2023-2024 Massachusetts

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
to those that have interviewed but not heard back - what does your "application action" section of your portal say besides the withdraw application? the top tab when I click on that section says "SOM Admittance/Waitlist" and then the top of the page says accept/decline ....? why are they getting my hopes up D;
 
to those that have interviewed but not heard back - what does your "application action" section of your portal say besides the withdraw application? the top tab when I click on that section says "SOM Admittance/Waitlist" and then the top of the page says accept/decline ....? why are they getting my hopes up D;
Interviewed mid Nov and mine doesn't have any "Admittance/Waitlist" section header, but the top of the page says "Accept/Decline"
 
to those that have interviewed but not heard back - what does your "application action" section of your portal say besides the withdraw application? the top tab when I click on that section says "SOM Admittance/Waitlist" and then the top of the page says accept/decline ....? why are they getting my hopes up D;

it says the same for me. maybe it doesn't mean anything? haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait is it visible only when you click this button:
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 2.22.10 PM.png

It says withdraw so I'm scared to click it lol
 
I interviewed yesterday evening (4:30-6:15), and just wanted to update everyone that I also have the "Admittance/WaitList" on my tab in my browser and there's no way they have had time to deliberate over my interview and put it in their computer system yet.

Maybe we're all interviewing for A/WL's, or maybe this is just what the window is automatically named as, not too sure.
 
People have mentioned that this school doesn't go by interview date but by when admission committee can meet for certain interview dates. But that would mean they aren't comparing interviewers across different interview dates which is really odd
 
On the website it says "You will receive an email from us assuring you that your application is still being actively considered approximately 2-4 weeks following your interview, if a decision has not yet been made."
Has anyone received this? It's been more than 2 months since my interview and I haven't received this email yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In previous UMass threads, there are September interviewees that didn't hear back until March/April. They might have already passed over us.
 
2 months here for me.. looks like they drag some fall interviewees until spring in this school without any communication.
It would be nice if they gave early waitlist notifications, since it seems some interviewees are being put off until later, or designated to be rejected near the end of the cycle
 
Anyone else that still hasn’t heard anything back yet (no interview invite, no rejection, etc)? I’m in-state.
Also in state, and I'm in the same boat. Just a waiting game. Last year I hadn't heard so I emailed them on Feb 11 and asked if they were still extending interview invites. They confirmed they weren't, but I didn't get an actual R until 3/1. So it did let me know to move on from the school a bit earlier.
 
Gotta be honest, I went through the 22-23 thread last week and it was a significant hit to my morale... Several people who interviewed in sept/oct were left hanging for months without even an active consideration email. Some were accepted, others received a post ii R nearly 9 (!) months after interviewing with no communication in the mean time. I really hope that this cycle is different, but reading last year's thread was a huge blow to my hopes that "maybe this will be the Friday".
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For context, interviewed on 11/29

I've basically been spam refreshing my portal this entire week because I'm a freak with no life, and for a BRIEF moment, I actually saw "I Accept" and "I Decline" options on my dashboard under "Application Action.."

Has anyone else experienced this same thing? I thought this was so bizarre.
Did you press I accept haha
 
Did you press I accept haha
Actually nah I navigated to the homepage to see if anything changed there, and when I went back it disappeared.

I feel like it's too soon after my interview since its only been a week and a half, but hey weirder things have happened lmao
 
does anyone know if the portal has always said “application complete” and “under review”. i swear mine used to say smth different but it may be wishful thinking haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad