2023-2024 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do interviews only get sent to applicants (if they get one) once the secondary is marked complete? Waiting on my Casper results in the next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Do interviews only get sent to applicants (if they get one) once the secondary is marked complete? Waiting on my Casper results in the next week.
I believe every part of your secondary has to be marked complete in order for your application to move on and be considered for an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
I know there are lots of people who don't post here and presumably some have gotten interview invites but I really like that from reading this thread it appears that MCW sent one II a week ago and then decided to be done for a while

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to submit this secondary? I saw online the preferred deadline was 8/15 but the official deadline is 11/30. Does that mean I still have a shot?

Hello SDN community, I’m reapplying to MCW and am working on prewriting my secondaries. Last year, selecting either the Green Bay or Central Wisconsin campus revealed two additional regional campus essays. I’d be very surprised if MCW removed those questions, but nowhere I’ve looked has mentioned them as part of this year’s application. Does anyone know whether there are regional campus essays this year? Thank you for any help.

Hello SDN community, I’m reapplying to MCW and am working on prewriting my secondaries. Last year, selecting either the Green Bay or Central Wisconsin campus revealed two additional regional campus essays. I’d be very surprised if MCW removed those questions, but nowhere I’ve looked has mentioned them as part of this year’s application. Does anyone know whether there are regional campus essays this year? Thank you for any help.
There are.

There are additional questions if you select either of those campuses but I'm not sure what they were since I personally didn't choose either of them. Hopefully someone else can provide you with them instead of just saying there are more essays lol

These are the two additional questions for the regional campuses:
- Describe the experiences that have contributed to your motivation to pursue a primary care focused, community-based medical education program.
- Describe the community in which you envision yourself living and practicing medicine. Address the benefits and challenges of life in your specified community.

Reactions: 1 users
What interview dates were/are available to you? Wondering how soon they'll have to start sending IIs to have people to fill the slots lol
The first one was 9/8 and the following three weeks after that

Members don't see this ad :)
Current Milwaukee student here. Just wanted to pop on and reinforce that the whole admissions process is unpredictable, chaotic, and frustrating. Don't compare your experience with anyone else's, and take stats with a grain of salt. Nobody knows exactly what MCW wants, and trying to figure it out will only give you a headache. There will be plenty of interviews handed out throughout the fall, winter, and spring. If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out!

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Hi,
Just coming here to offer to answer any questions you all may have via DM as you go through this process. I'm a current M1 at the Milwaukee campus, and I was an IS applicant. I'm wishing you all the best of luck and just know that even getting to the point of being a competitive applicant is such an accomplishment!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hi,
Just coming here to offer to answer any questions you all may have via DM as you go through this process. I'm a current M1 at the Milwaukee campus, and I was an IS applicant. I'm wishing you all the best of luck and just know that even getting to the point of being a competitive applicant is such an accomplishment!
After submitting my secondary, if I started as a scribe at a cardiology clinic and also a research position, do you suggest I should update MCW admissions? Though I have good clinical exposuer, I had only 250 hours of research and no publications. Thanks for your time!

IS II for regional campus! Complete mid august

anyone who got interviews willing to share stats? complete 7/26 and still nothing

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II received on Wednesday for Milwaukee. LM 63.5!

• Love
Hi,
Thanks for being willing to answer questions. When did you receive your II and have your interview for MCW?

Reapplicant. 506 super score. 3.7 GPA. OOS. Am I screwed bc of my MCAT??
Per MSAR, for all out of state accepted applicants last cycle your MCAT is in the 25-75th percentile (but below median). Your GPA is also in the 25-75th percentile (also below median). They interviewed more out of state students than in state last cycle, so if you like the school shoot your shot imo.

Does MCW super score MCAT?
Per MSAR:

"When there are multiple MCAT scores, we will combine the best section scores from the two most recent eligible exams to create the best overall score. All lifetime scores will be visible as well."

If anyone has any advice for the Central Wisconsin campus interview, please let me know!!

Just received a “General Update for Complete Applicants” email

If I didn’t get a complete update email should I be concerned they’re missing something from me? My portal looks like it’s complete …

If I didn’t get a complete update email should I be concerned they’re missing something from me? My portal looks like it’s complete …
+1 I did receive a secondary complete confirmation email though too... portal also says complete

i didn't get one either, they probably are just sending them in batches?