2023-2024 Massachusetts

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I had known that PURCH applicants hear back much later, I would have just applied to the regular MD track. 🙁
+1 seeing people who interviewed MD getting As in a few weeks is making me very anxious as someone waiting for > 2 months (but I know
people on this sub have been waiting since sept so who knows when we will hear back)
 
+1 seeing people who interviewed MD getting As in a few weeks is making me very anxious as someone waiting for > 2 months (but I know
people on this sub have been waiting since sept so who knows when we will hear back)

I interviewed regular MD in November and still haven’t heard anything. There’s some people who interviewed regular MD in August and haven’t heard back either.
 
Idk if its a bad sign per say, I got my decision for MD (wl) but I interviewed also for purch in november but I think I was rejected from purch since they didn't give me an offer.
 
Last edited:
Can anybody send me the link for the Facebook group? I'm trying to figure out things. How do I sign up for the 2nd look
 
I interviewed regular MD 12/15 last year and have not heard back-not even an active consideration.

Does anyone know if there was anyone who was accepted and did not get an AC email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed regular MD 12/15 last year and have not heard back-not even an active consideration.

Does anyone know if there was anyone who was accepted and did not get an AC email?
I was WL’d but it was radio silence from interview in mid October to WL in early Jan. Seems like similar sentiments as to the lack of communication from admissions have been echoed throughout the forum
 
Just saw this while scrolling through Reddit:
IMG_6064.jpeg


As for everyone! Except those who are from Mass, to hell with them, right?

Like just become a private school at this point.
 
For clinical rotations, are they all at the UMass memorial hospital? I don’t get why you would have to travel far for rotations if there’s an academic hospital associated with the school, can anyone clarify this?
 
Just saw this while scrolling through Reddit:

As for everyone! Except those who are from Mass, to hell with them, right?

Like just become a private school at this point.

It's okay, lets take a step back and breathe. While it may be frustrating to be in a situation where you are waiting for months, it is the game of most schools. Also, you are an accepted applicant, you are in a good place my friend, many of us are waiting for any school to take us. Believe in the process and let things play out. No need to stress over something you have no control over.

If you want someone to blow off some steam too, feel free to rant in my DMs. I'll be happy to lend an ear.
 
For clinical rotations, are they all at the UMass memorial hospital? I don’t get why you would have to travel far for rotations if there’s an academic hospital associated with the school, can anyone clarify this?
students have the option to do away rotations in Worcester, boston or even further
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During my interviews, they said they still welcome thank you letters, updates, and LOIs, but they won't dock you for not sending them in either.
Yes, they also said it doesn't affect your acceptance. She said if they have 2 identical applicants and one sends a letter of intent and the other does not that they will not prioritize the applicant that sent the LOI
 
Just got waitlist for UMASS and PURCH. Im an OOS applicant. MD interview on 1/19 and PURCH interview on 1/30. Does anyone have any idea what the UMass MD and PURCH waitlist movement looks like?
 
Last edited:
Interviewed in late January (1/30) and haven't heard back (no AC email). Portal still says under review. Does that portal status ever change unless you are A, WL, or R?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad