2023-2024 Massachusetts

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it normal to not hear anything back, not even an AC, post interview?

I interviewed on 12/15.

Anyone in my position?
 
From what's on here, it seems pretty common this cycle for people to not hear anything back. I'm in your boat, interviewed 11/28 and haven't heard anything other than generic "wait until April" responses. They seem behind this cycle, so hopefully we'll get decisions soon!
Is it normal to not hear anything back, not even an AC, post interview?

I interviewed on 12/15.

Anyone in my position?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) was established by the 162nd Massachusetts General Court in 1962 to provide residents of the commonwealth an opportunity to study medicine..."

*Completely ignores a vast majority of IS applicants who interviewed months ago*

*Quickly accepts many OOS applicants a couple weeks post-interview*

UMass, shame on you for straying so far from your original mission. While it is good to grow and adapt, it is not right to forget the intended purpose of this school and treat your IS applicants this way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to give everyone some hope bc I'm IS, interviewed beginning of September, and got the A end of January (MD+LEAD@Lahey)!
Thanks for sharing. Maybe mine is also gonna take a long time since I also interviewed for Lahey and I interviewed in november and december..
 
Do people that have accepted admission offers also see “Decline after Acceptance” under Application Action? I’m paranoid I accidentally pressed the wrong button lol…also how long did it take to get the CORI forms? Thank you!
 
Do people that have accepted admission offers also see “Decline after Acceptance” under Application Action? I’m paranoid I accidentally pressed the wrong button lol…also how long did it take to get the CORI forms? Thank you!
That's what mine looks like too. I think you can go to that tab to reject your offer after initially accepting it basically.
 
Do you think it will be a good idea to send a letter of intent at this point? They told me I'll hear back by end of Jan, but I haven't heard anything since interviewing on Nov and Dec. Umass is my top choice school but I also don't want to seem too desperate idk if that is good.
 
Do you think it will be a good idea to send a letter of intent at this point? They told me I'll hear back by end of Jan, but I haven't heard anything since interviewing on Nov and Dec. Umass is my top choice school but I also don't want to seem too desperate idk if that is good.
I don't think it can hurt you as long as you really mean it! I sent one
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad