You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GreekFreek
Full Member
During my interview week late Feb they said mid April is when the ranked wait-list will likely be released.Does anyone have an estimate of when the ranked waitlist is released? In the email it said by the end of april but I was wondering if anyone knew something based off pastt cycles.
glittering_star
Full Member
sorry this is unrelated and I hope all of you guys get to go to your top med schools this year! I was rejected pre-II a while ago (IS). anyyy insight from those who got an interview or were accepted on what uw tends to value in terms of experience types/quantity or application themes/vibes??
I'm unsure if WIsco does but most school will give you feedback on your application. Might have to wait until the application cycle concludes.sorry this is unrelated and I hope all of you guys get to go to your top med schools this year! I was rejected pre-II a while ago (IS). anyyy insight from those who got an interview or were accepted on what uw tends to value in terms of experience types/quantity or application themes/vibes??
ChacoHiker
Full Member
They told us at our interview that they would be willing to give feedback if you reach out!I'm unsure if WIsco does but most school will give you feedback on your application. Might have to wait until the application cycle concludes.
CakeMan27
Full Member
They said this year the WL will be released 5/1 in the email.During my interview week late Feb they said mid April is when the ranked wait-list will likely be released.
hopefullfella35
New Member
Oh wow! would you mind sharing the exact wording? In my earlier waitlist info it didn't have any sentence like this.They said this year the WL will be released 5/1 in the email.
CakeMan27
Full Member
Sorry, might have misworded.Oh wow! would you mind sharing the exact wording? In my earlier waitlist info it didn't have any sentence like this.
"You will receive another letter from us with detailed information about your place on the list. This letter is typically sent by early May."
there are 179 members in the fb chatHow many spots are open based on the FB group?
McApple
Full Member
there are 179 members in the fb chat
Thank you. So looks like the class is full?
mcsteamy273
Full Member
Anyone in here an M1/currently attending that is also doing the MD/MS program with the clinical/translational science that can answer a couple questions I have!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GreekFreek
Full Member
Basically full, but AFAIK they should also be sending A's for the end of Feb and beginning of March groups. Any one from the last two groups got the call yet?Thank you. So looks like the class is full?
Rajabear23
New Member
So does that mean they won’t pull people off the waitlist?there are 179 members in the fb chat
That's unfortunate. In my interview group and based on other posts in the thread, they've been saying the waitlist ranking would come out mid AprilSorry, might have misworded.
"You will receive another letter from us with detailed information about your place on the list. This letter is typically sent by early May."
medschoolapplicant2023_4
Full Member
I don't think so. Not everyone in the FB group will ultimately end up attending.So does that mean they won’t pull people off the waitlist?
Playdate35
New Member
Any movement today?
GreekFreek
Full Member
Any one else from interview week 2/26 - 3/1 still in the dark or is it just me?
premeduser1
Full Member
On the admitted FB group, they said there will be more people admitted this week, probs Thursday/Friday I’m assuming. Hope that helpsAny one else from interview week 2/26 - 3/1 still in the dark or is it just me?
CakeMan27
Full Member
WL admits or just normal admits?On the admitted FB group, they said there will be more people admitted this week, probs Thursday/Friday I’m assuming. Hope that helps
I got the AAMC email that talked about committing to schools via the website by selecting "Plan to Enroll" and "Commit to Enroll" after a certain date. I thought it would just show schools that you got accepted to but then I saw on their PDF with more info that it can also show for schools that you're on the waitlist for. Is that only for some schools? Because Wisconsin doesn't show up for me and I'm on the waitlist. It said that "If a communicated acceptance or alternate list decision is not visible for an applicant who is able to access the tool, the applicant should communicate the discrepancy to the school." And they define the alternate list as the waitlist interchangeably: Alternate List - This medical school has reported that you are on their Alternate List/Waitlist. Not sure if anyone else is in the same predicament or I'm just reading too much into it and it's just for acceptances 😅
I’m able to see UW in CYMS as “Alternate List”. I would reach out to admissions to verify that you’re on the waitlist and that they’ve submitted the admissions decision to AMCAS.I got the AAMC email that talked about committing to schools via the website by selecting "Plan to Enroll" and "Commit to Enroll" after a certain date. I thought it would just show schools that you got accepted to but then I saw on their PDF with more info that it can also show for schools that you're on the waitlist for. Is that only for some schools? Because Wisconsin doesn't show up for me and I'm on the waitlist. It said that "If a communicated acceptance or alternate list decision is not visible for an applicant who is able to access the tool, the applicant should communicate the discrepancy to the school." And they define the alternate list as the waitlist interchangeably: Alternate List - This medical school has reported that you are on their Alternate List/Waitlist. Not sure if anyone else is in the same predicament or I'm just reading too much into it and it's just for acceptances 😅
Thank you!! Super helpful.I’m able to see UW in CYMS as “Alternate List”. I would reach out to admissions to verify that you’re on the waitlist and that they’ve submitted the admissions decision to AMCAS.
CakeMan27
Full Member
Takes a day or two sometimes to show upI got the AAMC email that talked about committing to schools via the website by selecting "Plan to Enroll" and "Commit to Enroll" after a certain date. I thought it would just show schools that you got accepted to but then I saw on their PDF with more info that it can also show for schools that you're on the waitlist for. Is that only for some schools? Because Wisconsin doesn't show up for me and I'm on the waitlist. It said that "If a communicated acceptance or alternate list decision is not visible for an applicant who is able to access the tool, the applicant should communicate the discrepancy to the school." And they define the alternate list as the waitlist interchangeably: Alternate List - This medical school has reported that you are on their Alternate List/Waitlist. Not sure if anyone else is in the same predicament or I'm just reading too much into it and it's just for acceptances 😅
Yeah but I've been on the waitlist since Feb 19th. Either way, I just called them up and they said that they don't really know why "plan to enroll" is a thing, but that the "commit to enroll" comes out April 30th, and that should come with the plan to enroll as well. I did tell her that someone on the waitlist here said that they can see that option, but she wasn't really sure why. Anyways, I sent an email as well, so hopefully if that was the wrong answer, someone else can help me out, haha.Takes a day or two sometimes to show up
CakeMan27
Full Member
???? I feel like it should pop up for you. Hopefully they will answer you via email. My Alternate status came a few days after my WL email.Yeah but I've been on the waitlist since Feb 19th. Either way, I just called them up and they said that they don't really know why "plan to enroll" is a thing, but that the "commit to enroll" comes out April 30th, and that should come with the plan to enroll as well. I did tell her that someone on the waitlist here said that they can see that option, but she wasn't really sure why. Anyways, I sent an email as well, so hopefully if that was the wrong answer, someone else can help me out, haha.
Last edited:
wenjunhuilover
New Member
IS A just now!! Interviewed the week of 3/4-3/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GreekFreek
Full Member
Just wanted to update the group, I got the call. In State A. 🤙🏼
Good luck to those waiting.
Good luck to those waiting.
Congrats!!!Just wanted to update the group, I got the call. In State A. 🤙🏼
Good luck to those waiting.
GreekFreek
Full Member
Thank you. Sending good vibes your way for the WL movement to work out for you too 🙂Congrats!!!
mcsteamy273
Full Member
congrats - can I ask when you interviewed?Just wanted to update the group, I got the call. In State A. 🤙🏼
Good luck to those waiting.
Trying to understand the WL movement. I was accepted elsewhere but need to figure out when I should be making other decisions like finding a place to stay, etc since this is my first choice
GreekFreek
Full Member
Sorry I wasn't clear. My A didn't come from the waitlist. I interviewed the week of 2/26 - 3/1congrats - can I ask when you interviewed?
Trying to understand the WL movement. I was accepted elsewhere but need to figure out when I should be making other decisions like finding a place to stay, etc since this is my first choice
any one know when we can expect to see our financial aid packages?
just withdrew my A. hope it goes to someone still waiting for that one A 🙂
dibsjust withdrew my A. hope it goes to someone still waiting for that one A 🙂
mcsteamy273
Full Member
The alternate list is out. I cry [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] at my rank
I got it so it looks like MD admits got it as welly'all get the deferral email? Or just the MSTP admits
Rip 😭. Glad they were so transparent in the email though.The alternate list is out. I cry [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] at my rank
mcsteamy273
Full Member
I got it so it looks like MD admits got it as well
What’s the deferral email about?
Essentially instructions on how to apply to defer acceptances until next year.What’s the deferral email about?
mcsteamy273
Full Member
Rip [emoji24]. Glad they were so transparent in the email though.
That’s one thing I loved about this school - as much transparency about the process as they could share, updates as well. Definitely helped ease the anxiety a lot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right there with ya, especially at “we expect alternate list utilization will likely be lower than average.” RIPThe alternate list is out. I cry [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] at my rank
peachtea2000
26 Applications - II: 3 | A:0 | R: 5
I would think you are 9 but there could be more than one 9. So like if there were 6 people at 1, the next person would be 7 (rather than 2)Having a hard time understanding the ranking. So if it says 9 for my spot, and a total of 64 on the nonresident, does that mean 8 people are ahead of me, or is there some ambiguity with the people have the same ranks?
It can’t be worse than mine! 54/64. Well, I gave it my best shot but it’s looking like an eventual rejection.The alternate list is out. I cry [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] at my rank
mcsteamy273
Full Member
Yes, so I think they said in the email that if they OOS waitlist runs out, they will increase the in-state/utilize that list more. But they also said more students are deciding to enroll into UW SMPH than before.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K
- Replies
- 849
- Views
- 248K