2023-2024 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
An IS friend of mine was accepted 1/19 and offered a scholarship 1/25. This is the only scholarship I’ve heard of so far this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if they have sent out all the interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the A call (IS) about 20 min ago!!! yayyyyy, interviewed 2/14--they said they'd update portal and send official acceptance letter by tmrw

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call- IS A off the WL!!!!!
Congrats! I thought there would be no WL movement until April so thats quite the surprise. Fingers crossed for the rest of us

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
So if we interviewed 2/14 and didn’t get an A today, is that a waitlist or rejection?

So if we interviewed 2/14 and didn’t get an A today, is that a waitlist or rejection?
Pretty much, that's what happened with my cohort. The people that got in, got in on a single day, the waitlisters got the email a week or two later.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 2/2 - no call or email. Anyone else from the 2/2 get the A call? I am preparing for waitlist or worse :(

Sounds like they are making calls w/ the 2/14 cohort and maybe working backwards (at least that's what my brain wishes to believe :cryi:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
just got the A call (IS) about 20 min ago!!! yayyyyy, interviewed 2/14--they said they'd update portal and send official acceptance letter by tmrw
Congrats! That would put their final app review process turn around time for the later interview cohorts at about 22 days, or generally 3 weeks. Super insightful.

This would mean that the final interview cohort from this week should hear back around March 28 if accepted. Leaving one entire week for people to make arrangments in time for admitted students day. Very considerate of them!

I know it's all speculation, but what else is there to do while we wait? lol

Just got the A a few hours ago …. Still speechless 🥹😭

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So does anyone recommend doing anything while on the waitlist? Sending a letter of continued interest?

So does anyone recommend doing anything while on the waitlist? Sending a letter of continued interest?
They explicitly stated they do not take anything. Sit and pray I guess

They explicitly stated they do not take anything. Sit and pray I guess

^^ start praying if you haven’t already is what I’d say too. No LOI or updates are taken except during the actual interview.

Congrats! When did you get placed on the WL?
Thank you!! I interviewed 12/8 and was placed on the WL 1/22…I really wasn’t expecting to hear anything until April so this was quite a shock!

• Care
Got the call yesterday! OOS A off the WL, interviewed 12/6 WL 1/22. For my OOS peeps on WL, don't lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the waitlist email as I expected - now we wait ⏳

IS - Interviewed 2/2, was my top choice, have an A somewhere so I am grateful but would MUCH MUCH prefer to go here

Last edited:
  • Care
Interviewed on 2/14. Just got the email that I was placed on the alternate/wait list.

• Care
IS WL interviewed 2/16. Could be better could be worse I guess. Going to be praying hard

• Care
just a follow up--got the official A email today, around 24 hours after the call

Reactions: 3 users
question about scholarships--the website says that scholarships are automatically considered without application, and you'll be notified if you're awarded one. is that supposed to come with your admissions decision or after?

No they don't. It's on their website that they don't allow it for tuition purposes

Thank you guys for sharing, my bad I wasn’t able to join the other session of my interview. But do you guys also know how interviews are weighted and what happens post interview with adcom?

Essentially your application is sent to a smaller committee who grades your application and whoever graded your application the best is the one who presents you to the overall committee. They look at every aspect of your application then based on what grade your application is given is technically what will determine if you are rejected, waitlisted or accepted.

Essentially your application is sent to a smaller committee who grades your application and whoever graded your application the best is the one who presents you to the overall committee. They look at every aspect of your application then based on what grade your application is given is technically what will determine if you are rejected, waitlisted or accepted.
In addition to the final app review process, there are four distinct pathways for admission that play into their decision. They are: MD resident, MD non-resident, MD WARM program, MD-PHD program.

It seemed that your application score after the final app review relative to others in your pathway is what determines whether you are accepted, rejected or added to the alternate list. If you are on the alternate list, you move up as spots in your pathway become available.

They made it clear that your individual probability of wait list movement is entirely unknown because of the way their alternate system works.

I'm willing to bet my ... that there are additional sub-pipelines within the broader pathways which may add to the unpredictable movement of their waitlist.

For those who got off the WL, did you guys send any letters post-II decision?

• Dislike
At this point you guys are just being rude. I think we all know when you get an email from a school that emotions can be high and someone can read over a sentence. There is no need to be disrespectful to someone.

• Dislike
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
My bad everyone, did not expect this to trigger that many responses. I have had about 13 interview invites and about 4 WL emails and I know schools do things differently. Yes, I should have read over the email again but I was just asking a quick question, my bad. Will make sure to double check since I guess not doing so will cause questions on my mental capability.

At this point you guys are just being rude. I think we all know when you get an email from a school that emotions can be high and someone can read over a sentence. There is no need to be disrespectful to someone.
Exactly, and it’s not necessarily clear. When I think of “updates” I don’t necessarily think of a LOI, mostly transcripts or job updates, things like that…

My bad everyone, did not expect this to trigger that many responses. I have had about 13 interview invites and about 4 WL emails and I know schools do things differently. Yes, I should have read over the email again but I was just asking a quick question, my bad. Will make sure to double check since I guess not doing so will cause questions on my mental 13 interview invites is amazing and wishing you the best this cycle!
13 interview
My bad everyone, did not expect this to trigger that many responses. I have had about 13 interview invites and about 4 WL emails and I know schools do things differently. Yes, I should have read over the email again but I was just asking a quick question, my bad. Will make sure to double check since I guess not doing so will cause questions on my mental capability.
13 interview invites is amazing. Wishing you the best this cycle! Sorry not sure what happened with the editing on my phone when I typed this and it split it in half somehow haha.

It’s absurd, like how did you make it this far. The waitlist email literally spaces out paragraphs and underlines:

We are not able to accept any updates to your application during this time.
Thanks! Not sure how I got this far either buddy. This is not a school high on my list since I'm OOS and have received multiple A's and I interviewed ages ago so I was asking a quick question. Next time I will find the email and read it. Good luck!

Moderator note:

Tensions are running high and some posts have been edited/deleted to keep the thread respectful.

Here's a random picture for your time:
1710126406477.png

• Haha
question about scholarships--the website says that scholarships are automatically considered without application, and you'll be notified if you're awarded one. is that supposed to come with your admissions decision or after?
I remember they said that scholarships can be notified as late as June

Is there really any movement for the in state waitlist in previous years?

Is there really any movement for the in state waitlist in previous years?
during my interview day, we were told that they will definitely be utilizing the waitlist because they cannot over-enroll like that one year. However, it won’t be a lot of movement as a vast majority of IS applicants who are offered admission will choose UW

during my interview day, we were told that they will definitely be utilizing the waitlist because they cannot over-enroll like that one year. However, it won’t be a lot of movement as a vast majority of IS applicants who are offered admission will choose UW
Agreed. If you look at last year’s thread you see a ton of movement for OOS WL at lower ranks but not as much for IS. Could be some selection bias though.

Anyone else braving the nail biting wait until decisions? Interviewed 2/28, OOS so I know it’s one more week until I know my fate.