2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear any updates from doing the info sesh in September?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the October 6th information session hear anything back yet ?

If I have my info session this coming friday, are they going to send the zoom link beforehand?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone from the October 6th information session hear anything back yet ?
same info sess as you, nothing here, my portal just says thanks, i think other people said we should expect to hear back after nov 15..

Had info session in September still radio silence

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gone to the optional candidate meet and greet before the info session? What’s it like and do they recommend going?

Has anyone gone to the optional candidate meet and greet before the info session? What’s it like and do they recommend going?

Think of a bunch of socially awkward people (I mean that very nicely lol) all on a zoom call and that’s exactly what it is. No admin nothing. Just random candidates asking each other their fav movie etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you.
Is this a R/WL after interview?

ayooooooo just got this update in my portal!!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN- did anyone else get a similar update? I have a feeling this is a waitlist because I'm a reapplicant and the waitlist comes in the mail as well from what I remember
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Congratulations!! If you don’t mind sharing, what did your portal update say before hand? That you’d receive an email or official letter?
The portal says I will recieve a letter in 15 days, it says nothing about an email. But in the email they state that they’re sending emails in addition to letters as the postal service is delayed. I assume anyone who would have recieved an acceptance letter by Nov 15 will or has gotten an email.

Last edited:
Did anyone earlier than October 13 info session hear anything yet?

Nope. Tried to email Elmira for update. They said talk to Erie. Erie won’t return phone calls but I sent an email. No response yet. Frustrating.

The portal says I will recieve a letter in 15 days, it says nothing about an email. But in the email they state that they’re sending emails in addition to letters as the postal service is delayed. I assume anyone who would have recieved an acceptance letter by Nov 15 will or has gotten an email.
So if our portal says 30 days as opposed to 15 days then it is likely we were rejected or wait listed ?

My portal says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". Does anyone know if this signifies a rejection, waitlist, or acceptance ?

My portal says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". Does anyone know if this signifies a rejection, waitlist, or acceptance ?

14 days is typically A or WL and 30 days is typically R or WL or alternate

Anyone else feel like they bombed their interview 🥲 it was so stressful seeing the timer I felt so rushed to say everything I wanted to

Anyone else feel like they bombed their interview 🥲 it was so stressful seeing the timer I felt so rushed to say everything I wanted to
I think a majority of people have felt the same and during previous cycles as well and I am sure the committee also knows the time is not long enough

I see. That is unfortunate. Oh well. Plenty of other fish in the sea.

I will note that one Redditer stated that they knew of someone who got the A for LECOM via a 30-day message so I wouldn’t give up hope!! But the overwhelming majority of A’s have been 14 days.

Reactions: 2 users
14 day notices in portal were R’s too according to last years thread. I don’t think the 14/30 day is the determining factor.

anyone from 9/8 info session hear something? Btw if I am not mistaken, us regular decision applicants will not be notified until AFTER Nov 15th right?

OOS, II. Soonest I could schedule was Dec 1 cuz Nov 10 filled immediately 🥲 Got the email my supplemental was processed 10/2

anyone from 9/8 info session hear something? Btw if I am not mistaken, us regular decision applicants will not be notified until AFTER Nov 15th right?
I was 9/1 info session but spoke on the phone with the admissions director a week after the info session who said that we will hear back after November 15 if we do RD BUT a decision has already been made. Do you see any updates on your portal by any chance? Bc mine still doesn’t have the 14 or 30 day message under Admissions Status.

I will note that one Redditer stated that they knew of someone who got the A for LECOM via a 30-day message so I wouldn’t give up hope!! But the overwhelming majority of A’s have been 14 days.
Oh wow. That is good to hear.

Do we still have others who signed up for EDP not hear anything yet? Portal still says app under review. Kind of crazy they can offer acceptances to others but can’t at least tell me where I stand.

Last edited:
I was 9/1 info session but spoke on the phone with the admissions director a week after the info session who said that we will hear back after November 15 if we do RD BUT a decision has already been made. Do you see any updates on your portal by any chance? Bc mine still doesn’t have the 14 or 30 day message under Admissions Status.
Nothing has changed, still says "
Thank you for interviewing at the Elmira Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application."

Nothing has changed, still says "
Thank you for interviewing at the Elmira Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application."
Okay that’s what mine says too, thanks for letting me know. Praying for the A for us!! 🙏🏻

• Care
Got the email today. Waitlisted. Info Session was 10/6/23. Had the 30 day message on my portal.

Did it sound like they could give you the decision over the phone lol?

Does anyone have like a portal update under elmira but then an Erie application is on the drop down that says "application under review"?

So if I have that message on the portal but no email then is that probably a rejection?
I honestly could not answer your question in good faith. I am inclined to believe that anything is possible. Including an acceptance. So keep your hopes high and remember your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens.