You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Michigan
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any other schools we know that have twitters that regularly update too?FYI everyone!View attachment 375377
LurkingMom
New Member
Haven’t seen another Twitter but I know that Vanderbilt has an II tracker on their website:Any other schools we know that have twitters that regularly update too?
MD Program
Explore the MD program at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine with its innovative curriculum, clinical training, and social mission.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Oh man, the anticipation 😮💨FYI everyone!View attachment 375377
mednerd2000
Full Member
They really said here’s a sprinkle of anticipation and anxiety for yallFYI everyone!View attachment 375377
Wondering about the "parent contact information" section (under Other). I'm in my late 20s and I don't really want the med schools I apply to emailing or contacting my parents (don't think they'd appreciate it). What happens if I leave it blank, do we think?
Last edited:
They are not going to contact your parents don't worry about it, it's mostly for demographics and/or an emergency. Probably a relic from when they used to have in-person interviews. Just fill it outWondering about the "parent contact information" section (under Other). I'm in my late 20s and I don't really want the med schools I apply to emailing or contacting my parents (don't think they'd appreciate it). What happens if I leave it blank, do we think?
Update: called and asked, and they said it's OK to leave it blank in this case and it wouldn't have a negative impact on the application. The instructions say they periodically send general info about U of M to your parents during the application process, so wanted to avoid if possible 🙂They are not going to contact your parents don't worry about it, it's mostly for demographics and/or an emergency. Probably a relic from when they used to have in-person interviews. Just fill it out
Little-Dude
Full Member
Does anyone know why they automatic give secondaries to people who receive a 35th percentile on the mcat? Was wondering if they provide an mcat range of all admits
I think it's 35th percentile for the school not necessarily for the MCAT. They assume with that score have good knowledge and screen people below it for competency through their courseworkDoes anyone know why they automatic give secondaries to people who receive a 35th percentile on the mcat? Was wondering if they provide an mcat range of all admits
Little-Dude
Full Member
I think it's 35th percentile for the school not necessarily for the MCAT. They assume with that score have good knowledge and screen people below it for competency through their coursework
I think it’s MCAT. I’m just confused why they would look at it even though they don’t accept people with less than 500 mcat?
What time do they typically send out IIs? Just want to prepare myself for when to switch on the nerves tomo
From last year seems like they came between 7am and 10am pst. Seems like every other monday they send out ~20 IIsWhat time do they typically send out IIs? Just want to prepare myself for when to switch on the nerves tomo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My brother in christ, it is a Sunday. Tomorrow is when they start invites I believe!Did anyone get an interview today?
My brother in christ, it is a Sunday. Tomorrow is when they start invites I believe!
Omg idk why I thought today was Monday [emoji24] I was like why aren’t any of the threads filled with interview updates LOL
happyllama
Full Member
OOS Interview Invite!!
Congrats! Complete date? Stats? Dietary restrictions?OOS Interview Invite!!
stony24k
Full Member
SSN? Mother’s maiden name? Name of first pet?Congrats! Complete date? Stats? Dietary restrictions?
And let us know where you bank too. Yk, just to make sure they have branches in Ann ArborSSN? Mother’s maiden name? Name of first pet?
What’s everyone’s complete date!OOS II
happyllama
Full Member
Congrats! Complete date? Stats? Dietary restrictions?
LOLLLLL Secondary complete 7/13, 520/4.0, Lactose
Careful-Classroom
Full Member
These completion dates are making me feel a lot better haha
Want to say it was one of my first ones, 7/1 or 7/2. LM 75, very non tradWhat’s everyone’s complete date!
tunameltsandwich
Full Member
OOS II, LM 68ish, complete date 7/1
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
OOS II, LM 68ish, complete date 7/1
wow congerats, i have similar LM and didn’t think i’d have a shot
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Anyone know if they release interviews all at once, or do they roll em out throughout the day?
Complete date 7/1What’s everyone’s complete date!
Are any of these II for MSTP?
Mine is regular MDAre any of these II for MSTP?
way too early to be worried yet bud.Hey everyone, congrats on the interviews! So I complete the umich secondary 7/4, but did not receive and II, should I assume a soft rejection? Thanks for any responses.
Thank you for this quick response. Appreciate it 🙂way too early to be worried yet bud.
rutabag
New Member
Not sure, I got the email at 8:28am thoughAnyone know if they release interviews all at once, or do they roll em out throughout the day?
Anyone completed after 7/14 that received an interview today?
Looks like Michigan Monday is over. Congrats to everyone who got an II! According to their twitter, they sent out 36 II's from 20 states plus DC
Any IS?
seems like only OOS
seems like only OOS
seems like they all get released once the twitter page posts about it. i can forgive them this time but they don't send me an II by the next Monday i'll have to intervene.Anyone know if they release interviews all at once, or do they roll em out throughout the day?
'Till next Monday folks...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
'Till next Monday folks...
![]()
Is it every Monday?
Little-Dude
Full Member
No IS interviews
IIRC last year only OOS II's were reported the first few weeksAny IS?
seems like only OOS
If I submitted 6/30 and didn’t get anything today does that mean my chances are gone?
On twitter they said it was MD interviews. From previous years, it looks like the MD/PhD office sends out their IIs separately and they are not included in the Michigan Mondays 🙁Are any of these II for MSTP?