2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the A! i’m excited and want to reserve my seat but their instructions are a little confusing…seems like all of their action items are to do later in the spring? does anyone know how you’re supposed to reserve the A

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
got the A! i’m excited and want to reserve my seat but their instructions are a little confusing…seems like all of their action items are to do later in the spring? does anyone know how you’re supposed to reserve the A
Reply to the email!

OOS II! Complete 9/9

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also a little bit confused by their instructions. Are the accept/decline link and $25 fee only meant to be submitted once you decide you will be attending here? It seems like that was kind of what they were getting at, but in last year's thread, I believe they clarified that it was just to reserve your seat. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be the same thing this year or if they changed it?

I was also a little bit confused by their instructions. Are the accept/decline link and $25 fee only meant to be submitted once you decide you will be attending here? It seems like that was kind of what they were getting at, but in last year's thread, I believe they clarified that it was just to reserve your seat. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be the same thing this year or if they changed it?
Hi! So I called this morning and they said there’s no immediate steps to take now and that my seat is safe :) They said most of the things in their email are due later or after commit to enroll including the fee

Edit: looked at last year’s thread and that is strange 🤔 if anyone else wants to call and double check what they told me please let us know! They picked up on the first ring for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am an IS applicant with a LM of 78 (complete on 8/16), and I haven't gotten a II from OSU yet. I am starting to worry. Should I send an update or letter of interest soon?

I am an IS applicant with a LM of 78 (complete on 8/16), and I haven't gotten a II from OSU yet. I am starting to worry. Should I send an update or letter of interest soon?
OSU tends to interview IS applicants later in the cycle. There was one guy a year or two ago with an 80 LM complete in July that got his II in March. Also, OSU doesn’t take pre II update letters anymore I don’t believe.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! So I called this morning and they said there’s no immediate steps to take now and that my seat is safe :) They said most of the things in their email are due later or after commit to enroll including the fee

Edit: looked at last year’s thread and that is strange 🤔 if anyone else wants to call and double check what they told me please let us know! They picked up on the first ring for me.
Gave them a call today and can confirm that there are no immediate steps to take!

Gave them a call today and can confirm that there are no immediate steps to take!
yay thanks for double checking! I also asked my friend who's an M1 rn and she didn't have to pay the fee until committing

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed at OSU for their MSTP program just got an email for an administrative update?

IS acceptance today! LM 77, secondary submitted 8/21, interviewed 10/16

Other accepted students - is there a GroupMe or anything?

OOS deferred😢, interviewed 10/18, sad because osu is my alma mater

Did anyone else get this email

"You have been scheduled to complete the application to The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2024 Admissions Class. It is recommended all evaluations be completed as soon as possible and within 2 weeks of the assigned date"

I am confused because I didn't do any postbac or applied for one

"You have been scheduled to complete the application to The Ohio State University College of Medicine Post Baccalaureate Program Application on 2024 Admissions Class. It is recommended all evaluations be completed as soon as possible and within 2 weeks of the assigned date"

Got this email as well. Also confused

I got one as well. It’s the application to the MEDPATH program.

Two Questions:

1.) Is this only sent out to select students?

2.) What's the success rate of getting into the program. I know they typically take 15 students per term year

Two Questions:

1.) Is this only sent out to select students?

2.) What's the success rate of getting into the program. I know they typically take 15 students per term year
Based on the research I found online it is only sent to select applicants. I am unsure of the statistics but you should call and ask! I personally know 3 physicians (one a now anesthesia attending, the others a peds and obgyn resident). They told me they got a lot of support and said most people pass and subsequently enter the following m1 class.

Last edited:
Based on the research I found online it is only sent to select applicants. I am unsure of the statistics but you should call and ask! I personally know 3 physicians (one a now anesthesia attending, the others a peds and obgyn resident). They told me they got a lot of support and said most people pass and subsequently enter the following m1 class.
What is the implication of receiving it? Does it mean they don't think you're qualified for this round?

What is the implication of receiving it? Does it mean they don't think you're qualified for this round?
Basically yes. The email stated that we are not being considered for the regular MD program this cycle.

Do they send that email out as a soft R? I still haven’t heard anything from them

Do they send that email out as a soft R? I still haven’t heard anything from them
Nah, it’s not a soft R. There are people who will get R’s that weren’t picked to receive the invite to MEDPATH

Has anyone that interviewed in September not yet heard back with a decision? I have been checking the portal religiously but nothing on it has changed since the interview

Has anyone that interviewed in September not yet heard back with a decision? I have been checking the portal religiously but nothing on it has changed since the interview
did you receive a deferred decision? this seems off, I interviewed in early October and they let us know immediately to expect our decision on October 16 so you definitely should’ve heard something by now

I go to undergrad here, and I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some people hear back right away, and others don’t hear until spring. Not sure what that means really, but hopefully you hear soon. Hang in there!

• Care
did you receive a deferred decision? this seems off, I interviewed in early October and they let us know immediately to expect our decision on October 16 so you definitely should’ve heard something by now
That’s odd :/ the portal still just said congratulations on interviewing with the date/time without any information about a decision (accepted or deferred)

That’s odd :/ the portal still just said congratulations on interviewing with the date/time without any information about a decision (accepted or deferred)
well no news is good news!! hang in there, manifesting an A for you soon!!!

• Care
This was sent to me after my interview. The tour is exactly on the day they told us to expect a decision :0
ohh i see i believe this is a general tour invite to whomever got an interview invite because I didn't do mine yet and I got a tour invite as well

Not sure if this has been brought up before on this thread but what exactly does being "deferred" mean? When do people who have been deferred typically hear back?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Love to know what the chances look like and what to do for the time being.

Accepted IS (monday) after being deferred 10/16

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!!! IS, LM 68, Complete 9/5 interviewed nov

• Love
Reactions: 3 users