You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Massachusetts
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
docdoc3000
Full Member
congrats!! was your interview date 9/22?OOS A!! Interviewed end of September
Congrats everyone! Any PURCH A's?
BitofNothin
Full Member
IS Waitlist interviewed mid October
Interviewed 9/28!congrats!! was your interview date 9/22?
Me too!Radio silence since early october interview. Anyone in the same boat?
docdoc3000
Full Member
Me too!
same but 9/22 interview :,(Radio silence since early october interview. Anyone in the same boat?
I agree... I wonder if no news is good news for UMass or if they do silent RsHonestly wish there was SOME communication.
"We reviewed your application and we are putting you on hold for future consideration"
Still waiting. Interviewed for MD/PURCH end of October.Congrats everyone! Any PURCH A's?
MDwannabe01
Full Member
Radio silence since early october interview. Anyone in the same boat?
Yup, August interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 silence since august.
BeagleLover987
Full Member
How are my PURCH applicants holding up? :/ feel like there hasn’t been any recent A’s
INeed_aVaca
Full Member
I have not!Any 10/24 interviewees hear back?
BitofNothin
Full Member
Their waitlist is 150 people? That definately makes me feel a lil better abt getting WL if soAt my interview they said they don’t do silent R, and past years looks like active consideration can turn to A. according to msar 75 people make it off an 150 person WL, good odds
pandapremed
Full Member
Yup its non binding! And no deposit! 😍Hey y'all, just to clarify accepting admission does not equal committing to enroll does it?
supercooper21
Full Member
Could any current students let me know if there are any activities we need to be on campus for before orientation on 8/14? Thank you!
Edit to add data point for those still awaiting a decision: IS interview 11/21, A 1/5.
Edit to add data point for those still awaiting a decision: IS interview 11/21, A 1/5.
Last edited:
myaccount123
Full Member
how/did people do thank you notes for this school ? If so, did you email or upload to the portal?
D
deleted1169403
Upload to portalhow/did people do thank you notes for this school ? If so, did you email or upload to the portal?
I'm a PURCH applicant, interviewed late Sept and early Oct... still waiting to hear back!
Interviewed early Sept for both the MD program (9/7) and Lahey (9/11)...also still waiting to hear back. Uggh the waiting sucks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
INeed_aVaca
Full Member
Im so curious about the admissions for the Lead program. Like I know the cohort is ~25 and applicants have to be approved by the main committee and the Lead committee, but with a new program, I wonder how they’re going about acceptances
Also since it's such a small class, I'm curious if the LEAD or main committee's evaluation holds more weight when evaluating applicants to the program.Im so curious about the admissions for the Lead program. Like I know the cohort is ~25 and applicants have to be approved by the main committee and the Lead committee, but with a new program, I wonder how they’re going about acceptances
They are separate evaluations done by separate committees (i.e, they don't influence each other). You can still become a student if you are accepted to the MD program but not LEAD, but you can't if you are accepted to LEAD and not the MD program. Also, a class size of 200-225 is not small (unless you're speaking to the LEAD class size, then yes - it's a small class...but that's usually the average number of students accepted to a track at any other med school).Also since it's such a small class, I'm curious if the LEAD or main committee's evaluation holds more weight when evaluating applicants to the program.
has anyone sent update letters? has anyone seen this influence admissions in any way?
gluggaveður
Full Member
I've seen one LEAD acceptance on this thread. In the same boatHas anyone gotten into lead? Still waiting to hear back from September
Same 😕😬I've seen one LEAD acceptance on this thread. In the same boat
I think As on Fridays typically start going out in a couple hours, crossing my fingers that more of us hear back today
ii_manifestation
Full Member
I think there have been a few, when I got the call in Oct they said they had sent out very few As. Since its such a small class, not sure how they're going about itHas anyone gotten into lead? Still waiting to hear back from September
Same 🫥Same 😕😬
longsocks16
Full Member
Does anyone know what sort of clinical experiences there are for students here pre clerkships? I’m struggling to navigate their website
Hi! Current MS1 here and we're planning Second Look Day on April 4-5th which is optional but very informative!Could any current students let me know if there are any activities we need to be on campus for before orientation on 8/14? Thank you!
There's actually quite a lot! If you want you can DM me and I can tell you more because it's pretty in depthDoes anyone know what sort of clinical experiences there are for students here pre clerkships? I’m struggling to navigate their website
D
deleted1012716
OOS Pre-II R today, complete in september
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
penguin345
New Member
IS A today!!
OOS A MD/PURCH about an hour ago!!! :,)
IS A MD/PURCH!
IS A CANNOT BELIEVE THIS LITERALLY SCREAMING CRYING (interviewed in October)