2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate list today
Info session Dec13

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone from 11/14 info session hear back? Silence for me 🥲

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 10/31. Tried asking people and the internet what not being WL’d/R/A means. I have a few theories. Can someone give a simple answer what this means.

+1 10/31. Tried asking people and the internet what not being WL’d/R/A means. I have a few theories. Can someone give a simple answer what this means.
If you mean what do those acronyms stand for on the SDN forum: WL - waitlisted, R - Rejected/Rejection, A - Accepted/Acceptance

Edit: totally misread your question. I too have many theories about what not receiving a determination means, but no singular, simple definitive answer for you, friend. :(

Last edited:
Anyone know what the class size at LECOM Erie? I’ve seen a lot of different numbers online.

Reactions: 1 users
emailed yesterday asking if I was still interested in lecom. PCSP pathway. Portal change today. Info session 10/12

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
emailed yesterday asking if I was still interested in lecom. PCSP pathway. Portal change today. Info session 10/12
I got the same email for PCSP yesterday and let them know I'm still interested. My portal was updated to let me know I'll have the decision in 30 days. Info session 11/21. Here's to hoping for the best!

I haven't checked my portal for a bit, but I noticed today it changed to:

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Info session was 10/12!

I haven't checked my portal for a bit, but I noticed today it changed to:

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Info session was 10/12!
Same here

Fun fact: after I received and replied to my Waitlist emails my portal changed from the 30 day message to this

You have been placed on LECOM at Elmira's Waiting List. Please contact the Erie Office of Admissions at 814-866-6641 if you would like to be removed from the list.

Cross posted to LECOM-Elmira thread.

Fun fact: after I received and replied to my Waitlist emails my portal changed from the 30 day message to this

You have been placed on LECOM at Elmira's Waiting List. Please contact the Erie Office of Admissions at 814-866-6641 if you would like to be removed from the list.

Cross posted to LECOM-Elmira thread.
You replied to the original email about getting on WL? I sent them a reply about my decision through mail several days ago.

You replied to the original email about getting on WL? I sent them a reply about my decision through mail several days ago.
Yeah I only got an emails so far. Both stating that a letter would be in the mail but to complete the below form and return via email (see bottom of form below due date). BUT I do want to emphasize 1. I still haven't gotten my snail mailed letter(s?) And 2. that I received two emails offering me a spot on the waitlist, both at the Elmira campus and both with different due dates and instructing me to send my response each to a different email. I completed both forms and sent them to the emails as instructed.

My suggestion: do whatever your specific Waitlist Form instructs.
1000003600.png

Last edited:
Yeah I only got an emails so far. Both stating that a letter would be in the mail but to complete the below form and return via email (see bottom of form below due date). BUT I do want to emphasize 1. I still haven't gotten my snail mailed letter(s?) And 2. that I received two emails offering me a spot on the waitlist, both at the Elmira campus and both with different due dates and instructing me to send my response each to a different email. I completed both forms and sent them to the emails as instructed.

My suggestion: do whatever your specific Waitlist Form instructs.
View attachment 382044
Ahh gotcha. I only got an email telling me to send it to their admissions on campus so that's what I did. I just hope it gets there before the deadline they gave me.

Hi everyone! I was checking my portal today and it changed to say that:

I was just wondering if this means rejection? I read that for some people, that their applicant portal changed to accepted for LECOM.

Edit: sorry I was freaking out and didn't read the previous replies! I am assuming they released decisions for many applicants today

Hi everyone! I was checking my portal today and it changed to say that:

I was just wondering if this means rejection? I read that for some people, that their applicant portal changed to accepted for LECOM.

Edit: sorry I was freaking out and didn't read the previous replies! I am assuming they released decisions for many applicants today
Yeah you should be okie! I saw people opt into informed delivery with UPS so you can track the letter :)

I just received the "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."
I am hopeful that I will get the A or WL but not holding my breath (I did sign up for USPS informed delivery though haha).

I got the same email for PCSP yesterday and let them know I'm still interested. My portal was updated to let me know I'll have the decision in 30 days. Info session 11/21. Here's to hoping for the best!
My status just changed to “under review.” Preparing myself for the R.

oh god me too :censored:
Did you also get a text or email yesterday with the “thanks for interviewing” message? I got it when I did my info session 11/21 but for some reason got it again yesterday.

I literally forgot I applied to this school but I got a message back in like September that a decision was made and I’d hear from them in 30 days…ofc we are now in February so what do I do lol

Did you also get a text or email yesterday with the “thanks for interviewing” message? I got it when I did my info session 11/21 but for some reason got it again yesterday.
nope the only text message I got from them was the "you've been selected for an interview" back when I was offered the interview

Got the thanks for interviewing email in November, but nothing yesterday (My info sess was 11/14). Maybe there was a glitch? or maybe it indicates a rejection for me :rofl:

I got an email about a waitlist follow up. They said they contract review things daily and, said “Please respond if you have moved in another direction and no longer wish to be on our waitlist.“

What does this mean?

I got an email about a waitlist follow up. They said they contract review things daily and, said “Please respond if you have moved in another direction and no longer wish to be on our waitlist.“

What does this mean?
if you have other As and/or waitlist spots that you'd prefer over LECOM they wanna know so they can give that waitlist spot to someone else

Reactions: 2 users
I just received the "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."
I am hopeful that I will get the A or WL but not holding my breath (I did sign up for USPS informed delivery though haha).
For some reason my application status changed from this to " Your application is under review."

Is that some kind of glitch? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

For some reason my application status changed from this to " Your application is under review."

Is that some kind of glitch? Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Same thing with me too. Have your folder items updated at all?

mine said thank you for interviewing and now it changed to "your application is under review"

Beginning of jan
I think they are reviewing your applications for a decision then. This would be about the time. I know that the adcom team is supposed to meet on Wednesdays about recent info session candidates! Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Love
I think they are reviewing your applications for a decision then. This would be about the time. I know that the second team is supposed to meet on Wednesdays about recent info session candidates! Good luck!
thank you for letting me know! its been an exhausting cycle (2nd time applicant) - I haven't heard back from anyone yet. so i hope this is it!!

*Adcom team sorry

this school sucks, i sent the confirm my spot on the waitlist paper and they never confirmed it. they just removed me off the “waitlist” even after i sent it to them twice. **** school. good luck to everyone else

• Sad
this school sucks, i sent the confirm my spot on the waitlist paper and they never confirmed it. they just removed me off the “waitlist” even after i sent it to them twice. **** school. good luck to everyone else
I am sorry that happened to you. Did you try calling the Admissions office?

Just got an interest call. Second one. Info session Oct 12 PBL pathway

Same thing with me too. Have your folder items updated at all?

Same exact this happened to me! I checked the other day and had the 30 day message. Then it switched back to under review. Their process is laughable lol.

Same exact this happened to me! I checked the other day and had the 30 day message. Then it switched back to under review. Their process is laughable lol.
I asked about it and they said it’s something along the lines of a tech issue 🥲