2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did it sound like they could give you the decision over the phone lol?

A handful of people this cycle have posted that they’ve gotten the A via phone- but literally like 1-2?? Def seems to be the rarest method to receive the A. Mailed letter and email are much, much more common.

Members don't see this ad.

My portal status recently changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.". Hope for an A.

My portal status recently changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.". Hope for an A.
Fingers crossed! When was your info sesh?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am regular decision and had my info session 9/8. Still haven't heard back... is this normal?

I honestly could not answer your question in good faith. I am inclined to believe that anything is possible. Including an acceptance. So keep your hopes high and remember your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens.
Thank you for the kind words. Did you get the email a few days after the portal update or was it the same day?

Reactions: 1 user
A general question for anyone who has gotten an A so far, were you ED or RD? I feel like there have been a lot of As so far but not a lot of ED/RD clarification. Us RD applicants are probably refreshing our emails every 25 seconds lol

I am regular decision and had my info session 9/8. Still haven't heard back... is this normal?
RD info session 09/29 - portal update that decision has been made and I'd be notified within 30 days by mail (from what I've seen it's email followed by post mail).

If you haven't checked your LECOM portal yet I would

A general question for anyone who has gotten an A so far, were you ED or RD? I feel like there have been a lot of As so far but not a lot of ED/RD clarification. Us RD applicants are probably refreshing our emails every 25 seconds lol

A for SH and I was ED!

RD info session 09/29 - portal update that decision has been made and I'd be notified within 30 days by mail (from what I've seen it's email followed by post mail).

If you haven't checked your LECOM portal yet I would
just checked and it still says "thank you for interviewing with Elmira....."

Question: are you looking under "admissions > applicant D.O. > check admissions status"? I just wanna make sure I am checking in the right place.

Can’t even get them on the phone.
I have called Elmira several different times to ask questions about my application and they were very helpful. I have never had a problem getting through to them. I was told that they cannot give you what your decision is over the phone.

If you regular decision, you will not get an answer until at least November 15th. That is what the form was saying.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you regular decision, you will not get an answer until at least November 15th. That is what the form was saying.
yea I figured that was the case, but someone here said they were regular decision and got notified thats why I was worried

• Hmm
Accepted folks, anyone know what the individual zoom meeting is about?

Accepted folks, anyone know what the individual zoom meeting is about?

Individual zoom meeting? 0.o I’m not sure I’ve read about that & I’ve been accepted (to SH) and completed all of the matriculation packet requirements. There’s a group zoom info session prior to getting the A. Unless you’re talking about the 1-on-1 meeting with the APAP Director if you’re applying that route, which is also prior to getting the A. Maybe it’s different for Elmira…? But I haven’t read about anything of the sort on Reddit or SDN

Individual zoom meeting? 0.o I’m not sure I’ve read about that & I’ve been accepted (to SH) and completed all of the matriculation packet requirements. There’s a group zoom info session prior to getting the A. Unless you’re talking about the 1-on-1 meeting with the APAP Director if you’re applying that route, which is also prior to getting the A. Maybe it’s different for Elmira…? But I haven’t read about anything of the sort on Reddit or SDN

No no, I’ve been accepted to Elmira since early September. Ms. Angela Wood sent out a group email to some of us about one on one zoom meetings. I believe they’re orientation-like sessions in case we have any questions since we haven’t heard anything since our acceptances, but I wanted to know if anyone else has done this already.

No no, I’ve been accepted to Elmira since early September. Ms. Angela Wood sent out a group email to some of us about one on one zoom meetings. I believe they’re orientation-like sessions in case we have any questions since we haven’t heard anything since our acceptances, but I wanted to know if anyone else has done this already.
I did it! It was super laid back and Ms. Wood is super helpful. She just answered any questions and talked about matriculation packet stuff

Reactions: 1 users
just got selected as an alternate. interviewed 10/20. Is alternate the same as a waitlist?

I think waitlist and alternate are the same. Anyone corrects me if I’m wrong.

According to Reddit threads from this cycle, LECOM’s alt is the backup to the actual WL. I don’t know exactly what that means. But apparently people on the alt list have called to clarify and that’s the answer they’ve been given

According to Reddit threads from this cycle, LECOM’s alt is the backup to the actual WL. I don’t know exactly what that means. But apparently people on the alt list have called to clarify and that’s the answer they’ve been given
wow. It seems alternate is a soft R at LECOM

Alternate. Interview 10/20. so sad:(

• Care
I'm wondering if there is anyone accpeted from the interview on 10/20 or they just waitlisted everyone

Anyone from 10/13 hear anything? Mine still says thank you. I guess they're not doing it in order if 10/20's heard back already?

Has anyone who has been waitlisted experienced any movement ?

It's Nov. 15 so us RD applicants should hopefully be hearing back soon....Interviewed 9/1. Any RD applicants see any updates on their portal yet? Mine still says "The Admission Status portlet below will NOT show that your application has been received UNTIL we process it into our system - this is not an instant change. Please do not complete another application."

It's Nov. 15 so us RD applicants should hopefully be hearing back soon....Interviewed 9/1. Any RD applicants see any updates on their portal yet? Mine still says "The Admission Status portlet below will NOT show that your application has been received UNTIL we process it into our system - this is not an instant change. Please do not complete another application."
Hopefully, my info session was 10/27 so It might take me longer but if you wouldn’t mind keep us updated on how long it takes for them to contact you?

Hopefully, my info session was 10/27 so It might take me longer but if you wouldn’t mind keep us updated on how long it takes for them to contact you?
No problem yes I’ll come back and update you and this thread when I hear back!

Hi! I was also 10/27 (I was insect collector gal!) I called in and they said I would be getting something in the mail next week. Unsure what that means haha. Anyone else on 10/27?

Last edited:
Portal just updated to, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Info session 9/8/23. Anyone know what this might mean?

Portal just updated to, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Info session 9/8/23. Anyone know what this might mean?

Based on others’ responses likely an R, WL, or alt but A isn’t out of the question. I think more A’s have gotten the 14-day message though vs the 30-day message.

Based on others’ responses likely an R, WL, or alt but A isn’t out of the question. I think more A’s have gotten the 14-day message though vs the 30-day message.
oh well, bright side is I am excited to check my mail when i get home now haha.

oh well, bright side is I am excited to check my mail when i get home now haha.
No correlation with the amount of days. Went through the past few years of threads and it’a random. 14 and 30 day doesn’t designate anything specifically some have got R 14 days and some A 30. Simply means they made a decision

Reactions: 4 users
Information session on 11/3 and just received the 14 day notice. Any ideas if this is good or bad news.

Information session on 11/3 and just received the 14 day notice. Any ideas if this is good or bad news.
No correlation with the amount of days. Went through the past few years of threads and it’a random. 14 and 30 day doesn’t designate anything specifically some have got R 14 days and some A 30. Simply means they made a decision

thats so odd that some people get 14 days and some people 30 days. Maybe you live closer and it takes a shorter time for mail to send... idk? just a guess what state are you from? Im from MI. All in all, I kinda like the physical letter in the mail concept. Idk just the feeling of opening a letter that has ur fate literally sealed inside haha.

Last edited:
thats so odd that some people get 14 days and some people 30 days. Maybe you live closer? what state are you from? Im from MI. All in all, I kinda like the physical letter in the mail concept. Idk just the feeling of opening a letter that has ur fate literally sealed inside haha.
Where did you receive a notice cause I don’t think I got a specific time?

Where did you receive a notice cause I don’t think I got a specific time?
I checked under "view admission status" and it changed from the usual "thanks for interviewing...." to "a decision has been made..." and im going to get something via mail.

I checked under "view admission status" and it changed from the usual "thanks for interviewing...." to "a decision has been made..." and im going to get something via mail.
Did you get a notification that your portal changed or did you happen to just check randomly?

Anyone from the 10/27 info session hear back yet or have a portal change?

Did you get a notification that your portal changed or did you happen to just check randomly?
no i just check 24/7 like a maniac LOL especially recently bc I know regular decision will be notified following nov 15 and yesterday I HAD to check and sure enough, it updated that same day. Im guessing it was bc I interviewed pretty early and have been waiting quite a while

Anyone from the 10/27 info session hear back yet or have a portal change?
Not yet! Call in, they’ll tell you if you’ll be getting a letter soon. I should be getting one next week!!

no i just check 24/7 like a maniac LOL especially recently bc I know regular decision will be notified following nov 15 and yesterday I HAD to check and sure enough, it updated that same day. Im guessing it was bc I interviewed pretty early and have been waiting quite a while
Ugh I wish my portal updated yesterday like yours, I interviewed 9/1 and am still waiting to hear anything 😭 I’ve tried to call in to see if someone can tell me when I should expect a letter but no one in admissions is picking up. I’ve also been refreshing the portal like crazy LOL.