You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Ohio State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
happyfeet16
Full Member
IS II today! Very grateful!! 🥰
Complete 08/20/2023
Complete 08/20/2023
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any ties?OOS II today! Secondary submitted 8/21. LM 69
invaderzim24
Full Member
has anyone who is currently deferred sent a letter of intent?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
has anyone received any info on applying for financial aid (e.g., fafsa, css, etc.) from this school ?
I visited campus last weekend and they said to fill out FAFSA as soon as you can. Rest of FA info coming out in coming weekshas anyone received any info on applying for financial aid (e.g., fafsa, css, etc.) from this school ?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
thank you so much!I visited campus last weekend and they said to fill out FAFSA as soon as you can. Rest of FA info coming out in coming weeks
They usually send IIs up to early March. Massive pre-II R wave comes early AprilHow long is OSU's interview season? And do they send out pre-II Rs?
D
deleted1181303
IS A! Was deferred 10/16, Interviewed 9/13
swagsurfer777
New Member
IS A! Was deferred after interview mid-October
medbunny10
New Member
Besides waiting for the AMCAS - Choose Your Medical School Tool to open, is there anywhere on OSU's website for us to accept the offer? Unlike some of the other schools I have had to respond to, I cannot seem to find a place to submit anything to OSU to accept the offer. I just want to make sure I am not missing a deadline or anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II, Completed 9/11
LM? Ties?OOS II, Completed 9/11
D
deleted1181303
Buckeyelink in the applicant center you can accept the offer, but you are only supposed to accept in the applicant center once you know you will go there for sure. This is verbatim from an email you probably got too.Besides waiting for the AMCAS - Choose Your Medical School Tool to open, is there anywhere on OSU's website for us to accept the offer? Unlike some of the other schools I have had to respond to, I cannot seem to find a place to submit anything to OSU to accept the offer. I just want to make sure I am not missing a deadline or anything
Once you have made your final decision regarding your matriculation plans, you are required to pay a $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the program. Please indicate your formal acceptance to the College of Medicine as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS by logging into your Applicant Center. There, you will be able to:
· Accept or decline your offer of admission by clicking the Accept / Decline link on the main page.
· Pay the acceptance fee when accepting your admission using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
· Verify/update your contact information.
LM 67 no ties!LM? Ties?
medbunny10
New Member
thank you! I got very confused because I clicked on the link for the Applicant Center and it kept taking me to the Incorrect URL page. Thanks again!Buckeyelink in the applicant center you can accept the offer, but you are only supposed to accept in the applicant center once you know you will go there for sure. This is verbatim from an email you probably got too.
Once you have made your final decision regarding your matriculation plans, you are required to pay a $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the program. Please indicate your formal acceptance to the College of Medicine as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS by logging into your Applicant Center. There, you will be able to:
· Accept or decline your offer of admission by clicking the Accept / Decline link on the main page.
· Pay the acceptance fee when accepting your admission using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
· Verify/update your contact information.
View attachment 381962
IS II, complete 7/30
i would also like to know thisHas anyone emailed them about their connection to Ohio? I know they don’t accept any letters before II
OOS deferred, interview 1/29
palladiumpuppy
Full Member
OOS A! Got the call this morning at 9:10 am
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cryingpremed
Full Member
Are March interviews usually for the waitlist?
Did they announce when second look is yet?
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
4/12 I'm p sureDid they announce when second look is yet?
cryingpremed
Full Member
What does the pre-interview survey consist off? Is there a section for updates?Did anyone get any kind of email confirmation after submitting the pre-interview survey? I submitted it last week but I did not get a confirmation
Admissions but you should wait until April or whatever the first day to commit is. Sending it any earlier is useless because the waitlist won't move until accepted students decide not to take their offers.Not sure if this has been asked before.
If sending a letter of intent do we address to anyone specific or just admissions?
Which email is preferred?
This applies to deferred students as well? I'm anticipating mosting to waitlist but currently I am deferred.Admissions but you should wait until April or whatever the first day to commit is. Sending it any earlier is useless because the waitlist won't move until accepted students decide not to take their offers.
norinori88
Full Member
hey gang my portal says I'm still deferred but the AMCAS "choose your medical school application" says I'm alternate list. Is this the waitlist or does alternate list mean deferred?
D
deleted1157211
+1. the date is 10/15 which is the day I was deferred so who knowshey gang my portal says I'm still deferred but the AMCAS "choose your medical school application" says I'm alternate list. Is this the waitlist or does alternate list mean deferred?
Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Ohio state!
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Ohio state have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Ohio state?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
- Does Ohio state have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Ohio state?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
mj_lobster
Full Member
OOS II, complete mid-August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredrhan
New Member
For those wondering about being deferred, I interviewed in early October and got deferred in November. I got accepted last month. No update or LOI was sent.
Also wondering this!Hi! has anyone sent a letter of intent pre-decision but post-II? Also, is anyone getting rejected post II or just alt list? PM me!
I think alt-list/waitlist/deferred are all the same thing for OSU. The portal never updates but if you go into the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School portal you're listed as on the "alt list".This applies to deferred students as well? I'm anticipating mosting to waitlist but currently I am deferred.
Do people already see OSU on the CYMS? I was deferred in October and don’t see anything
invaderzim24
Full Member
I was deferred then too but I don't have the cyms link on my AMCAS form - I just assumed it was cause I haven't been accepted anywhere yetDo people already see OSU on the CYMS? I was deferred in October and don’t see anything
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K