2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II (CMT)
Complete 7/21

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
IS II today! Very grateful!! 🥰
Complete 08/20/2023

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II today! Secondary submitted 8/21. LM 69

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No final decisions in a while...

Do Something GIF by America's Next Top Model

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone received any info on applying for financial aid (e.g., fafsa, css, etc.) from this school ?

How long is OSU's interview season? And do they send out pre-II Rs?

IS A call this morning! LM 81.5, interviewed 1/22

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Besides waiting for the AMCAS - Choose Your Medical School Tool to open, is there anywhere on OSU's website for us to accept the offer? Unlike some of the other schools I have had to respond to, I cannot seem to find a place to submit anything to OSU to accept the offer. I just want to make sure I am not missing a deadline or anything

Besides waiting for the AMCAS - Choose Your Medical School Tool to open, is there anywhere on OSU's website for us to accept the offer? Unlike some of the other schools I have had to respond to, I cannot seem to find a place to submit anything to OSU to accept the offer. I just want to make sure I am not missing a deadline or anything
Buckeyelink in the applicant center you can accept the offer, but you are only supposed to accept in the applicant center once you know you will go there for sure. This is verbatim from an email you probably got too.

Once you have made your final decision regarding your matriculation plans, you are required to pay a $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the program. Please indicate your formal acceptance to the College of Medicine as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS by logging into your Applicant Center. There, you will be able to:

· Accept or decline your offer of admission by clicking the Accept / Decline link on the main page.

· Pay the acceptance fee when accepting your admission using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.

· Verify/update your contact information.
Capture.PNG

Reactions: 1 users
Buckeyelink in the applicant center you can accept the offer, but you are only supposed to accept in the applicant center once you know you will go there for sure. This is verbatim from an email you probably got too.

Once you have made your final decision regarding your matriculation plans, you are required to pay a $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm your enrollment in the program. Please indicate your formal acceptance to the College of Medicine as soon as you indicate your final decision via the "Commit to Enroll" action in AMCAS by logging into your Applicant Center. There, you will be able to:

· Accept or decline your offer of admission by clicking the Accept / Decline link on the main page.

· Pay the acceptance fee when accepting your admission using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.

· Verify/update your contact information.
View attachment 381962
thank you! I got very confused because I clicked on the link for the Applicant Center and it kept taking me to the Incorrect URL page. Thanks again!

Has anyone emailed them about their connection to Ohio? I know they don’t accept any letters before II

Did anyone get any kind of email confirmation after submitting the pre-interview survey? I submitted it last week but I did not get a confirmation

Does OSU reject throughout the cycle or do they just wait until end of March to send to everyone?

Did anyone get any kind of email confirmation after submitting the pre-interview survey? I submitted it last week but I did not get a confirmation
What does the pre-interview survey consist off? Is there a section for updates?

Not sure if this has been asked before.
If sending a letter of intent do we address to anyone specific or just admissions?
Which email is preferred?

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure if this has been asked before.
If sending a letter of intent do we address to anyone specific or just admissions?
Which email is preferred?
Admissions but you should wait until April or whatever the first day to commit is. Sending it any earlier is useless because the waitlist won't move until accepted students decide not to take their offers.

Admissions but you should wait until April or whatever the first day to commit is. Sending it any earlier is useless because the waitlist won't move until accepted students decide not to take their offers.
This applies to deferred students as well? I'm anticipating mosting to waitlist but currently I am deferred.

hey gang my portal says I'm still deferred but the AMCAS "choose your medical school application" says I'm alternate list. Is this the waitlist or does alternate list mean deferred?

hey gang my portal says I'm still deferred but the AMCAS "choose your medical school application" says I'm alternate list. Is this the waitlist or does alternate list mean deferred?
+1. the date is 10/15 which is the day I was deferred so who knows

Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Ohio state!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

- Does Ohio state have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Ohio state?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)

For those wondering about being deferred, I interviewed in early October and got deferred in November. I got accepted last month. No update or LOI was sent.

This applies to deferred students as well? I'm anticipating mosting to waitlist but currently I am deferred.
I think alt-list/waitlist/deferred are all the same thing for OSU. The portal never updates but if you go into the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School portal you're listed as on the "alt list".