-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Quinnipiac
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Latest msar data is 362 total, IS and OOS.My MSAR subscription expired. Can someone lmk how many II’s are sent out each year?
supa_sama123
Full Member
Latest msar data is 362 total, IS and OOS.
in my recent interview in the past week or so they said they already did over 400 interviews this year, so it seems like the number of interviews has substantially increased from last yearMy MSAR subscription expired. Can someone lmk how many II’s are sent out each year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh - does that mean acceptance rate post II is lower?in my recent interview in the past week or so they said they already did over 400 interviews this year, so it seems like the number of interviews has substantially increased from last year
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
Hard to quantify exactly. They are interviewing more but they may also accept more since schools know that not all that accept will actually go. I'd say if they did interview this many more people, the post-II rate will go down, but who knows by how much.Oh - does that mean acceptance rate post II is lower?
pacesmom101
Full Member
Does anyone know how late they interview? I'm really praying for an II here
dorisandfriends
Full Member
Just withdrew my II. Hope it goes to one of you all — good luck!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your LM score?Just got an II!!! OOS, complete 12/1
Anyone know if they appreciate thank you emails to interviewers?
ACKjp
Full Member
Yup nearly every school doesAnyone know if they appreciate thank you emails to interviewers?
Anyone know if they appreciate thank you emails to interviewers?
I didn’t bc I did not get my interviewers emails and still got in, but def do if you can!
I didn’t bc I did not get my interviewers emails and still got in, but def do if you can!
same, I also didn't have the chance to get their emails but still got an A! definitely do if you can though
Bangaliboy
Full Member
the med student interviewer gave me her email! As for the faculty interviewer I reached out to our admissions contact and he provided the email. Both replied immediately and were very appreciative!Anyone know if they appreciate thank you emails to interviewers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Username88
Full Member
Just got a II yesterday! OOS, LM 69
The interview dates got taken pretty fast; initially was busy with work, and in a few hours that timeslot that I first saw in Feb. was full. Thankfully they opened another one up in the same month!
The interview dates got taken pretty fast; initially was busy with work, and in a few hours that timeslot that I first saw in Feb. was full. Thankfully they opened another one up in the same month!
OOS A! 😁
SavageLovesToRead
Full Member
OOS A, interviewed 12/11
Bangaliboy
Full Member
OOS A today interviewed 12/1
stressedtiredsad
New Member
any IS interviewers hear back?? I interviewed in November and starting to get worried 🙁 the waiting game is rough
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
My interview was early November...bad sign to be seeing all these decisions for applicants with later interviews? I'm OOS.
Just got an OOS II, going to decline the interview and hope it goes to one of you 🙂
Not yet. There's some information on their website for accepted students: Financial Aid for Frank H. Netter MD School of MedicineHas anyone with an A heard anything about scholarships or financial aid? Both merit and need-based
crispyapple
New Member
Hello! Sorry for being off topic, but I was wondering if there were any current med students here who know where to search for affordable housing options or have any recommendations for particular apt complexes?
They sent out an email today about housing!Hello! Sorry for being off topic, but I was wondering if there were any current med students here who know where to search for affordable housing options or have any recommendations for particular apt complexes?
they sent me an email a few weeks ago about financial aid nothing about scholarships. email their financial aid department they were very helpfulHas anyone with an A heard anything about scholarships or financial aid? Both merit and need-based
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected just now post-interview. :/
OOS A! Interviewed 12/13.
If you are looking for something very close to campus, like a 5 minute walk, several of my classmates have lived at the flats at 520 and seem to like it. They also just built a brand new large apartment complex called the archway basically across the street from school. It looks pretty nice but I would guess expensive.Hello! Sorry for being off topic, but I was wondering if there were any current med students here who know where to search for affordable housing options or have any recommendations for particular apt complexes?
Canal crossing is a super popular complex in Hamden where tons of Netter students live and really like. I believe they have a student subsidy price that is pretty good but from my understanding is competitive to get.
Seems like they released decisions from early December IIs. Anyone II in late December or early January?
volecowboy
Full Member
dang - i interviewed on 12/11 and I haven't heard yetOOS A! Interviewed 12/13.
hopefuldoc02
Full Member
OOS II!
Congrats! Submission date?OOS II!
volecowboy
Full Member
also let me say congratulations! you earned this and you're going to be a great physician!!!OOS A! Interviewed 12/13.
crispyapple
New Member
Hang in there, I’ve noticed they tend to do things out of order. Some 12/11 dates heard back in early January and some 12/11 dates are just hearing back now. Your time will come! Don’t lose hope!dang - i interviewed on 12/11 and I haven't heard yet
volecowboy
Full Member
oh that's great to know - thank you!Hang in there, I’ve noticed they tend to do things out of order. Some 12/11 dates heard back in early January and some 12/11 dates are just hearing back now. Your time will come! Don’t lose hope!
Neur-out-of-my-mind
Full Member
Should I be reaching out to admissions if I haven't heard back in the time frame they gave us? Was told early/late Jan. but its now Feb with no communication.
Should I be reaching out to admissions if I haven't heard back in the time frame they gave us? Was told early/late Jan. but its now Feb with no communication.
Generally for schools no but I called them asking for a timeline before I got my decision and they were super nice about it. Although they told me it would be another 2 weeks then released decisions 10 min after my call lol
Hang in there, I’ve noticed they tend to do things out of order. Some 12/11 dates heard back in early January and some 12/11 dates are just hearing back now. Your time will come! Don’t lose hope!
I've been meaning to pop back in and say this, and this goes for almost everyone who's waiting post-interview -- the interviewers have to complete a form post-interview and the file cannot be reviewed until it is completed. The admissions committee meets regularly to discuss the completed files and issue a decision 🙂
If you're still waiting, I wouldn't look too deeply into it. Keep your heads up and know you'll hear soon <3 <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do we think they are done sending out II?
wondering this toodo we think they are done sending out II?
bingbong27
Full Member
I was also deferred and haven’t heard anything. I checked last year’s forum and couldn’t find anything abt when deferred decisions heard back so I’m now expecting to hear back around the time waitlist people do which is around beginning of May.Do we think those that are deferred decisions will have to wait much longer for an answer?
crispyapple
New Member
Any current Medical Students here that would be okay with me DMing them a few questions about Netter? Much appreciated! Thank you!
OOS A just now! Interviewed 1/10