2023-2024 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is it hopeless for me to have applied here without taking PREview? (Took casper if that matters)
OUWB recommended but did not require PREview so you should be fine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
is it hopeless for me to have applied here without taking PREview? (Took casper if that matters)
I did not take the preview exam and got an acceptance!

Anyone else interview mid August and has not heard back yet? Starting to get nervous...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to wait a little longer, then maybe reach out.

OOS WL rn

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now! IS, lower stats so I’m not that surprised. Good luck to everyone! No news is probably good news :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry everyone 😢 Are you guys all in state? When did you submit secondaries ?

What a time to send out rejections -- the day before open house :-/

• Sad
Would it make sense to send in an LOI or an email to admissions if I started a new clinical position with Beaumont two months ago that I didn't include on my application. I interviewed 10/6 so I'd assume they're nearing a decision around now.

Would it make sense to send in an LOI or an email to admissions if I started a new clinical position with Beaumont two months ago that I didn't include on my application. I interviewed 10/6 so I'd assume they're nearing a decision around now.
I would save it post potential waitlist.

Not sure if you attended the open house they had last week, but they said there that they don’t expect update letters or LOIs until January. They specifically said that updates before that wouldn’t make sense as people just recently applied.

If you want to update them on starting a new position with Beaumont, I personally would. But, I wouldn't send an LOI. At their recent information session, someone on admissions said sending updates on new positions right now is fine but to wait until around January before sending any LOI to them

Not sure if you attended the open house they had last week, but they said there that they don’t expect update letters or LOIs until January. They specifically said that updates before that wouldn’t make sense as people just recently applied.
I think the lady clarified that update letters are fine right now just not LOIs. At least that's what I heard her say but if anyone else attended, please correct me if I'm mistaken!

I remember her logic for not sending LOIs made total sense, she said: "you just applied, I would hope you're still interested..." which, honestly, touche and fair point lol.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Damnnnn, application tracker bugginnn

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpeg
    IMG_0388.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 290
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users