You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Ohio State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Reply to the email!got the A! i’m excited and want to reserve my seat but their instructions are a little confusing…seems like all of their action items are to do later in the spring? does anyone know how you’re supposed to reserve the A
OOS II! Complete 9/9
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II Received! Complete 8/22
freefoodfriend
Full Member
For people receiving IIs what were your LM?
LM 72!For people receiving IIs what were your LM?
TerrificQuote23
Full Member
I was also a little bit confused by their instructions. Are the accept/decline link and $25 fee only meant to be submitted once you decide you will be attending here? It seems like that was kind of what they were getting at, but in last year's thread, I believe they clarified that it was just to reserve your seat. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be the same thing this year or if they changed it?got the A! i’m excited and want to reserve my seat but their instructions are a little confusing…seems like all of their action items are to do later in the spring? does anyone know how you’re supposed to reserve the A
Hi! So I called this morning and they said there’s no immediate steps to take now and that my seat is safe 🙂 They said most of the things in their email are due later or after commit to enroll including the feeI was also a little bit confused by their instructions. Are the accept/decline link and $25 fee only meant to be submitted once you decide you will be attending here? It seems like that was kind of what they were getting at, but in last year's thread, I believe they clarified that it was just to reserve your seat. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be the same thing this year or if they changed it?
Edit: looked at last year’s thread and that is strange 🤔 if anyone else wants to call and double check what they told me please let us know! They picked up on the first ring for me.
Last edited:
I am an IS applicant with a LM of 78 (complete on 8/16), and I haven't gotten a II from OSU yet. I am starting to worry. Should I send an update or letter of interest soon?
OSU tends to interview IS applicants later in the cycle. There was one guy a year or two ago with an 80 LM complete in July that got his II in March. Also, OSU doesn’t take pre II update letters anymore I don’t believe.I am an IS applicant with a LM of 78 (complete on 8/16), and I haven't gotten a II from OSU yet. I am starting to worry. Should I send an update or letter of interest soon?
premedsnake
New Member
Gave them a call today and can confirm that there are no immediate steps to take!Hi! So I called this morning and they said there’s no immediate steps to take now and that my seat is safe 🙂 They said most of the things in their email are due later or after commit to enroll including the fee
Edit: looked at last year’s thread and that is strange 🤔 if anyone else wants to call and double check what they told me please let us know! They picked up on the first ring for me.
yay thanks for double checking! I also asked my friend who's an M1 rn and she didn't have to pay the fee until committingGave them a call today and can confirm that there are no immediate steps to take!
OOS II today!!!! Submitted secondaries on 8/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ylwwj
Full Member
congratulations ! mind share stats ? thanks !OOS II today!!!! Submitted secondaries on 8/20
Have they sent out any rejections?
They don’t reject until April usuallyHave they sent out any rejections?
Jah090
Full Member
Did anyone else get this email
"You have been scheduled to complete the application to The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2024 Admissions Class. It is recommended all evaluations be completed as soon as possible and within 2 weeks of the assigned date"
I am confused because I didn't do any postbac or applied for one
"You have been scheduled to complete the application to The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2024 Admissions Class. It is recommended all evaluations be completed as soon as possible and within 2 weeks of the assigned date"
I am confused because I didn't do any postbac or applied for one
Got this email as well. Also confusedDid anyone else get this email
"You have been scheduled to complete the application to The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2024 Admissions Class. It is recommended all evaluations be completed as soon as possible and within 2 weeks of the assigned date"
I am confused because I didn't do any postbac or applied for one
D
deleted906592
I got one as well. It’s the application to the MEDPATH program.Did anyone else get this email
"You have been scheduled to complete the application to The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2024 Admissions Class. It is recommended all evaluations be completed as soon as possible and within 2 weeks of the assigned date"
I am confused because I didn't do any postbac or applied for one
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Got one as wellI got one as well. It’s the application to the MEDPATH program.
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Two Questions:
1.) Is this only sent out to select students?
2.) What's the success rate of getting into the program. I know they typically take 15 students per term year
1.) Is this only sent out to select students?
2.) What's the success rate of getting into the program. I know they typically take 15 students per term year
D
deleted906592
Based on the research I found online it is only sent to select applicants. I am unsure of the statistics but you should call and ask! I personally know 3 physicians (one a now anesthesia attending, the others a peds and obgyn resident). They told me they got a lot of support and said most people pass and subsequently enter the following m1 class.Two Questions:
1.) Is this only sent out to select students?
2.) What's the success rate of getting into the program. I know they typically take 15 students per term year
Last edited by a moderator:
What is the implication of receiving it? Does it mean they don't think you're qualified for this round?Based on the research I found online it is only sent to select applicants. I am unsure of the statistics but you should call and ask! I personally know 3 physicians (one a now anesthesia attending, the others a peds and obgyn resident). They told me they got a lot of support and said most people pass and subsequently enter the following m1 class.
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Basically yes. The email stated that we are not being considered for the regular MD program this cycle.What is the implication of receiving it? Does it mean they don't think you're qualified for this round?
Do they send that email out as a soft R? I still haven’t heard anything from them
D
deleted906592
Nah, it’s not a soft R. There are people who will get R’s that weren’t picked to receive the invite to MEDPATHDo they send that email out as a soft R? I still haven’t heard anything from them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
norinori88
Full Member
+1 tour invite lol
rutgerspremed
New Member
+1, what do we think the implications of this are?+1 tour invite lol
did you receive a deferred decision? this seems off, I interviewed in early October and they let us know immediately to expect our decision on October 16 so you definitely should’ve heard something by nowHas anyone that interviewed in September not yet heard back with a decision? I have been checking the portal religiously but nothing on it has changed since the interview
Has anyone that interviewed in September not yet heard back with a decision? I have been checking the portal religiously but nothing on it has changed since the interview
I go to undergrad here, and I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some people hear back right away, and others don’t hear until spring. Not sure what that means really, but hopefully you hear soon. Hang in there!
That’s odd :/ the portal still just said congratulations on interviewing with the date/time without any information about a decision (accepted or deferred)did you receive a deferred decision? this seems off, I interviewed in early October and they let us know immediately to expect our decision on October 16 so you definitely should’ve heard something by now
well no news is good news!! hang in there, manifesting an A for you soon!!!That’s odd :/ the portal still just said congratulations on interviewing with the date/time without any information about a decision (accepted or deferred)
Did you get this with or without an interview invite?+1, what do we think the implications of this are?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
How often are exams and quizzes? @CurrentOSUStudents
norinori88
Full Member
This was sent to me after my interview. The tour is exactly on the day they told us to expect a decision :0Did you get this with or without an interview invite?
ohh i see i believe this is a general tour invite to whomever got an interview invite because I didn't do mine yet and I got a tour invite as wellThis was sent to me after my interview. The tour is exactly on the day they told us to expect a decision :0
Little-Dude
Full Member
Do they accept updated letters?
i am getting triggered at the “you’re invited” emails
Not sure if this has been brought up before on this thread but what exactly does being "deferred" mean? When do people who have been deferred typically hear back?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Love to know what the chances look like and what to do for the time being.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Love to know what the chances look like and what to do for the time being.
D
deleted1171273
Accepted IS (monday) after being deferred 10/16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Milagros16339
Full Member
For those who have received decisions, what time was it available on the portal?
i think it’s up as early as 6-7 amFor those who have received decisions, what time was it available on the portal?
D
deleted1170896
Did you send a letter of interest?Accepted IS (monday) after being deferred 10/16
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K