2023-2024 Ohio State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This might be a super dumb question but what is the Vitals portal where you can check your status? Is that the my.osu.edu portal they email you an activation link for a couple days after submitting the secondary? When I log into that after having activated it I don't see anything about the status of my application.
 
This might be a super dumb question but what is the Vitals portal where you can check your status? Is that the my.osu.edu portal they email you an activation link for a couple days after submitting the secondary? When I log into that after having activated it I don't see anything about the status of my application.
You should have gotten two emails, one to set up the my.osu.edu portal and another for the vitals portal. The vitals email had this subject line:

"Welcome to your OSU College of Medicine Application Portal"
 
You should have gotten two emails, one to set up the my.osu.edu portal and another for the vitals portal. The vitals email had this subject line:

"Welcome to your OSU College of Medicine Application Portal"
strange, i only got the one this morning -- hopefully the other one comes through at some point. thanks for the response!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PSA just because the essay looks normal when you finish copy/pasting does not mean it will be once you submit! A bunch of my punctuation marks turned into question marks so be careful
The solution to this issue is usually to use the most basic font and word processing format you can (like plain text or notepad on a Mac) before pasting your essay in.
 
PSA just because the essay looks normal when you finish copy/pasting does not mean it will be once you submit! A bunch of my punctuation marks turned into question marks so be careful
Where are you able to see the application after you submit it. We get so many logins it’s hard to keep track.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Highly recommend tracking everything on a spreadsheet! Columns included links to my amp portals for everything + extra things like open house dates
I mean like physically viewing my application to ensure that the character changes did not happen when I submitted as they previously said that it can happen after submission.
 
I mean like physically viewing my application to ensure that the character changes did not happen when I submitted as they previously said that it can happen after submission.
Use the link to view your application from when you submitted the secondary there's now a way to view your application instead of editing it. I actually can't view mine anymore because I created an official OSU account and my password manager saved over it so I've lost it now. It's the old portal from before.

The solution to this issue is usually to use the most basic font and word processing format you can (like plain text or notepad on a Mac) before pasting your essay in.
I know that's the solution I didn't expect it to happen because it looked fine before I hit submit. Then when I went back to view it I saw it got messed up AFTER I submitted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Ohio State for real with an email with subject line "You're Invited" that isn't an interview invitation? They should be charged with murder for that. Just no regard whatsoever for our heart rates/adrenal response. Unbelievable.
i havent even gotten this email yet but even though i know its coming I'm still going to get way too excited when i read the subject line.
 
PSA just because the essay looks normal when you finish copy/pasting does not mean it will be once you submit! A bunch of my punctuation marks turned into question marks so be careful
This happened to me too 🙁 I saved and checked before submission, but once submitted, apostrophes turned to question marks. I wonder what kind of bearings this would have on our applications?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great experience, very welcoming! Not stressful at all and both interviewers were wonderful to talk to. Come with questions for the Q and A sections, especially for the med student Q and A because they didn't already have questions to talk about.
thank you so much for the insight! 🙂 were the questions specific to your application or more generic questions?
 
This happened to me too 🙁 I saved and checked before submission, but once submitted, apostrophes turned to question marks. I wonder what kind of bearings this would have on our applications?
I'd hope not too much. I would assume it makes our essays a little harder to read but if they knew it was an issue and didn't fix it, it can't be entirely our fault, right?