.
Does anyone know when February's accepted applicants will hear back regarding the scholarship or is that done?
I would imagine that it shouldn’t be too long after the PTE deadline. So if not this Friday, hopefully next week!Are we expecting to find out our campus placements this week? It seems like previous years’ decisions have been on the first Friday of May.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flexion&extension
New Member
Withdrew my A and scholarship, good luck everyone!
Does anyone know if Fort Wayne is generally highly ranked by people? It’s the campus I want the most and admissions has given me a chance to re-rank but if a lot of people rank it highly then it could hurt me to do that this late.
Withdrew my A and scholarship, good luck everyone!
Were these the scholarships received from the application you submit within 3 weeks of acceptance (through submitting essays from one of the 5 channels that applied to you)? Or just a general offer given out?Received scholarship and campus placement. Maybe it was from one of yall that withdrew with scholarship offer. Thank you[emoji119][emoji119]
How did you hear about campus placement, email or portal update? I haven’t seen anything regarding campus placement yet and didn’t think we would for a few more daysReceived scholarship and campus placement. Maybe it was from one of yall that withdrew with scholarship offer. Thank you[emoji119][emoji119]
If you get a scholarship you’re automatically placed at your top choice.
Ah, I didn’t know that. Congrats that’s awesome!If you get a scholarship you’re automatically placed at your top choice.
Were these the scholarships received from the application you submit within 3 weeks of acceptance (through submitting essays from one of the 5 channels that applied to you)? Or just a general offer given out?
Yes. The first option. I was accepted near october and they opened merit scholarships in november. I think they are handing out the scholarships of people withdrawing from the school
skylinechili
Full Member
also received 19k/year scholarship w/ priority campus placement at indy 🙂 feeling grateful
Congrats to everyone on their scholarships! Has anyone heard anything about waitlist movement yet?
poodwecker
Full Member
Do we think campus placement will be sent out today or next week? In the past, they have been sent out on the first Friday of May, but it may still be too early in the month this year.
I’ve been waiting anxiously all day, not giving up hope until 6pm EST. I saw someone in the 2021 thread say they got the notification at 5:06. Nobody else in any of the other previous years mentioned a time.Do we think campus placement will be sent out today or next week? In the past, they have been sent out on the first Friday of May, but it may still be too early in the month this year.
Update: Nothing in my portal 😭 agony
Last edited:
Has anyone without a scholarship received their campus assignment yet?
nope, not yet. hopefully soon, I’m also hoping for a regional campus that I ranked firstHas anyone without a scholarship received their campus assignment yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel you, hoping for my regional #2. The wait is seriously killing me.nope, not yet. hopefully soon, I’m also hoping for a regional campus that I ranked first
skylinechili
Full Member
anyone know of a fb group for all iusm students for housing purposes?
CallMeAsparagine
Full Member
might be better to look for IUI/IUPUI groups for Indy or the respective undergrad campus since I imagine they'll be more active than any IUSM onesanyone know of a fb group for all iusm students for housing purposes?
Campus placements are out. Got Indy but really wanted Fort Wayne. Really wish they allowed swaps.
Last edited:
poodwecker
Full Member
Do you know for sure that they don’t? There might be someone who got placed in Fort Wayne that really wants IndyCampus placements are out. Got Indy but really wanted Fort Wayne. Really wish they allowed swaps.