2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted OOS!! First one! Interview early Nov

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For the Brief Survey you need to fill out after watching the videos, can we only ask one question because the question says "If you would like to submit a question to be answered during your Virtual Interview Day session, please do so below:"

Obviously for student interviewers it says "any questions" so I am assuming for student interviewers we can ask unlimited amount.

Also are our names attached to these questions or are they like just general Q&A style?
It's a general Q&A style with no names mentioned, and you can probably put more than one question but they might not all be answered

Accepted OOS and don't know how to act - first A!
Interviewed late October and found out today via portal and an 8AM phone call, LM 72.

Members don't see this ad :)
after the interview did you guys receive an email stating the date you’ll receive a decision?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they do post-II rejections or do they just defer; I know their website says they reject but it seems like everyone gets deferred

Does anyone know if they do post-II rejections or do they just defer; I know their website says they reject but it seems like everyone gets deferred
From my understanding it is pretty rare for them to reject post-II but it does happen. I think most people don’t get the R until end of the cycle

Reactions: 1 user
To y'all who interviewed, were interviews open or closed file? Or a mix?

Do you email them the update letter or is there a place to upload it :0
I'm not entirely sure, waiting on an interview myself. Based on my research it seemed like an email was acceptable.

I'm in-state and thought I was a competitive applicant, but I haven't heard anything. Do they send pre-II rejections?

• Care
I'm in-state and thought I was a competitive applicant, but I haven't heard anything. Do they send pre-II rejections?
From what I hear, they typically interview in state applicants later in the cycle.

+1 deferred at 9:13 AM CT. Should I send a LOI?

• Care
Got the call!! OOS A!! :)

(interviewed 11/15)

• Love
OOS deferred today despite having a great interview experience. Should I lose hope yet?

Just checked vitals and got the OOS A after being deferred on 10/16! Still in shock. Don't lose hope there's still so much time!

Good luck to all those deferred and still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just checked vitals and got the OOS A after being deferred on 10/16! Still in shock. Don't lose hope there's still so much time!

Good luck to all those deferred and still waiting!
congrats, that’s amazing!!!! you have definitely given me some hope after also being deferred the 16th

Anybody from 11/20 hear back?
I think I saw you interviewed for CMT correct? I also interviewed for CMT and have not heard anything yet. At one of the informational sessions they had, they stated the committee was only meeting three times (once in mid-December, and then February, and March if I remember correctly). So, I think we will just have to wait for an early Christmas present.

Deferred today. Interviewed 11/13 OOS. Thought the interview went great so keeping my fingers cross for an A🤞

Were y'all able to find out who your interviewers were ahead of time?

Were y'all able to find out who your interviewers were ahead of time?
You can the morning of, they send out google calendar invites with the zoom links for each interview

Is there an accepted student gc yet? Would love to get to know everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just made a GroupMe for accepted students!
You're invited to my new group 'OSU COM Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

received OOS II this morning! anyone know if they’re interviewing for waitlist spots now?

Reactions: 3 users
received OOS II this morning! anyone know if they’re interviewing for waitlist spots now?
Congrats! My guess would be that it is not just for a waitlist spot. Schools that utilize delayed decision, like Ohio St, generally don’t interview for only waitlists. The delayed decision is designed to make sure someone who interviews in Sept has the same chance of acceptance as someone who interviews in Feb. This is just my best guess but I’m sure you have as good of a shot as anyone. Good luck!