2023-2024 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else braving the nail biting wait until decisions? Interviewed 2/28, OOS so I know it’s one more week until I know my fate.
Me :( interviewed 2/29. Nervous but excited, good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Me :( interviewed 2/29. Nervous but excited, good luck!
Same week over here! Knowing there's a shorter turnaround some how makes it more nerve wrecking. 😵‍💫

How the heck did those of you who waited 8 weeks for your decision deal with the anticipation?

Good luck to us all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same week over here! Knowing there's a shorter turnaround some how makes it more nerve wrecking. 😵‍💫

How the heck did those of you who waited 8 weeks for your decision deal with the anticipation?

Good luck to us al
The 8 week waiters are the strongest fr fr

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard about scholarships since their A? Seems like Wisconsin is behind or giving away fewer scholarships compared to the previous years.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the A call! In state, interviewed 2/22

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have an estimate of when the ranked waitlist is released? In the email it said by the end of april but I was wondering if anyone knew something based off pastt cycles.

Does anyone have an estimate of when the ranked waitlist is released? In the email it said by the end of april but I was wondering if anyone knew something based off pastt cycles.
During my interview week late Feb they said mid April is when the ranked wait-list will likely be released.

sorry this is unrelated and I hope all of you guys get to go to your top med schools this year! I was rejected pre-II a while ago (IS). anyyy insight from those who got an interview or were accepted on what uw tends to value in terms of experience types/quantity or application themes/vibes??

sorry this is unrelated and I hope all of you guys get to go to your top med schools this year! I was rejected pre-II a while ago (IS). anyyy insight from those who got an interview or were accepted on what uw tends to value in terms of experience types/quantity or application themes/vibes??
I'm unsure if WIsco does but most school will give you feedback on your application. Might have to wait until the application cycle concludes.

I'm unsure if WIsco does but most school will give you feedback on your application. Might have to wait until the application cycle concludes.
They told us at our interview that they would be willing to give feedback if you reach out!

Members don't see this ad :)
How many spots are open based on the FB group?

• Hmm
Oh wow! would you mind sharing the exact wording? In my earlier waitlist info it didn't have any sentence like this.
Sorry, might have misworded.
"You will receive another letter from us with detailed information about your place on the list. This letter is typically sent by early May."

Anyone in here an M1/currently attending that is also doing the MD/MS program with the clinical/translational science that can answer a couple questions I have!

Thank you!

Thank you. So looks like the class is full?
Basically full, but AFAIK they should also be sending A's for the end of Feb and beginning of March groups. Any one from the last two groups got the call yet?

Sorry, might have misworded.
"You will receive another letter from us with detailed information about your place on the list. This letter is typically sent by early May."
That's unfortunate. In my interview group and based on other posts in the thread, they've been saying the waitlist ranking would come out mid April

Reactions: 2 users
Any one else from interview week 2/26 - 3/1 still in the dark or is it just me?

Any one else from interview week 2/26 - 3/1 still in the dark or is it just me?
On the admitted FB group, they said there will be more people admitted this week, probs Thursday/Friday I’m assuming. Hope that helps

I got the AAMC email that talked about committing to schools via the website by selecting "Plan to Enroll" and "Commit to Enroll" after a certain date. I thought it would just show schools that you got accepted to but then I saw on their PDF with more info that it can also show for schools that you're on the waitlist for. Is that only for some schools? Because Wisconsin doesn't show up for me and I'm on the waitlist. It said that "If a communicated acceptance or alternate list decision is not visible for an applicant who is able to access the tool, the applicant should communicate the discrepancy to the school." And they define the alternate list as the waitlist interchangeably: Alternate List - This medical school has reported that you are on their Alternate List/Waitlist. Not sure if anyone else is in the same predicament or I'm just reading too much into it and it's just for acceptances 😅

I got the AAMC email that talked about committing to schools via the website by selecting "Plan to Enroll" and "Commit to Enroll" after a certain date. I thought it would just show schools that you got accepted to but then I saw on their PDF with more info that it can also show for schools that you're on the waitlist for. Is that only for some schools? Because Wisconsin doesn't show up for me and I'm on the waitlist. It said that "If a communicated acceptance or alternate list decision is not visible for an applicant who is able to access the tool, the applicant should communicate the discrepancy to the school." And they define the alternate list as the waitlist interchangeably: Alternate List - This medical school has reported that you are on their Alternate List/Waitlist. Not sure if anyone else is in the same predicament or I'm just reading too much into it and it's just for acceptances 😅
I’m able to see UW in CYMS as “Alternate List”. I would reach out to admissions to verify that you’re on the waitlist and that they’ve submitted the admissions decision to AMCAS.

I’m able to see UW in CYMS as “Alternate List”. I would reach out to admissions to verify that you’re on the waitlist and that they’ve submitted the admissions decision to AMCAS.
Thank you!! Super helpful.

Takes a day or two sometimes to show up

Takes a day or two sometimes to show up
Yeah but I've been on the waitlist since Feb 19th. Either way, I just called them up and they said that they don't really know why "plan to enroll" is a thing, but that the "commit to enroll" comes out April 30th, and that should come with the plan to enroll as well. I did tell her that someone on the waitlist here said that they can see that option, but she wasn't really sure why. Anyways, I sent an email as well, so hopefully if that was the wrong answer, someone else can help me out, haha.

Yeah but I've been on the waitlist since Feb 19th. Either way, I just called them up and they said that they don't really know why "plan to enroll" is a thing, but that the "commit to enroll" comes out April 30th, and that should come with the plan to enroll as well. I did tell her that someone on the waitlist here said that they can see that option, but she wasn't really sure why. Anyways, I sent an email as well, so hopefully if that was the wrong answer, someone else can help me out, haha.
???? I feel like it should pop up for you. Hopefully they will answer you via email. My Alternate status came a few days after my WL email.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update the group, I got the call. In State A. 🤙🏼

Good luck to those waiting.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just wanted to update the group, I got the call. In State A. 🤙🏼

Good luck to those waiting.
congrats - can I ask when you interviewed?

Trying to understand the WL movement. I was accepted elsewhere but need to figure out when I should be making other decisions like finding a place to stay, etc since this is my first choice

congrats - can I ask when you interviewed?

Trying to understand the WL movement. I was accepted elsewhere but need to figure out when I should be making other decisions like finding a place to stay, etc since this is my first choice
Sorry I wasn't clear. My A didn't come from the waitlist. I interviewed the week of 2/26 - 3/1

just withdrew my A. hope it goes to someone still waiting for that one A :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone knows when will we get our student ID? Thanks