You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does this school do MMIs or is it more traditional ?
keksD
Full Member
trad but it was partially closed file. I ended up floundering around realizing that they had no idea what I was talking about or what year of school I was referring to. I think they just have access to our PS? and I love tony tonyDoes this school do MMIs or is it more traditional ?
D
deleted1124957
Access to everything except MCAT and grades.trad but it was partially closed file. I ended up floundering around realizing that they had no idea what I was talking about or what year of school I was referring to. I think they just have access to our PS? and I love tony tony
trad but it was partially closed file. I ended up floundering around realizing that they had no idea what I was talking about or what year of school I was referring to. I think they just have access to our PS? and I love tony tony
Congrats on the acceptance!! Thanks for letting me know! I also love the one who left it all behind and his overwhelming intensitytrad but it was partially closed file. I ended up floundering around realizing that they had no idea what I was talking about or what year of school I was referring to. I think they just have access to our PS? and I love tony tony
pickleballer123
New Member
Is it too early to send a letter of interest since I haven’t heard anything? If it’s not too early, who would I send it to?
D
deleted1124957
Pre or post II?Is it too early to send a letter of interest since I haven’t heard anything? If it’s not too early, who would I send it to?
pickleballer123
New Member
Pre, I haven’t heard anything and I submitted my secondary in August.Pre or post II?
Is there any information on post-II acceptances/waitlists available anywhere? I tried looking but couldn't find anything... just want to have a rough idea of what my chances of an A are after interviewing
Fateisasong
Full Member
how long after interviewing are we supposed to hear back?
Four to six weeks, that was what I was told. Got an answer slightly more than four weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same. I heard back around the 5-week mark.Four to six weeks, that was what I was told. Got an answer slightly more than four weeks.
brownsugarlatte
Full Member
Pre II R today. Pretty tough as I know quite a few people who have gone here. Complete 7/12
+1
Is it better to send an application update pre or post interveiw
futurephysician1994
Full Member
I was complete late September and have heard nothing since... anyone in the same boat?
D
deleted1150307
I was also complete first week of August no news I just submitted an update. Hopefully we hear good news!I was complete late September and have heard nothing since... anyone in the same boat?
futurephysician1994
Full Member
I guess I'll send an update soon too lol, keeping my fingers crossed! From the open house, them saying no response is a good sign so I'm hoping that remains true lolI was also complete first week of August no news I just submitted an update. Hopefully we hear good news!
Same hereI guess I'll send an update soon too lol, keeping my fingers crossed! From the open house, them saying no response is a good sign so I'm hoping that remains true lol
A about an hour ago!!! II 12/1.
futurephysician1994
Full Member
Lol did anyone else the admissions webinar for this friday?
D
deleted1150307
I got it too this like the second time, I thought it was the rejection email lol!Lol did anyone else the admissions webinar for this friday?
Got it as well. Doubt this means anything positive right?Lol did anyone else the admissions webinar for this friday?
GreatPanda
Full Member
Are they still sending out II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1124957
I would assume around 50-60 invites left given that the tracker hasn't updated in a few weeks.Are they still sending out II?
Got it as well. Doubt this means anything positive right?
Wondering this too…
GreatPanda
Full Member
Wondering if they take attendance LOLWondering this too…
Got it as well. Doubt this means anything positive right?
not sure if this info is helpful but i also got the webinar email too even though I’ve already been admitted
Interviewed mid-December but didn't receive the webinar email...
D
deleted1124957
NoDo they take attendance on the webinar, anyone know?
Nope, I attended one and they don’tDo they take attendance on the webinar, anyone know?
GreatPanda
Full Member
what we've learned in the webinar is useful once an II comes along ...
rainbow1234$$
Full Member
what we've learned in the webinar is useful once an II comes along ...
They mentioned they interview until mid-March but there’s only around 80 interviews left to give (based on last year) so I was confused by that
futurephysician1994
Full Member
ya i didnt even bother to attend since it sounds like everyone else still waiting for an II is most likely either for WL or rejections lol
primary app. submitted 9/1 | app. completed 12/16...
Is there any hope? How long after submitting did people, specifically out of state, typically hear back?
I'm a CA resident, ouwb app complete 7/31, II 10/25, interviewed 12/14, waiting on decisions
I also interviewed 12/14, I believe they said we should anticipate hearing back the week of 2/5I'm a CA resident, ouwb app complete 7/31, II 10/25, interviewed 12/14, waiting on decisions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone- recently got the A but it’s been a while since my interview day, does anyone remember what OUWB provides to their students (laptop, iPad, backpack, etc)? Totally remember them going over this but my memories blanking.
Hi everyone- recently got the A but it’s been a while since my interview day, does anyone remember what OUWB provides to their students (laptop, iPad, backpack, etc)? Totally remember them going over this but my memories blanking.
They mentioned iPad and Apple pencil definitely, not sure what else
Also a 13” MacBook Pro!They mentioned iPad and Apple pencil definitely, not sure what else
Hi guys can anyone give some insight into how their interview went, my interview is coming up soon? Was it chill with relatively easy basic questions or did they grill you hard with tough questions? also how did you guys go about prepping?
My first interviewer was super chill. They asked me a couple of "tell me about a time when..." type of questions, and the rest most mostly just a relaxed conversation about my experiences, my interests and hobbies, etc. My second interviewer was pretty serious though, and really grilled me with numerous questions relating to how I know I *really* want to be a physician, why I thought I'd be good at being a doctor, how I would handle certain difficult situations with patients, etc. They even brought up a super minor grammar error in one of my secondary essays and suggested that I correct it because it was a bad look to make grammar errors. I honestly thought I bombed the second interview because of how tough the interviewer grilled me. I ended up with an A as a low-stat applicant, though, so I guess it didn't go as badly as I thought. It seems like it just depends on who's interviewing you.Hi guys can anyone give some insight into how their interview went, my interview is coming up soon? Was it chill with relatively easy basic questions or did they grill you hard with tough questions? also how did you guys go about prepping?