2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had the PURCH interview yet? I know it’s supposed to be MMI style but why does it say to expect 3 hours? Does it also include an info session?
I have the same question, I wasn't able to attend the last info session unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same question, I wasn't able to attend the last info session unfortunately.
There’s a separate info session for the PURCH track but the next one isn’t until mid October. Hopefully, I’ll know more by then.

if anyone already had their interview how was it? this is my first MMI so I’m really nervous lol
Their interviewers were all really nice! There were also no curve ball or outlier questions so just know basic human ethics and your application well and you should be set. They have follow up questions ready for you so don't be scared of finishing your answer with time left

Reactions: 2 users
Their interviewers were all really nice! There were also no curve ball or outlier questions so just know basic human ethics and your application well and you should be set. They have follow up questions ready for you so don't be scared of finishing your answer with time left

Thank you!! Congrats to you and fingers crossed

If we’re offered an interview does that mean we meet their academic requirements? I just don’t want to get my hopes up too high lol
Yes. I was below UMass's average matriculant stat and was accepted. Currently an MS1 here now.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Was it open file MMI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school have an interview day or is the interview day just the MMI?

Does this school have an interview day or is the interview day just the MMI?
Just the MMI for the main campus (takes only around 1 hour 45 mins including the general sessions at the beginning and end), but they have interview days for the special tracks which are longer.

Does anyone know if you can get waitlisted for PURCH, but still get into the normal MD track?

OOS II, complete late July, earliest date available was Feb

If the earliest available dates are in February does that mean that these are the last invites they're sending out? Seems a little early for that?

If the earliest available dates are in February does that mean that these are the last invites they're sending out? Seems a little early for that?
Last year my friend got an II in like December and interviewed in March I believe so I don’t think it’s too late but this timeline is a bit confusing lol

Does anyone know if you can get waitlisted for PURCH, but still get into the normal MD track?
Believed it depends on your secondary and whether you indicated if you would like to be considered for the Worcester campus if you didn’t get into a special track.

OOS II! LM 70, complete late July. Like others, February was the only availability

What?? So does that mean they're likely almost done giving out interviews?
The latest interview date they offered was the last day of feb. It could be possible they have a couple dates in March, but it does seem like they're on their last rounds of invites? Wish I could be of more help

Does anyone know when they will release admissions decisions for those interviewed here?

Took my PREview Sep. 13th and still have not received scores back. Should I be concerned?

it seems that based on sdn from past years, acceptances start coming out on friday of the week. so we will likely be hearing back on friday 10/20 i think :,)

it seems that based on sdn from past years, acceptances start coming out on friday of the week. so we will likely be hearing back on friday 10/20 i think :,)
I think last year some people heard on Wednesday. So maybe either Wednesday or Friday :)

Just got the A!! Interviewed 9/19, OOS resident, LM 77
(Edit bc I'm new to SDN and complexly miswrote my LM loll)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users