-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
Has anyone heard back yet for an ii with a mid-late August complete date lol
Complete early August and still nothing 🙁Has anyone heard back yet for an ii with a mid-late August complete date lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any A's? interviewed one of the first dates in late august and wondering if i should keep wage slaving at waffle house or if i still have a chance at that sweet free tuition
Can we get an SDN discount 👀Any A's? interviewed one of the first dates in late august and wondering if i should keep wage slaving at waffle house or if i still have a chance at that sweet free tuition
pleasantpeanut4
Full Member
Someone on here said their friend got an A a couple weeks ago. I guess the problem with how few people get accepted to Kaiser is that it’s possible we won’t know when they send out AsAny A's? interviewed one of the first dates in late august and wondering if i should keep wage slaving at waffle house or if i still have a chance at that sweet free tuition
Have yet to see one posted by a member here. Every year previously they started sending on 10/20 it looked like. But looks like we’re all just waitingAny A's? interviewed one of the first dates in late august and wondering if i should keep wage slaving at waffle house or if i still have a chance at that sweet free tuition
I heard on some other schools that IIs sent now would be for waitlists. Would this be true for kaiser (or any school at all)?
I don’t think that’s true. Many schools still have lots of IIs to send out.
This is what I was thinking, good to hear that I'm not thinking it alone.I don’t think that’s true. Many schools still have lots of IIs to send out.
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
My friend received an A, she received an ii in August, interviewed in September, and was accepted last month.Any A's? interviewed one of the first dates in late august and wondering if i should keep wage slaving at waffle house or if i still have a chance at that sweet free tuition
pleasantpeanut4
Full Member
Did she interview on September 19th by any chance? Trying to see if I should accept defeat lolMy friend received an A, she received an ii in August, interviewed in September, and was accepted last month.
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
She interviewed September 12, so there's still hope! 🙂Did she interview on September 19th by any chance? Trying to see if I should accept defeat lol
omg IS II!!! LM 74 ORM, im actually shaking
medgirlieee
Full Member
omg congrats!!!! do you mind sharing when you were marked complete?omg IS II!!! LM 74 ORM, im actually shaking
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete 7/7 !omg congrats!!!! do you mind sharing when you were marked complete?
nbwaterman
Full Member
Kaiser will 100% be able to fund another 4 classes’ tuitions with the revenue generated from all the cardiology visits after these god damn emails
Last edited:
Bropro
Full Member
Your profile picture 😭Kaiser well 100% be able to fund another 4 classes’ tuitions with the revenue generated from all the cardiology visits after these god damn emails
anyone have tips for the interview? was it true MMI?
No one has posted other than @ChocolateCookieCake about their friend. Otherwise, no one from any date has heard that uses SDN. Either they are behind this year compared to years past with releasing As, or because so few As are given, our sample size of users are too small and decisions were actually sent from various dates. Until someone posts on here with an A and Interview date, no one knows.Anyone that interviewed 9/26 heard anything? Does silence mean R or W?
IS II received!!! Submitted 6/30
Omg Kaiser pleaseeee
I just want someone to post an A so we can get a data point
D
deleted1124957
Time to catch that A thenI just want someone to post an A so we can get a data point
OOS II received! ORM, complete 8/15
freefoodfriend
Full Member
IS II received!!! Submitted 6/30
Congrats! For those receiving IIs would you mind sharing stats?OOS II received! ORM, complete 8/15
GPA 3.9X, MCAT 527, no pubs. Not much of a mission fit (low clinical hours)
Bropro
Full Member
just your average stats~ 😭GPA 3.9X, MCAT 527, no pubs. Not much of a mission fit (low clinical hours)
Ah stats aren't everything! My pre-II Rs outnumber my IIs :,)just your average stats~ 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM 74.8! ORMCongrats! For those receiving IIs would you mind sharing stats?
okexchange5148
14 II : 2 Pre-II R : 1 R: 2 WL: 1 A
+1 OOS (yesterday) LM 79 complete 7/1
Looks like I'm the first one on SDN, but IS A!!! (interviewed on 10/10) I get to stay in CA 😭
Looks like I'm the first one on SDN, but IS A!!! (interviewed on 10/10) I get to stay in CA 😭
Student2000!
Full Member
wow with that free tuition too, what a dream! Congrats!!!Looks like I'm the first one on SDN, but IS A!!! (interviewed on 10/10) I get to stay in CA 😭
Thank you 🙂wow with that free tuition too, what a dream! Congrats!!!
Congrats! What was your interview date?OOS A!!!! Got an email an hour ago with the subject line “Congrats from KPSOM” saying to check my portal for an update. I’m shaking. I never thought this would happen. I thought I completely bombed the MMIs. What a dream come true.
anyone know if they accept update letters after the interview?
Thank you! 10/17Congrats! What was your interview date?
Has Kaiser sent pre-II Rs?
Does anybody have an idea of what the post-II acceptance rate is?
~16%Does anybody have an idea of what the post-II acceptance rate is?
AHHHHHHHLooks like I'm the first one on SDN, but IS A!!! (interviewed on 10/10) I get to stay in CA 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
curious about this alsoHas Kaiser sent pre-II Rs?
Yup! KPSOM does accept post-II updates! (source, I submitted a post-II update that they accepted)anyone know if they accept update letters after the interview?
pleasantpeanut4
Full Member
Is it a bad idea to send a letter of intent so long after my interview (september)? And if I do, should I upload it as an update or email it to admissions?
I thought admissions said sending a letter of intent should be done in the spring, but update letters can be sent whenever
pleasantpeanut4
Full Member
So I’m guessing that would only apply to those waitlisted?I thought admissions said sending a letter of intent should be done in the spring, but update letters can be sent whenever