2023-2024 Wisconsin

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They mention its below average this year, does anyone know if UWSMPH has released data on their WL in the past 5 years?
2018-19 | 0 movement OOS
2019-20 | ~rank #2 OOS (but 11 spots)
2020-21 | ~rank #19 IS (OOS N/A, couldn't find number)
2021-22 | 0 movement OOS
2022-23 | ~rank #40s OOS

Here's what I found find for OOS data on SDN. Looks like reaching rank 50 was the exception in the past 5 years, not the norm.
 
2018-19 | 0 movement OOS
2019-20 | ~rank #2 OOS (but 11 spots)
2020-21 | ~rank #19 IS (OOS N/A, couldn't find number)
2021-22 | 0 movement OOS
2022-23 | ~rank #40s OOS

Here's what I found find for OOS data on SDN. Looks like reaching rank 50 was the exception in the past 5 years, not the norm.

Thanks for looking into this. Do you know if there’s any additional data on waitlist movement specifically for IS applicants from the past two cycles?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for looking into this. Do you know if there’s any additional data on waitlist movement specifically for IS applicants from the past two cycles?
Outside of SDN, I don't think UW releases waitlist data, even to AMCAS. On SDN in 2022-23, it looks like IS didn't go past #10 while 2021-22 had no numbers as far as I can tell. Before COVID, it seemed like UW accepted more IS than OOS off the waitlists though.
 
OOS rank 24, I am fortunate to have a a few A's elsewhere though so it’s all good! Best of luck to everyone holding out and best of luck to those starting medical school in the next couple of months!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesnt seem like there was any movement today. Hopefully tmr🙏
anyone hear anything (IS or OOS)? I’m convinced they are waiting until Monday.

Also hi everyone! I’m new here. I’m on the IS waitlist (around rank 10) and UW is my DREAM school. This waiting game has been really challenging for me and I’m constantly oscillating between thinking I have a chance and losing hope.
 
anyone hear anything (IS or OOS)? I’m convinced they are waiting until Monday.

Also hi everyone! I’m new here. I’m on the IS waitlist (around rank 10) and UW is my DREAM school. This waiting game has been really challenging for me and I’m constantly oscillating between thinking I have a chance and losing hope.
I actually called earlier today. They said that they dont have any info about AL movement yet and because of the fafsa delay they are giving accepted students some more time to PTE/CTE until they see all their offers from UW and other schools.
 
Last edited:
anyone hear anything (IS or OOS)? I’m convinced they are waiting until Monday.

Also hi everyone! I’m new here. I’m on the IS waitlist (around rank 10) and UW is my DREAM school. This waiting game has been really challenging for me and I’m constantly oscillating between thinking I have a chance and losing hope.
Same here about the thinking I have a chance and losing hope, it’s super draining. Fingers crossed for some movement soon and good news for both of us! 😊
 
I actually called earlier today. They said that they dont have any info about AL movement yet and because of the fafsa delay they are giving accepted students some more time to PTE/CTE until they see all their offers from UW and other schools.
What’s PTE/CTE? Did they give you any timeline? This is reassuring to know
 
What’s PTE/CTE? Did they give you any timeline? This is reassuring to know
To choose the plan to enroll and commit to enroll on amcas. Didn’t get a timeline but @mylittlerowboat said they are sending FA by mid may so maybe after that? atleast thats what im telling myself so i dont obsessively check sdn in the next few days☹️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad