2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my info session on 11/16 and haven’t heard anything and my portal still says “We’ll update you when the admission committee makes a decision.”

Should I call??

Members don't see this ad.

I had my info session on 11/16 and haven’t heard anything and my portal still says “We’ll update you when the admission committee makes a decision.”

Should I call??

Info session 9/12 and same thing. I called previously, and they said they decide based on what learning pathway you chose. I think they are doing LDP now.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when people who have been waitlisted will hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my A, you all deserve it and I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Info session 12/28. Portal change today with 30 day notice. Any idea when we receive THE email with decision? What's the difference between 14 day and 30 day notice? Anybody received A with 30 day notice?

Has anyone from the 12/19 session for Erie gotten a portal change?

Info session 12/28. Portal change today with 30 day notice. Any idea when we receive THE email with decision? What's the difference between 14 day and 30 day notice? Anybody received A with 30 day notice?
In previous cycles I think there was a correlation but IIRC this cycle both have lead to As

Reactions: 1 users
What pathway did you choose?

I sent an email to confirm my position for waitlist 2 weeks earlier than the deadline, double checked with them to confirm if they received it with 0 response, called (did not pick up), and they got back to me after the deadline to tell me they didn't receive it and withdrew my application. This was p unprofessional and a turn off tbh.
Did u have the 30 day notice online status update before receiving the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
9/12 info session. LDP pathway. 30 day message yesterday on portal; I did not receive any email notifications

Did anyone from the 11/28 information session receive an A for the PBL pathway?

Info session 10/12. Waitlisted by email just now. I just can’t win lol

• Care
Finally heard back today. 9/12 info session- LDP Pathway. Waitlisted but will be removing myself from the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Wait listed at Elmira just now. 30 day notice same day. Info Session 1/9. Cross-posted to LECOM- Elmira

Got a voicemail last Friday(1/19) asking if I was still interested. I work a lot and could not respond until the following Monday. Got the acceptance letter for PBL path via email the next day. Will be withdrawing the A, as this week I’ve also received A’s to schools higher on my list. Hope the spot goes to one of ya’ll!! Good luck! 😀

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got a voicemail last Friday(1/19) asking if I was still interested. I work a lot and could not respond until the following Monday. Got the acceptance letter for PBL path via email the next day. Will be withdrawing the A, as this week I’ve also received A’s to schools higher on my list. Hope the spot goes to one of ya’ll!! Good luck! 😀
Hi, when was your info session? also, did they only call or email also? thanks!

Hi, when was your info session? also, did they only call or email also? thanks!
Info session was 11/21. They called to ask if I was still interested on 1/19 (I was at work and couldn’t answer) and then also emailed to ask. I responded yes to the email, and they sent me an email with the acceptance letter attached like 2 days later. They did not call to notify me of acceptance. Also some extra info for folks wondering about portal messages: My portal didn’t change from your file is being reviewed until after I got the acceptance email. Now my portal shows “admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days”.

OOS A received yesterday!! My first acceptance after being waitlisted multiple times and getting WL by PCOM the day before 😵‍💫 LM 71 info session 12/5, PBL track

• Love
OOS A received yesterday!! My first acceptance after being waitlisted multiple times and getting WL by PCOM the day before 😵‍💫 LM 71 info session 12/5, PBL track
Congrats! You did it!!!!!! Did they wait list you first? Or was it a straight acceptance? Either way good for you!

Info session was 11/21. They called to ask if I was still interested on 1/19 (I was at work and couldn’t answer) and then also emailed to ask. I responded yes to the email, and they sent me an email with the acceptance letter attached like 2 days later. They did not call to notify me of acceptance. Also some extra info for folks wondering about portal messages: My portal didn’t change from your file is being reviewed until after I got the acceptance email. Now my portal shows “admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days”.
Thank you!

Congrats! You did it!!!!!! Did they wait list you first? Or was it a straight acceptance? Either way good for you!
Thanks! It was a straight acceptance, I had a similar experience as elind97

Interviewed back in October and haven't heard a thing. Anyone else in same boat?

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users