2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Penn State tends to accept slowly in the fall and faster in the spring. I would guess less than 35 people have heard back from interviews at the absolute max (probs closer to 20 people tbh). Don’t fret. The big wave is usually early January (and maybe next week but I’m speculating - edit: my speculation/spider senses were right).

Also, this is further speculation, but PSU very rare rejects people at this point in the cycle. It’s usually an acceptance or a waitlist. Rejections start later in the cycle
 
Last edited:
Manifesting that A call for myself + everyone else that has interviewed and keeps refreshing their email/ picks up every phone call on the first ring [emoji120][emoji120] we got this!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to those who were accepted today (and those who were previously accepted)! Feel free to PM me questions you might have about the school (no guarantees I can answer everything).

For those who are waitlisted, I would encourage you to communicate any updates and an intent to enroll in the coming weeks. Don’t lose hope, especially if this is the medical school you want to attend.
 
Interviewing this week and I am super nervous. I've seen mixed things in this thread but not sure what to expect. Please let me know if anyone has advice!
Same here. Extremely nervous as well. I hear 5 questions with 5 minute responses each. Also, some say its more like an MMI format, so be prepared for questions that may stem outside the scope of "normal" interview questions. You can look up sources of common MMI questions to skim through. I'm reading their website, my primary and secondary apps and then practicing some basic questions. You get to ask two questions to the interviewers at the end. Best of luck
 
Same here. Extremely nervous as well. I hear 5 questions with 5 minute responses each. Also, some say it’s more like an MMI format, so be prepared for questions that may stem outside the scope of "normal" interview questions. You can look up sources of common MMI questions to skim through. I'm reading their website, my primary and secondary apps and then practicing some basic questions. You get to ask two questions to the interviewers at the end. Best of luck
I had mine already and this is a good description! Good luck to you as well!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome! Do you feel as though the interview was engaging for both sides, or did you feel like it was mainly you doing the talking with not a lot of room from conversation? People were claiming it was more like the latter

Completed my interview too. Can confirm it was one sided on your end. They’ll ask follow up questions but it’s based on what they’re supposed to ask and nothing more.

Ex: the 2 interviewers introduced themselves and after they finished so I went “oh I guess it’s time to introduce myself too “I’m ___”, im from ___…” but they cut me off mid sentence and said “we have a specific set of questions we need to ask you so let’s get started”. And then they started

I 200% left that interview wondering if I did well and if there was any way I could have done better. You just kinda answer their question and move on

Hope this helps!
 
Completed my interview too. Can confirm it was one sided on your end. They’ll ask follow up questions but it’s based on what they’re supposed to ask and nothing more.

Ex: the 2 interviewers introduced themselves and after they finished so I went “oh I guess it’s time to introduce myself too “I’m ___”, im from ___…” but they cut me off mid sentence and said “we have a specific set of questions we need to ask you so let’s get started”. And then they started

I 200% left that interview wondering if I did well and if there was any way I could have done better. You just kinda answer their question and move on

Hope this helps!
This 100% helps, thank you! Its unfortunate that its no longer conversational, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Should be an interesting experience. How was the rest of the interview day?
 
This 100% helps, thank you! Its unfortunate that its no longer conversational, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Should be an interesting experience. How was the rest of the interview day?

Rest of the day was great. I know others have said that the morning portion before interviews isn’t necessary. But I liked it a lot. The guy was super nice, warm, and welcoming- helped a bit with the nerves. The rest of the day was nice- the students are sweet, funny, and honest.
I really enjoyed myself!
 
Rest of the day was great. I know others have said that the morning portion before interviews isn’t necessary. But I liked it a lot. The guy was super nice, warm, and welcoming- helped a bit with the nerves. The rest of the day was nice- the students are sweet, funny, and honest.
I really enjoyed myself!
Glad to hear it. Just gotta buckle down for that awkward half hour interview and the rest sounds like fun. Thanks for all the feed back
 
Interview I thought was okay. Introduction was lighthearted and helped ease the tension. Lots of down time before/after your faculty interview (depending on when it is). Faculty interview asked very generic questions. Biggest piece of advice I can give is just to know about the schools mission and curriculum.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad