2023-2024 Massachusetts

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think most of the first interview days were filled with OOS applicants. At least on here, those who reported II's were all OOS at first.
Just my two cents but I had my interview today (I'm IS, submitted 7/21 I think, II 9/10, and interview today 10/17 because i forgot to post lmfao) and the majority of my fellow interviewers were also OOS, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case
 
Just my two cents but I had my interview today (I'm IS, submitted 7/21 I think, II 9/10, and interview today 10/17 because i forgot to post lmfao) and the majority of my fellow interviewers were also OOS, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case
My late September interview was a healthy mix
 
If I interviewed on their first day but haven't heard anything, should I assume WL at best, rejection at worst? Or is that not how they go through apps?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think they are done handing out IIs? It seems early for that, but the talk on the earliest interview appointments in February is not sitting well with me. I also haven't seen anyone report an II on here in a bit... my friend interviewed here in February last cycle and got the invite in January... so idk what to think—just going to remain cautiously optimistic.
 
If I interviewed on their first day but haven't heard anything, should I assume WL at best, rejection at worst? Or is that not how they go through apps?
I don't think you can assume that. Im still convinced they havent given out any IS A's yet... but maybe I'm just searching for something
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! For anyone who has already interviewed, are there any 1 on 1 convos with faculty or students outside of the standardized MMI sessions? Is it important to prepare specific questions about the school or is that more applicable to info sessions?
 
fellow OOS A here last week as well, interviewed in late September 🙂. super grateful for and excited about this school. good luck to everyone else!!!

at the accepted folks, is there anything else we need to do other than upload the CORI form? i haven't received any other email confirmation after accepting and declaring to matriculate if that is right? (just making sure)
what's the CORI form? I haven't received that...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! For anyone who has already interviewed, are there any 1 on 1 convos with faculty or students outside of the standardized MMI sessions? Is it important to prepare specific questions about the school or is that more applicable to info sessions?
I think it'd be more helpful for you to prepare questions for the info sessions! The MMI sessions are pretty short and I spent about 95% of my time discussing the posed question (sometimes my interviewers would ask follow-up questions). The Q&A session allows you to be a lot more in-depth with your questioning; with the student-led Q&A session, no faculty are present and it was a great way for me to learn a lot more about their perspective on UMass 🙂
 
I think it'd be more helpful for you to prepare questions for the info sessions! The MMI sessions are pretty short and I spent about 95% of my time discussing the posed question (sometimes my interviewers would ask follow-up questions). The Q&A session allows you to be a lot more in-depth with your questioning; with the student-led Q&A session, no faculty are present and it was a great way for me to learn a lot more about their perspective on UMass 🙂
Thanks so much!!