2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten a R post interview? (Not including a referral to MMS program)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
can anyone comment about waitlist movement

Members don't see this ad :)
How long generally do people wait post information session to hear for their decisions? Either when you saw your portal update post interview or when you received the physical mail/email?

Portal changed on 11/22 and I still haven't received anything in mail or by email.

How long generally do people wait post information session to hear for their decisions? Either when you saw your portal update post interview or when you received the physical mail/email?

As many others have noted, days to months so don’t count on any particular time frame.

As many others have noted, days to months so don’t count on any particular time frame.
Interesting! They told me during my info session they meet weekly and they try to get decisions out within 4 weeks. Just trying to gather some more info on the post interview process

When did you do your info session if you don't mind sharing?
My info session was 10/6 and the portal changed 11/22 to 30 day message. Last year I got the 30 day message and it was a R (referral to MMS program) but I got the mail like 4 days after my portal changed. This year I also got the 30 day message but its been almost 10 days and still no mail.

Reactions: 1 users
My info session was 10/6 and the portal changed 11/22 to 30 day message. Last year I got the 30 day message and it was a R (referral to MMS program) but I got the mail like 4 days after my portal changed. This year I also got the 30 day message but its been almost 10 days and still no mail.
That’s so interesting!! When you got the R last year (I did too hahaha) did they send you mail too or was it just online? Also you should try to contact the school about your 30 day notice since it’s been 10 days already :)

That’s so interesting!! When you got the R last year (I did too hahaha) did they send you mail too or was it just online? Also you should try to contact the school about your 30 day notice since it’s been 10 days already :)
Nope, it was just via mail. I think others last year also got via mail, and some got an A through email. I guess this year they changed things? Not sure. And I think I will call it is a little weird!

Nope, it was just via mail. I think others last year also got via mail, and some got an A through email. I guess this year they changed things? Not sure. And I think I will call it is a little weird!
+1 portal changed same time as you and still waiting for my mail :)

I also applied last year and got the R but I never got a physical mail about it lol!!! If I look at my portal last year for Erie still says my application is under review but Elmira changed to a reject notice hahaha. I’m so lost on the way their portal works

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied last year and got the R but I never got a physical mail about it lol!!! If I look at my portal last year for Erie still says my application is under review but Elmira changed to a reject notice hahaha. I’m so lost on the way their portal works
Similar for me, I interviewed with Elmira, and under there is says "Under review" but for Erie it says the 30 days. (For me this is the same set up as last year)
Also just called, Elmira and they did not answer, but Erie did and they said it's been mailed out so it should be expected soon. The lady was super grouchy on the phone lol and did not give me a time frame.

Similar for me, I interviewed with Elmira, and under there is says "Under review" but for Erie it says the 30 days. (For me this is the same set up as last year)
Also just called, Elmira and they did not answer, but Erie did and they said it's been mailed out so it should be expected soon. The lady was super grouchy on the phone lol and did not give me a time frame.
When ranking the campuses after interview, did you have Elmira as your top choice or Erie?

When ranking the campuses after interview, did you have Elmira as your top choice or Erie?
Elmira both times. Last year I remember someone said that all decisions get made by Erie. (Not sure if that's true though)

So realistically, how bad does it look if I forgot and submitted the pathway selection form 1 day after the due date....

So realistically, how bad does it look if I forgot and submitted the pathway selection form 1 day after the due date....
I don't think it automatically takes you out may only delay slightly. Just get it in ASAP and should be fine.

Elmira both times. Last year I remember someone said that all decisions get made by Erie. (Not sure if that's true though)
Suzanne told us at my info session after my interview that they get to make the decisions at Elmira now! If that's really true it sounds great for us! :love:

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!!!!!! I saw previously you posted that you were waitlisted. Have they started pulling off of the list ?
Thank you!! :) I would believe so since I got the A and I was waitlisted previously!

I called Elmira today and they said that sometimes they pull people off the waitlist in December, but the majority of movement starts in April and goes into July.

Portal changed on 11/22 and still haven't got an email or letter in mail. What a R!

30 day update for me. Info sesh was early October

Update for anyone wondering, I got the R (referral to MMS). I was told by Elmira over the phone that I would get my decision over email, I asked about physical mail and she said she was not sure, but she would contact Dustin at Erie who would send out the batch emails, and I should get it soon. (Dustin is the director of the MMS program so..) :( Anyways, I wish everyone else luck!

• Care
Update for anyone wondering, I got the R (referral to MMS). I was told by Elmira over the phone that I would get my decision over email, I asked about physical mail and she said she was not sure, but she would contact Dustin at Erie who would send out the batch emails, and I should get it soon. (Dustin is the director of the MMS program so..) :( Anyways, I wish everyone else luck!
Sorry to hear that. Did u get the 30 day or 14 day update on the portal??

For those who sent the physical mail for the deposit how long did it take for it to process and did you get any further email for matriculation requirements?

For those who sent the physical mail for the deposit how long did it take for it to process and did you get any further email for matriculation requirements?

Dang did you have the option to not do a physical check? SH gave us no other option lol. My check cleared like 2 weeks after tracking # confirmed it had been delivered. And yeah you get emailed out a whole packet with a 30-ish day due date: urine drug and alcohol screen, immunizations, titers, TB, a physical signed by your doc, PMHx, the whole shebang.

Dang did you have the option to not do a physical check? SH gave us no other option lol. My check cleared like 2 weeks after tracking # confirmed it had been delivered. And yeah you get emailed out a whole packet with a 30-ish day due date: urine drug and alcohol screen, immunizations, titers, TB, a physical signed by your doc, PMHx, the whole shebang.
Unfortunately physical check only they can’t accept online payments for whatever reason.

Does anybody know how big the cohort size is for Elmira?

• Hmm
Does anybody know how big the cohort size is for Elmira?

IMG_1618.jpg

Had the 14 day message and just got alternate list:/ did we find out if the AL was the same as the WL? Did anyone else who got AL get the form to confirm their spot on the list too?

Had 30 day message update and got WL not AL. But I got AL for LECOM-bradenton

Had the 14 day message and just got alternate list:/ did we find out if the AL was the same as the WL? Did anyone else who got AL get the form to confirm their spot on the list too?

Alt is backup to WL

Info session was 10/13, but still nothing on my portal or in the mail...

• Wow
I was accepted today off of the waitlist! Group Interview was 10/20

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
For folks wondering about if alternate list is backup to waitlist, this is what I received when asking LECOM-Bradenton. Could it be possible that at the LECOM Erie campuses they use the term waitlist and at Bradenton they use the term alternate? If there truly is a waitlist AND alternate list for each campus, it is odd that on the SDN thread for Bradenton people only talk about being on alternate list(and not a waitlist) and that on this thread there seems to be mostly mentions of a waitlist. To be fair I have not delved super far into this forum to check for WL/AL mentions as this is one of my lower choices of schools (would rather go Bradenton) and have got A elsewhere. (For reference: I was placed as alternate for Bradenton, had info sesh for the Erie campuses 11/21 and had no correspondence from Erie yet). Or, could it also be possible that at Erie they have WL and AL, and at Bradenton they only do AL? the whole concept of alternate is kinda weird TBH, does anyone know if there’s any other schools out there that do alternate acceptance in place of WL, or as WL backup?

Attachments

• IMG_9123.png
    IMG_9123.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
For folks wondering about if alternate list is backup to waitlist, this is what I received when asking LECOM-Bradenton. Could it be possible that at the LECOM Erie campuses they use the term waitlist and at Bradenton they use the term alternate? If there truly is a waitlist AND alternate list for each campus, it is odd that on the SDN thread for Bradenton people only talk about being on alternate list(and not a waitlist) and that on this thread there seems to be mostly mentions of a waitlist. To be fair I have not delved super far into this forum to check for WL/AL mentions as this is one of my lower choices of schools (would rather go Bradenton) and have got A elsewhere. (For reference: I was placed as alternate for Bradenton, had info sesh for the Erie campuses 11/21 and had no correspondence from Erie yet). Or, could it also be possible that at Erie they have WL and AL, and at Bradenton they only do AL? the whole concept of alternate is kinda weird TBH, does anyone know if there’s any other schools out there that do alternate acceptance in place of WL, or as WL backup?
I think the terms are used interchangeably. Just my opinion.I was placed on alternate list for Elmira.