You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pennsylvania State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Perfect, thank you!I asked admissions and they said to email them your letter(s) in a pdf and they forward them
DoctorBrownie
Full Member
+1Anyone heard back post interview decisions? I interviewed 09/14 and its radio silence since. I thought decisions start coming out October 15th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they have not released any acceptances yet
bostonamherst
New Member
Do you know when they will start releasing acceptances?they have not released any acceptances yet
so their class size is only 85 students? i thought this was a bigger school lolOn MSAR it says Penn interviewed 583 OOS applicants and 85 matriculated
OOS (out-of state) matriculants is 85, there are more IS (in-state) matriculants. Also, that means that more than 85+ OOS acceptances were given, since usually not everyone that gets accepted matriculates. Im guessing they give somewhere between 100-120 OOS acceptances (only an estimate)so their class size is only 85 students? i thought this was a bigger school lol
Does anyone know when mid-August completions usually hear back?
chocolatelovernom
Full Member
During my interview day, someone asked that and they said we should be hearing back within 6-8 weeksDo you know when they will start releasing acceptances?
Milagros16339
Full Member
Post-ii hold list today. Does anyone know what the movement of that looks like? OOS
LeMonTrEE68
New Member
First OOS A an hour ago! Very delighted, but that 2-week window to accept our offer without any financial aid pkg info or having heard back from any other school makes me nervous 🙄 Feel we're too early in the cycle to commit...
I think “A” just means you’re considering them. I believe the only instance you would decline is if there were already a college you absolutely would rather attend than here that you were already admittedFirst OOS A an hour ago! Very delighted, but that 2-week window to accept our offer without any financial aid pkg info or having heard back from any other school makes me nervous 🙄 Feel we're too early in the cycle to commit...
LeMonTrEE68
New Member
So replying to the email to accept the offer doesn't necessarily mean committing? that's so reassuring. Thank you!I think “A” just means you’re considering them. I believe the only instance you would decline is if there were already a college you absolutely would rather attend than here that you were already admitted
9/14!Congrats on the A’s! When did y’all interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my one other A, they specified that with the same two week window. AAMC won’t punish you for holding multiple acceptances until May. I think they mostly do the accept/decline thing as a courtesy. They understand they might not be your only A and would like to shift their focus if you have no intention of attending thereSo replying to the email to accept the offer doesn't necessarily mean committing? that's so reassuring. Thank you!
9/14!
jackie3333
New Member
did anyone receive decisions from an interview date after 9/14?
Just to confirm, we need to accept it on the portal right? Not email?
callmedoctor_
New Member
Got the A yesterday! Interviewed 9/11
IS II! Complete 7/22 🙂
Do we need to pay the deposit this early?
From their website:Do we need to pay the deposit this early?
Applicant's Response to Acceptance Offer
Maximum time: Two weeks on or before April 30*; Five business days after April 30*Note: Deposit to hold place in class of $100, applicable to tuition, is due by May 15*, and is not refundable after that date.
Ok, so we have to respond and accept our acceptance but we don't need to pay the deposit quite yet. Thanks!From their website:
Applicant's Response to Acceptance Offer
Maximum time: Two weeks on or before April 30*; Five business days after April 30*
Note: Deposit to hold place in class of $100, applicable to tuition, is due by May 15*, and is not refundable after that date.
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
Website said 6-8 weeks for a response, I interviewed before you and am just coming up on 6 weeks so no reason to panic yet.Interviewed September 28. Still haven't gotten a response. Is anyone else in the same boat? Does silence = rejection?
bstomd2024
Full Member
OOS interview with very close ties to PA, 505/3.8, complete around 7/13! Email came around 2 pm. 🙂Website said 6-8 weeks for a response, I interviewed before you and am just coming up on 6 weeks so no reason to panic yet.
D
deleted1071450
Does anyone know if this school ever gives generous financial aid/scholarships?
Does anyone have any interview tips since it seems to be decently diff than last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they just ask standard questions, no access to your information. just practice the most common questions
calmandrain
Full Member
Does anyone have advice for interview day? I'm seeing a mix of responses on this thread. I know its closed file but is it only traditional questions or are there also MMI questions? No idea what to expect
Whiplash72
Full Member
II received last night. Super stoked as it’s my top choice
Happisquirrell
Full Member
Congrats! When was your secondary complete?II received last night. Super stoked as it’s my top choice
Whiplash72
Full Member
9/5 secondary completion. I was actually expecting an II (if I were to even get one) much later based on what other people were sayingCongrats! When was your secondary complete?
Whiplash72
Full Member
Now that more of you probably interviewed, I was wondering if there was any extra info or advice that you could offer for interview day? What types of questions should I expect to be asked. Is the interview more conversational or more "question-answer" themed? Thanks!
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
By far the most structured interview I've had. 2 interviewers, closed file. They ask 5 questions with ~5 minutes to respond to each, then you have 5 minutes to ask up to 2 questions of your interviewers. They also ask that you keep everything generic, i.e. don't say any specific schools you attended or companies/programs you have worked for.Now that more of you probably interviewed, I was wondering if there was any extra info or advice that you could offer for interview day? What types of questions should I expect to be asked. Is the interview more conversational or more "question-answer" themed? Thanks!
Whiplash72
Full Member
Sounds like fun. Thank you for the info!By far the most structured interview I've had. 2 interviewers, closed file. They ask 5 questions with ~5 minutes to respond to each, then you have 5 minutes to ask up to 2 questions of your interviewers. They also ask that you keep everything generic, i.e. don't say any specific schools you attended or companies/programs you have worked for.
calmandrain
Full Member
Thank you! Just to confirm, we are allowed to describe our experiences just not mention the specific name of the company or internship/experience?By far the most structured interview I've had. 2 interviewers, closed file. They ask 5 questions with ~5 minutes to respond to each, then you have 5 minutes to ask up to 2 questions of your interviewers. They also ask that you keep everything generic, i.e. don't say any specific schools you attended or companies/programs you have worked for.
Whiplash72
Full Member
I think its just to avoid any bias between interviewer and applicant. They may show more favor to someone who has gone to Penn State or worked for their hospital, for example, more than an applicant who has not. Since its closed file, they won't see that unless you specifically mention it in the interview.Thank you! Just to confirm, we are allowed to describe our experiences just not mention the specific name of the company or internship/experience?
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
Correct, they just are trying to make it as unbiased as possible. I just felt like it made things slightly more impersonal when paired with the very structured nature of the interview as a whole.Thank you! Just to confirm, we are allowed to describe our experiences just not mention the specific name of the company or internship/experience?
scullybythesword
Full Member
Congrats! complete date and LM?OOS II received, happy thanksgiving!!!
girlonamission11
Full Member
any connections?Thank you!!! Secondary submitted 7/12 and LM 66.3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rubybarnard
New Member
Has anybody who interviewed on or before 10/2 not heard back yet? today is 8 weeks...
I interviewed 9/21, and still nothing lol... we waitHas anybody who interviewed on or before 10/2 not heard back yet? today is 8 weeks...
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
Seems like they've been doing a decent job sticking to the 6-8 week timeline but I think the last 2 weeks have slowed down a bit, probably because of the holiday I would guess.I interviewed 9/21, and still nothing lol... we wait