You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Massachusetts
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I feel you. 🙃Interviewed 11/1 for MD and 11/15 for PURCH. Still waiting to hear back :/ Seems like there is not much consistency in status updates for A/R/W
I was waitlisted in October like a week after interviewing!Does anyone know if anyone else has been waitlisted? I’m grateful for getting WL’d when so many r still waiting but it kinda makes me nervous that no one on here has reported getting WL’d besides me… I know I’m overthinking but just asking. Is it a bad look that I was WL’d so early?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lobsterroll
Full Member
do you guys know when they meet? Is it every week and/or even right after the interview?
BitofNothin
Full Member
Who tf even knows what they are planning anymore 💀I was waitlisted in October like a week after interviewing!
i received mine about 5 days later!Hi everyone! I recently got accepted to UMass, I was wondering how long most people had to wait before getting the Criminal Background Check in their email?
D
deleted1177695
bruh ain't no way they're done with A's right?
For_the_birds
New Member
Considering they're still interviewing people, I'm going to say nobruh ain't no way they're done with A's right?
thetopraman
Full Member
Today has sadly been very silent. Also I don’t want to get rid of hope yet but from previous year threads after they stopped sending As it was only WL and Rs.
also interviewed 1/26 and have not heard back yetInterviewed 1/26 (Regular MD), if 2/6 was their most recent A does that mean its probably an R or WL?
noblesmk
Full Member
I wonder when they start giving out rejections and waitlists. I'm in-state and I interviewed Nov 13th for Lahey and Dec 8th for MD. I only have two interview invites and Umass being my top choice I really want to get in but I'm starting to lose hope every Friday, when I interviewed they said they'll get back to us by the end of January.
curbyourenthusiasm
Full Member
Feeling similarly. Enjoy your weekend free of emails! Hang in there ❤️I wonder when they start giving out rejections and waitlists. I'm in-state and I interviewed Nov 13th for Lahey and Dec 8th for MD. I only have two interview invites and Umass being my top choice I really want to get in but I'm starting to lose hope every Friday, when I interviewed they said they'll get back to us by the end of January.
Turtleduck99
Full Member
To all those who received IIs today, when were you complete? Asking for a friend
Complete 8/12
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rep_kestrel
Full Member
Has anyone sent or thinking about sending a second letter of intent post Interview?
D
deleted1177695
They actually told us during an interview to not send them more letters and that they do not really want them. Was anybody else told this?Has anyone sent or thinking about sending a second letter of intent post Interview?
They told us basically that since we applied, they already know we're still interested in attending
I also suspect that they're really behind and can't be bothered reading more things
arbitrarystudent
New Member
Hi! New to the thread and judging by what I’ve read so far, most acceptances are from interviews after january, which congrats if you are one of them! I interviewed late August and haven’t heard a single word from them yet. just wondering, has anyone who has interviewed this long ago gotten any updates?
I and many others interviewed early September (close enough) and haven't heard back yet. I think everyone also needs to keep in mind that only a handful of interviewed applicants can be presented to the committee whenever they meet, hence why the admissions office tells us that it all depends on when your app gets brought up. Previous years have shown that plenty of people who interviewed in Aug/Sept heard back with A's long after they interviewed.Hi! New to the thread and judging by what I’ve read so far, most acceptances are from interviews after january, which congrats if you are one of them! I interviewed late August and haven’t heard a single word from them yet. just wondering, has anyone who has interviewed this long ago gotten any updates?
The people on this thread and previous years' threads who received an post-II R or WL have stated that they got this decision shortly after their interview date. In my attempt to think positively, I like to put it this way - no news is not necessarily bad news. If you haven't heard back yet, it's not a rejection and you still are in the running 🤷🏽♀️. So everyone needs to chill and stop being so neurotic...go keep yourself busy with work/school/hobbies, because you're not making yourself or others here feel better.
D
deleted1170884
Simply wondering what the status of your app is 6 months post interview is not neurotic.I and many others interviewed early September (close enough) and haven't heard back yet. I think everyone also needs to keep in mind that only a handful of interviewed applicants can be presented to the committee whenever they meet, hence why the admissions office tells us that it all depends on when your app gets brought up. Previous years have shown that plenty of people who interviewed in Aug/Sept heard back with A's long after they interviewed.
The people on this thread and previous years' threads who received an post-II R or WL have stated that they got this decision shortly after their interview date. In my attempt to think positively, I like to put it this way - no news is not necessarily bad news. If you haven't heard back yet, it's not a rejection and you still are in the running 🤷🏽♀️. So everyone needs to chill and stop being so neurotic...go keep yourself busy with work/school/hobbies, because you're not making yourself or others here feel better.
pandapremed
Full Member
Has anyone who has been admitted been offered any scholarships? I know need based stuff is delayed with the fafsa, but wondering if merit or other scholarships have gone out.
Does anyone know how the MD/MBA works? Is it something that we apply for once we matriculate? Does anyone know the cost?
T.H. Chan School of Medicine MBA Timeline
T.H. Chan School of Medicine MBA Timeline
MD is offered through UMass Chan, MBA is offered (hybrid) through UMass Lowell. If you are interested in the MD/MBA program, the secondary application had this option for you to apply to it. If you didn't do this, you can check with the admissions office if you are accepted to see if you can matriculate into the dual degree program?
Cost of Dual-Degree Program = MD tuition + MBA tuition + Cost of Living
Same here :/ do we know what the status is with Lahey acceptances? It doesnt seem like too many have happened in the thread yet ...Feeling similarly. Enjoy your weekend free of emails! Hang in there ❤️
rep_kestrel
Full Member
Did anyone get a R from Lahey/Purch but an A for reg MD?
tennisfan72
Full Member
has anyone who interviewed for MD & PURCH in January heard back yet? I have only seen some MD As from Jan interviews so just wondering !
D
deleted1169403
68 (but not everyone has a Facebook)do we know how many people are in the accepted students fb group? just to have an idea of how many As have been given out yet
after looking at past year's threads (2021-2022, 2022-2023) it seems like march onwards is when only WL offers start coming out. The straightaway As seem to be done. Do you think that's the case this year? Should we be mentally preparing for WLs, if anything?
D
deleted1170884
I noticed that as well. Also, there is a lot of conflicting info in this current thread, some might be straight misinformation, some may be misunderstanding, and some may be correct based on what they heard during their interview. Some people say that your file is presented based on interview date. Some people say that your file is presented based on its overall strength/competitiveness. Not sure if umass is running behind this year, compared to last year. Some communication from the school would be nice.after looking at past year's threads (2021-2022, 2022-2023) it seems like march onwards is when only WL offers start coming out. The straightaway As seem to be done. Do you think that's the case this year? Should we be mentally preparing for WLs, if anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
longsocks16
Full Member
Would it be bad to email asking for an update… interviewed in Jan and haven’t heard anything from here or any other school for that matter yet lol I’m starting to lose it
for the sake of all of us, please do. I was considering itWould it be bad to email asking for an update… interviewed in Jan and haven’t heard anything from here or any other school for that matter yet lol I’m starting to lose it
D
deleted1169403
No, it's not bad to ask for an update. I think everyone who has been waiting for months and months should take initiative and call/emailWould it be bad to email asking for an update… interviewed in Jan and haven’t heard anything from here or any other school for that matter yet lol I’m starting to lose it
cpr_girl_summer
Full Member
I just emailed yesterday since I interviewed in November and got the non-answer of "Decisions are made on a rolling basis, so you can expect to hear from us by the end of April." Best of luck to anyone else trying to contact the admissions office!
It seems like a large amount of interviewees from aug-november still haven't heard back. I interviewed in January and haven't heard back. Also, it seems like many of the Lahey interviewees haven't heard back yet. Maybe I'm being delusional, but it seems like there are still a lot of As to give out ??? especially if the accepted students fb page is only at 68.... and if there was a wave of interview invites last week... I have a hard time believing that we are transitioning to the phase of waitlist offers only, but maybe this is just what I'm telling myself to remain hopeful.
I didn't even know there was a FB group oop68 (but not everyone has a Facebook)
pandapremed
Full Member
Same, was it in an email? Last I checked the second look page, there was a link to the 2027 group
D
deleted1169403
I searched it on Facebook groups and joined, there was no advertisement for it that I received...Same, was it in an email? Last I checked the second look page, there was a link to the 2027 group
D
deleted1169403
I spoke too soon - they just sent a Second Look email with the 2028 page linked.Same, was it in an email? Last I checked the second look page, there was a link to the 2027 group
tennisfan72
Full Member
if you don't mind, what dates are the second look ? trying to figure out if its likely to get a decision back by then hahaI spoke too soon - they just sent a Second Look email with the 2028 page linked.
Second Look Eventsif you don't mind, what dates are the second look ? trying to figure out if its likely to get a decision back by then haha
Thursday, April 4:
Kick-Off Evening Social: 7-9 p.m. EST
Friday, April 5:
Second Look Day: 8:45 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST
supercooper21
Full Member
if you don't mind, what dates are the second look ? trying to figure out if its likely to get a decision back by then haha
4/5 is the “true” second look day. There are MD/PhD activities on 4/3 and MD/PhD, Lahey, and DEI events on 4/4
I believe April 3/4, this is what they told us on my interview day but not confirmed since I'm not accepted and havent received a second look email haha (cry)if you don't mind, what dates are the second look ? trying to figure out if its likely to get a decision back by then haha
ok ignore me. just seeing the above responsesI believe April 3/4, this is what they told us on my interview day but not confirmed since I'm not accepted and havent received a second look email haha (cry)
Is anyone going to the inclusive connections and belonging event during second look?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
I signed up for it in the form but I couldn't really find any information about what it exactly was...Is anyone going to the inclusive connections and belonging event during second look?
These descriptions were under the more info button!I signed up for it in the form but I couldn't really find any information about what it exactly was...
Attachments
donutdawgs
Full Member
Interviewed for PURCH end of Jan and haven’t heard back! Assuming it’s because there’s two committees that would review our application.has anyone who interviewed for MD & PURCH in January heard back yet? I have only seen some MD As from Jan interviews so just wondering !
getintoityuh
New Member
I just looked up the Facebook group and there’s 176 members now…