2023-2024 Massachusetts

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it safe to assume that people who have interviewed earlier on in the cycle are rejected if they haven’t heard anything back? It’s hard to believe that it takes them 4+ months to evaluate your application.
I am in the same boat as you. I remember them emphasizing that it doesn't mean anything (but who knows how accurate that is). It's worth noting that some people have actually been rejected post-interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it safe to assume that people who have interviewed earlier on in the cycle are rejected if they haven’t heard anything back? It’s hard to believe that it takes them 4+ months to evaluate your application.
I know its hard, but I wouldn't lose hope! I interviewed end of Sept/early Oct and just heard back today with an A. I know that they dont have true rolling admissions so that could play a role into why it's taken some time for us to hear back
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If any of you applied to Rosalind Franklin, I was so scared this was gonna be a similar email.... like hey check out our other programs because you didn't get into MD.
Maybe it was and we just don't know it yet :/
 
Ain't no way their average borrowed amount by their graduates is just 49k...
I think that's per year? Also, at least 75% of the students are IS and therefore pay half the tuition of OOS. Many IS students live with their parents, so cost of living is low for them. All in all, it skews the mean closer to the in-state COA, so I would say that's where $49K as their stat for the average borrowed amount (yearly) comes from.
 

Average Financial Debt Upon Graduation​

Class of 2021 graduates average indebtedness $165,625
Percentage of 2017 graduateswith medical school debt: 83

from UMass Chan website
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any 9/13 & 10/17 MD+PURCH hear back yet?? I feel like we’ve been skipped over :/ starting to get stressed, but I know they said no silent R’s so I’m confused
 
has anyone received a rejection post interview? i know people having been saying they don't do silent Rs but i'm starting to lose hope
I'm assuming an R at this point, since I interviewed early sept. I don't know why they emphasize that they don't do silent rejections when it seems like they only send rejections at the very end of the cycle, which is literally a silent rejection, and make everyone wait months and months to hear back. I also assume they go in order of MMI scores, so some people who interview in Sept might not get reviewed until like Feb, but that's just a guess. Their process is pretty insensitive to the interviewers, like they could care less about making someone wait 7 mo for an R
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming an R at this point, since I interviewed early sept. I don't know why they emphasize that they don't do silent rejections when it seems like they only send rejections at the very end of the cycle, which is literally a silent rejection, and make everyone wait months and months to hear back. I also assume they go in order of MMI scores, so some people who interview in Sept might not get reviewed until like Feb, but that's just a guess. Their process is pretty insensitive to the interviewers, like they could care less about making someone wait 7 mo for an R
IDK? There are people on this thread who interviewed in August, and none of them have heard back yet. I wouldn't think they rejected a whole month's worth of interviewees?

I do agree though - it isn't fair for those who received an II early and then interviewed early to have to wait longer for a decision than those who interviewed in November or December.
 
IDK? There are people on this thread who interviewed in August, and none of them have heard back yet. I wouldn't think they rejected a whole month's worth of interviewees?

I do agree though - it isn't fair for those who received an II early and then interviewed early to have to wait longer for a decision than those who interviewed in November or December.

This was my first interview (end of August) and have yet to hear back, and so far have come across a few others from my day who also have not heard back and no one from my date has reported any decision on SDN as far as I’ve seen. It’s VERY frustrating! I’m lucky to have heard back from other programs but if I didn’t I’d be losing my mind (more than I already am)
 
This was my first interview (end of August) and have yet to hear back, and so far have come across a few others from my day who also have not heard back and no one from my date has reported any decision on SDN as far as I’ve seen. It’s VERY frustrating! I’m lucky to have heard back from other programs but if I didn’t I’d be losing my mind (more than I already am)
Also interviewed in August and still haven't heard anything. Have there really not been any August acceptances or rejections at all??